Little Pot of Horrors!

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
tabby

Little Pot of Horrors!

Post by tabby »

Once the glory of the daffodils faded away a few weeks ago my kitchen window sills have seemed so bare. I couldn't decide what to put there but today I found an answer while visiting a local nursery ... 4 little Venus Flytrap plants!

These little green carnivorous beauties now carry the responsibility of keeping the kitchen free of any unwanted guests that wander uninvited into the house.

Right now they're settling in nicely and look very lush and green in their little sphagnum moss filled pots.

I have high hopes!
Snooz

Little Pot of Horrors!

Post by Snooz »

Let's see!
tabby

Little Pot of Horrors!

Post by tabby »

Here are two of them posing together ...

They're much greener than they were yesterday. At the nursery, they were inside the building and were looking pale but already they've perked up and their color is better. I think the best specimens had been purchased already and they only had about 8 left and some of them were terribly spindly. A good fly or spider dinner will help them fill out!

I probably should go ahead and take the little plastic Easter lamb in a basket off the window sill. (far right) It's a miracle there isn't a Christmas decoration laying around also!

harveykietel

Little Pot of Horrors!

Post by harveykietel »

Pots are looking good.

Return to “Gardening Forum”