the season of crap

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
koan

the season of crap

Post by koan »

Yes, this is the time. The time when rain nurses the soil, things turn green, and people cover their lots with steer manure.

I don't follow the logic. What's the point of making your home and garden look nice if no one can stand to be within a block of it for the smell of ****?
Odie

the season of crap

Post by Odie »

It's good for the garden, that's why!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

The smell doesn't last that long.

nice pic!
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

the season of crap

Post by qsducks »

Yeah, it does go away the smell that is, but it's great for your garden. down here we use mushroom soil...talk about stinky:lips:
Odie

the season of crap

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1166791 wrote: Yeah, it does go away the smell that is, but it's great for your garden. down here we use mushroom soil...talk about stinky:lips:

our old neighbours used the stuff from they're compost...now that's a smell!:-5:-5:-5
qsducks

the season of crap

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1166798 wrote: our old neighbours used the stuff from they're compost...now that's a smell!:-5:-5:-5

Yeah, but it doesn't last long and I actually kind of like it. My mom grew up on a farm so when we visited her parents, it never bothered me.:)
Odie

the season of crap

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1166799 wrote: Yeah, but it doesn't last long and I actually kind of like it. My mom grew up on a farm so when we visited her parents, it never bothered me.:)

only lasts a few hours, no biggy.
minks

the season of crap

Post by minks »

oh if only my "doggie deposits" were useful for the garden... sigh
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
fuzzywuzzy

the season of crap

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I use chicken and horse manure........it's better stuff. Now there's a grand ole smell. And if you want your compost to break down more quickly ........urinate on it. Kind of like urinating on a lemon tree, just send the kids out to do it.

Minks your doggy doo doo is good for the garden if you don't feed him raw meat.:)
minks

the season of crap

Post by minks »

fuzzywuzzy;1166953 wrote: I use chicken and horse manure........it's better stuff. Now there's a grand ole smell. And if you want your compost to break down more quickly ........urinate on it. Kind of like urinating on a lemon tree, just send the kids out to do it.

Minks your doggy doo doo is good for the garden if you don't feed him raw meat.:)

are you serious? No my doggies only ever get dried high end dog food. One doggie has a very sensitive tummy. Well for crying out loud that is interesting to know. I had no idea. Well now I know what I will do with the piles once the snow melts... I wonder if I mix that into the flower garden if the cats will stay away. hmmmmmm
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bill Sikes

the season of crap

Post by Bill Sikes »

fuzzywuzzy;1166953 wrote: I use chicken and horse manure........

Chickensh's a bit powerful for use straight off, IME - it needs to stand for a year before use. Horsesh is fine, but too many places muck out too frequently, so it can be mostly straw!

fuzzywuzzy;1166953 wrote: your doggy doo doo is good for the garden if you don't feed him raw meat. )

Really?? Eurgh. I wouldn't be at all tempted to compost this (not cats'), unless it was a very "hot" heap, and probably not even then.
qsducks

the season of crap

Post by qsducks »

Went riding down the road today and that smell of mushroom soil is in the air.:wah:
ade901

the season of crap

Post by ade901 »

Stack the manure and leave it for 12 months before you spread it. It stops smelling very quickly and smells of nothing when you use it a year later.

Return to “Gardening Forum”