12 Beautiful Celebrity Roses

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Here are a few gorgeous roses named after famous people ~~~~~> 12 Beautiful Celebrity Roses | Mental Floss

I love roses but I've never had much luck with getting them to flourish and at this point only have one. It's a climber and grows along side of the front porch, draping itself long the railings and posts. I can't remember the exact name of it but I think it had "Duchess" in there somewhere! The scent is heavenly and although it blooms heavily in the spring, sometimes it gets a wild hair and decides to throw a few more flowers into the fall season.

As for celebrity roses, I was able to find 2 celebrity roses sharing names of FG members:

The Anne Boleyn ( Anne Boleyn Rose : English Roses : Roses Uk )

And the Betty Boop ( Betty Boop Rose : Floribunda / Cluster Flowering - Less 100cm : Roses Uk )

I wish there was a pretty tabby rose!
tabby

Post by tabby »

Eleanor Roosevelt's famous quote regarding her namesake rose: :yh_flower

"“I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.”
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

tabby;1432543 wrote: Eleanor Roosevelt's famous quote regarding her namesake rose: :yh_flower

"“I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.”

:wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

For you, tabby.....

PS. Click on the kitten pic ;)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

Thought you might enjoy this, tabby...

Beautiful!
tabby

Post by tabby »

It's raining roses now ... thank you for that, AFTR! :yh_flower I would love to know the story behind the car!

The video is beautiful. I'm partial to time lapse shots anyway and this one is gorgeous. The larger of the flowers is so perfect!

I think I found the rose that grows beside the front porch ~~~~~> Duchess D' Angouleme Rose : Old Historic Roses : Roses Uk

Return to “Gardening Forum”