vine weed and callistemon

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

ok the vine weed - our neighbour has loads and its working its way into our garden..... thing is its in the flower beds near all our beautiful plants and flowers so im guessing weedkiller isnt an option.... is there anything else i can do? i cant get to the true roots of it......

and the other thing is my fiance (!) and i got a callistemon the other week, it was lovely, not very big maybe a foot high but it had lots of red blooms on it (if you can call them blooms) but since plants all thats come off.... looks like theres still new leaves coming through but all the red bits have gone.... just the chock of moving and planting it? have started to water it everyday now....

any advice?
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

I would suggest talking to your neighbour but if no response is forthcoming, I believe you have the right to lop off tree brances, tear up weeds, etc etc, if they overlap into your garden (but you might want to check that out!)
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

i believe your right but the problem is that they are literaally tiny shoots coming up its just theres dozens of them!!

i can get rid of six and the next day theres 8!!!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

ive discovered callistemon dont like frost......

especially when they are young....

we got it a couple of weeks ago when there was a dip in temperature in the evening..... not a proper frost but a few nights of coldness..... fingers crossed we havent killed it off..... am watering it daily and planning to feed food every other day....
life is what you make it

Return to “Gardening Forum”