What have you planted so far this spring?

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Odie

Post by Odie »

-the new green conelflower.......can't wait to those bloom:guitarist:guitarist

I have three others which are purple, shade of pink and white.

I planted bright pink phlox

2 gigantic 1 and a half feet tall jack--in-the- pulpits

2 white trilliums, which is Ontario's flower.

another bee-balm, this time in purple.

forsythia bush......those are the bright yellow flowed bush we see in May.

still more to come!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

what have you planted so far?
Life is just to short for drama.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I've transplanted strawberry plants and both patches are in full bloom and showing signs of berries..:guitarist

Stupid purple and yellow and orange flowers out front where i took a tree down last year...nothing.. they just sit there mocking me, the bastards!:mad::p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The seed of doubt.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
minks

Post by minks »

Dandelions :)

Oh Odie your garden sounds lovely do post pics when they all bloom
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Post by Bez »

Tomatoe plants

A few herbs

Trailing lobelia.....mixed white, purple & pink

Hollyhock seeds (white)

Going to plant a terracotta trough for the front of the flat....not sure what I'm going to put in yet....perrenials I expect with a few annuals to brighten the summer.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

5 different varieties of tomatoes, basil, parsley, chives, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, cilantro, Morning Glories & sunflowers:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1191034 wrote: I've transplanted strawberry plants and both patches are in full bloom and showing signs of berries..:guitarist

Stupid purple and yellow and orange flowers out front where i took a tree down last year...nothing.. they just sit there mocking me, the bastards!:mad::p

oh strawberries.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:guitarist

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl what kind are these purple, orange and yellow flowers?
Odie

Post by Odie »

minks;1191049 wrote: Dandelions :)

Oh Odie your garden sounds lovely do post pics when they all bloom

thanks Minks!

I have a tulip garden out front, and under a huge tree sits 6 different hostas, jack- in-the-pulpits, surrounded by beach rocks.

3 different bushes, variegated dogwood, variegated ***** willow, 2 peonies

it took my word out!:-5:-5 it is to read: p u s s y willow!

and they have red multch around them.

right at the front is lined with perennial for every season with a red dog bush and a weigela wine and rosh bush....its red, and pink flowers in the spring.

now........I need a new camera
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I've buried some dog poo...... does that count?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1191133 wrote: I've buried some dog poo...... does that count?

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

always someone who ruins a thread and takes it off topic!:-5:-5:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Bez;1191081 wrote: Tomatoe plants

A few herbs

Trailing lobelia.....mixed white, purple & pink

Hollyhock seeds (white)

Going to plant a terracotta trough for the front of the flat....not sure what I'm going to put in yet....perrenials I expect with a few annuals to brighten the summer.

hollyhocks are beautiful especially the white!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

I bought Buddleia!

in a huge planter that sits on my porch.:D
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well, I tell you, I planted my feet firmly on the ground ! Onwards and upwards !

I've already got a buddlea (spelling? :yh_rotfl). Oh yes, and I planted an effervescent reverberation of audible proportions in the far corner of me patio, and it's comin' up trumps !! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Sorry Odie, couldn't resist :o
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I just planted a potato & some meatloaf in my tummy:wah: oh and some broccoli
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I was given two boxes of seedlings last week, and they are doing well. I added pumpkins, cantelopes, another cherry tomato to the garden. The watermelon seedling did not survive, the chipmunk must have been snacking last weekend.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1191405 wrote: I was given two boxes of seedlings last week, and they are doing well. I added pumpkins, cantelopes, another cherry tomato to the garden. The watermelon seedling did not survive, the chipmunk must have been snacking last weekend.

My neighbor planted corn but the birds ate most of it.:-5 His radish, cabbage & lettuce are comingup nicely. He also put in tomato seeds...a little late...he now has to get the plants.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

The critters always eat the corn I plant, I didn't plant any this year. Only the one casulty of the watermelon plant so far.

But my California poppies are coming up in the planters, those are my pride and joy. My little corner of home, and they last until September here. :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1191408 wrote: The critters always eat the corn I plant, I didn't plant any this year. Only the one casulty of the watermelon plant so far.

But my California poppies are coming up in the planters, those are my pride and joy. My little corner of home, and they last until September here. :-6

Just started my morning glories and sunflowers. Planted the sunflowers right in front of the porch out front. Also, got some garden flags...I want it to look homy like on a flag perhaps.:-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I always try sunflowers, but that chipmunk loves those seeds too! But I love the little chipmunk, I shall indulge him.

It sounds very pretty, QS.:)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1191412 wrote: Oh, I always try sunflowers, but that chipmunk loves those seeds too! But I love the little chipmunk, I shall indulge him.

It sounds very pretty, QS.:)

I got a nice little wicker love seat over the weekend and put it out on the porch with all my containers filled with herbs & tomatoes. Just have to get my garden flags up tomorrow. Also have daylilies planted next to our steps..they are getting bigger by the day (the plant)...I will probs not be around to see them bloom:-5. I put the sunflowers in earlier today and mowed my back yard (that took 2 hours):-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1191367 wrote: Well, I tell you, I planted my feet firmly on the ground ! Onwards and upwards !

I've already got a buddlea (spelling? :yh_rotfl). Oh yes, and I planted an effervescent reverberation of audible proportions in the far corner of me patio, and it's comin' up trumps !! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Sorry Odie, couldn't resist :o

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

oh oh, I have created a monster on my porch!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1191405 wrote: I was given two boxes of seedlings last week, and they are doing well. I added pumpkins, cantelopes, another cherry tomato to the garden. The watermelon seedling did not survive, the chipmunk must have been snacking last weekend.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE CHIPMUNKS!:-5:-5:-5

our squirrels do the same Chonsi, plant seeds and they eat them.:-5:-5
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Ive only planted one creeper this year so far I wanted a focus point to remember my brother so I have placed a vacant chair with a lantern on it the creeper will (hopefully ) wind itself round the framework of the chair...

But tomorrow (thursday) is the annual flower market in town nearly a mile of stalls selling every concivable plant, ornament or tub you could want for..

I will try to get some photos. It really is a fantastic sight.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1191680 wrote: Ive only planted one creeper this year so far I wanted a focus point to remember my brother so I have placed a vacant chair with a lantern on it the creeper will (hopefully ) wind itself round the framework of the chair...

But tomorrow (thursday) is the annual flower market in town nearly a mile of stalls selling every concivable plant, ornament or tub you could want for..

that was a beautiful thing to do for him.......the vacant chair with a lantern, sounds like a really nice & peaceful place to visit.

ohhhhhhhh have fun at the market, and yes, post us some pics!

I would love one of those old fashioned tubs to put flowers in!:guitarist:guitarist
Odie

Post by Odie »

bright orange dahlias............

in a huge pot sitting on my porch.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Victoria;1191680 wrote: Ive only planted one creeper this year so far I wanted a focus point to remember my brother so I have placed a vacant chair with a lantern on it the creeper will (hopefully ) wind itself round the framework of the chair...

I planted morning glories last weekend but have to get more seeds...we have iron posts holding up our front porch and they wind themselves around those.
Odie

Post by Odie »

two huge red coral bell plants which are perennials!

they bloom late spring through summer!:guitarist:guitarist
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I deplanted some poison ivy today
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1196775 wrote: I deplanted some poison ivy today
:eek: Good riddence. Was it in your yard, garden or whatever is correct these days?
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1196785 wrote: :eek: Good riddence. Was it in your yard, garden or whatever is correct these days?

My back fence...had to take the shears to it & cut the vines....it should dry out soon enough.
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

I have onions and Nasturtiams planted. The onions are for me and the nasturtiams are for the pet turtle. The rabbits got to our butternut squash already, oh well.
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Dizz;1196956 wrote: I have onions and Nasturtiams planted. The onions are for me and the nasturtiams are for the pet turtle. The rabbits got to our butternut squash already, oh well.

oh cool, you grow them for your turtle.:guitarist:guitarist

your lucky to have rabbits.....here we see none.
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

Lucky... no. We have so many rabbits here, it can be considered a plague. There must be a couple dozen that live on my acre alone. They eat most of the cactus we try to plant in the ground and even pull them out of the ground to get at the roots. I don't have a dog so they feel safe here. The coyotes don't come around much since my land is mostly fenced.

One good point: the courtship habits of the cotton tails are funny. They face off. One runs at the other and the first one to flinch loses. Kind of like a game of chicken. :yh_rotfl
"Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad."

Odie

Post by Odie »

Dizz;1196979 wrote: Lucky... no. We have so many rabbits here, it can be considered a plague. There must be a couple dozen that live on my acre alone. They eat most of the cactus we try to plant in the ground and even pull them out of the ground to get at the roots. I don't have a dog so they feel safe here. The coyotes don't come around much since my land is mostly fenced.

One good point: the courtship habits of the cotton tails are funny. They face off. One runs at the other and the first one to flinch loses. Kind of like a game of chicken. :yh_rotfl

yeah, if you have that many than they are a nuisance and eat your home grown veges.

but.....had no idea they ate cactus?
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

They do if they are hungry enough. The cottontails are a problem. However, the Jackrabbits are just fine! They don't eat much and none of my stuff! When I see them cross the road, they look like a small dog. :driving:

Odie

Post by Odie »

Dizz;1197643 wrote: They do if they are hungry enough. The cottontails are a problem. However, the Jackrabbits are just fine! They don't eat much and none of my stuff! When I see them cross the road, they look like a small dog. :driving:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Gardening Forum”