Rose of Sharon

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
sibyl

Rose of Sharon

Post by sibyl »

Have any of you ever been able to successfully grow a Rose of Sharon bush from seed?
Odie

Rose of Sharon

Post by Odie »

sibyl;1105160 wrote: Have any of you ever been able to successfully grow a Rose of Sharon bush from seed?

never tried it from seed, but it's a hardy plants as I have three, so give it a try!
Life is just to short for drama.
sibyl

Rose of Sharon

Post by sibyl »

Oh you're so right about it being hardy! That's one of the reasons I'm partial to it ... well ... that and the beautiful flowers!
Mustang

Rose of Sharon

Post by Mustang »

My wife has lots of these bushes in all colors and yes, all grown from seed. She lets the pods hit the dirt below and they re-seed themselves!

We transplant them then to other areas of our property once they are at least 6 inches tall and have given numerous ones to friends.
Odie

Rose of Sharon

Post by Odie »

sibyl;1105196 wrote: Oh you're so right about it being hardy! That's one of the reasons I'm partial to it ... well ... that and the beautiful flowers!

yes, they can be aggressive.........lol.

- by all means since you love them, start them by seed, let me know how they work out and good luck!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
ade901

Rose of Sharon

Post by ade901 »

Don't bother with seed - they often do not come true. Just get a few roots and plant those. You will have plenty soon enough

Return to “Gardening Forum”