My Begonias that were Gladiolas

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I must laugh at myself for not realizing the difference between the two flowers. In my own defense this is my first attempt at growing flowers from scratch. I usually bought flowering plants and replanted them. This time I bought bulbs.

My favorable report is that the Gladiolas are going great guns. From their humble beginnings at 1/2" above soil they now stand more than a foot high. I thinned out the 13 plants down to 10 very healthy flowers. They look like the beginning of palm leaves, growing bigger each day. My sister laughed when I described the situation and warned that they could get to 3 feet in height. I'll keep you posted on their progress. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362171 wrote: I must laugh at myself for not realizing the difference between the two flowers. In my own defense this is my first attempt at growing flowers from scratch. I usually bought flowering plants and replanted them. This time I bought bulbs.

My favorable report is that the Gladiolas are going great guns. From their humble beginnings at 1/2" above soil they now stand more than a foot high. I thinned out the 13 plants down to 10 very healthy flowers. They look like the beginning of palm leaves, growing bigger each day. My sister laughed when I described the situation and warned that they could get to 3 feet in height. I'll keep you posted on their progress. :)

You had mentioned this is your begonia thread.

sounds like your blue gladiolus are doing fabulous Bob!
Life is just to short for drama.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I guess that's part of my excitement as I truly have no idea what expect. With no experience with Gladstone I spellbound by every new development. What fun! :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362177 wrote: I guess that's part of my excitement as I truly have no idea what expect. With no experience with Gladstone I spellbound by every new development. What fun! :)

and that's all part of gardening is learning. Gladiolus are spectacular flowers!

and now that you have enticed me, I will be buying them next year.

click for a better view

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Gardening Forum”