Flower market

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Victoria

Flower market

Post by Victoria »

Hi

I went to our annual flower market today in the centre of town a one mile long street with stalls both sides packed with flowers and plants.

Ive tried to get some photos but it is difficult with the hoardes of people there anyway hope you like these..

In the middle is Leeuwarden the building to the right is the Harmonie theatre complex and in the background is the Oldehove historic leaning tower of Leeuwarden.

Attached files
Victoria

Flower market

Post by Victoria »

more photos 1 coffee and little pancakes called poffertjes 2 music for the shoppers Dutch style! 3 the crowds gather.

4 this is the vacant chair memorial I placed in my garden

Attached files
qsducks

Flower market

Post by qsducks »

I'm going out this weekend to get more tomato plants & hopefully loads of flowers...annuals. Need to get more Morning Glory seeds...also need to get some mulch. Pretty flowers Victoria.:-4
Carolly

Flower market

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1192175 wrote: I'm going out this weekend to get more tomato plants & hopefully loads of flowers...annuals. Need to get more Morning Glory seeds...also need to get some mulch. Pretty flowers Victoria.:-4Chris is selling tomato and runner bean plants he did and I sell Morning Glory seeds....very popular they are Ducky;)

Thanks for pictures Victoria;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
qsducks

Flower market

Post by qsducks »

Welcome to the Philadelphia Flower Show of 2009..

Odie

Flower market

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1192158 wrote: Hi

I went to our annual flower market today in the centre of town a one mile long street with stalls both sides packed with flowers and plants.

Ive tried to get some photos but it is difficult with the hoardes of people there anyway hope you like these..

In the middle is Leeuwarden the building to the right is the Harmonie theatre complex and in the background is the Oldehove historic leaning tower of Leeuwarden.

this is awesome Victoria!........love the plants!:guitarist:guitarist

your town looks like an old fashioned town, wish I lived in towns like those.

we do have them, but they are an hours drive.

Victoria;1192162 wrote: more photos 1 coffee and little pancakes called poffertjes 2 music for the shoppers Dutch style! 3 the crowds gather.

4 this is the vacant chair memorial I placed in my garden

wow, so beaituful!
Life is just to short for drama.
Sunshine

Flower market

Post by Sunshine »

Love all the flower photos. Soooooo pretty. :-4

I still have a few to put in to brighten up my back garden but plan on doing that tomorrow or Saturday. so many to chose from. May take hours just finding the right ones. Bright happy ones this year I think.
kazalala

Flower market

Post by kazalala »

fantastic pics victoria:-6:Dthe flowers look gorgeous!:D

do you mind if i ask what the vacant chair is in memory of:-3:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Victoria

Flower market

Post by Victoria »

kazalala;1192239 wrote: fantastic pics victoria:-6:Dthe flowers look gorgeous!:D

do you mind if i ask what the vacant chair is in memory of:-3:-4

Of course not.. its for the loved ones Ive lost, my father 1985(age38) my youngest brother 1995(23) and my second youngest brother 2009 (age 41) all through suicide...the empty space they left needed a visible mark..
kazalala

Flower market

Post by kazalala »

Victoria;1192316 wrote: Of course not.. its for the loved ones Ive lost, my father 1985(age38) my youngest brother 1995(23) and my second youngest brother 2009 (age 41) all through suicide...the empty space they left needed a visible mark..

ah yes,, i remember you have mentioned before:thinking:how very nice,,, a chair for them to come and sit a while:):-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Vesuvius

Flower market

Post by Vesuvius »

Absolutely gorgeous. :-6
dubs

Flower market

Post by dubs »

I like Holland a lot, I used to work there years ago..Nice pics. :)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..

Return to “Gardening Forum”