What plant is it?

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
calen.darren

What plant is it?

Post by calen.darren »

Don’t you just love it when a place you travel to has a well-tended garden to enjoy? The timeshare my husband and I signed onto in CA has that, though the rest of the house isn’t quite as lovely, we’re thinking of abandoning it if we can get away from the penalties…but that’s a different matter.

My real question was what the flowers on the house’s walls were. I didn’t get a picture, but they were a purple climbing plant, and were hanging over the wall. They had thin, papery petals and were quite beautiful. I’ve seen them before, they’re fairly common on houses in the tropics. Ugh, I feel like such a gardening newbie when I have to describe a plant. Well, more like an English language newbie :P
WonderWendy3

What plant is it?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I've got the popcorn!!:wah:
Bryn Mawr

What plant is it?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

How big were the fowers - from your brief description they sound like clematis.
valerie

What plant is it?

Post by valerie »

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

ethanarcilla

What plant is it?

Post by ethanarcilla »

As valerie mentioned, it sounds like you’re talking about the Bouganvilla. It’s a tropical plant from Brazil, so if you live in a cold climate area you might not be able to grow it in your own yard.

I sympathize with your time share problems. If the house’s problems are intractable, you’d best rid yourself of it before you lose too much. My sister ran into some financial problems and went to a service called time share relief to get it off her hands as part of her steps to get back into the black. Her lawyers recommended that she not abandon the thing outright, y’see.
Nomad

What plant is it?

Post by Nomad »

Epicurious Finbotal.

No question about it.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Gardening Forum”