The best bonsai product site except if there is a better one?

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
fame

Post by fame »

This morning I received a little Bonsai tree given by a close relative who told me that he ordered this great gift straight from 4bonsai.com site. It arrived in such beautiful shape that I had to write them to tell how absolutely enchanted I am with gift purchased from their site. It is covered with pink buds, so I will a look forward to watching it bloom in the near future. I couldn't be happier with this lovely Bonsai tree. As I visited their site, I had the chance to purchase other products for starters like me. I am overwhelmed that they do have Bonsai starter kits, Bonsai kits, Bonsai accessories, Bamboo kits, Bamboo accessories, Bonsai Pots and Bamboo pots that suit my taste. If you are a beginner in handling Bonsai Trees then you can visit their site at 4bonsai.com for more information. They did help me find what I need as a starter.

Does anyone here knows of a similar site that offers more Bonsai productssuch as: Bonsai, Bonsai Trees, Bonsai Tree, Bamboo, Bonsai starter kits, Bonsai kits,

Bonsai accessories, Bamboo kits,Bamboo accessories, Bonsai Pots,Bamboo pots, Bonsai Wholesale, Bonsai tree wholesale, Bonsai trees wholesale, Bamboo wholesale,Indoor Bonsai, Bonsai indoor, Bonsai Seed kits,Ikebana, Specimen Bonsai,Bonsai specimen, Bonsai Tool kits, Bonsai Figurines,Feng Shui products, Feng Shui, Bonsai shipped to California, Lucky Bamboo,Lucky Bamboo pots, Lucky Bamboo kits, Bonsai humidity trays, Bonsai under $30.00,Juniper, Japanese Juniper,Juniper Bonsai, Japanese Juniper Bonsai, Authentic Bonsai, Imported Bonsai, Authentic Bonsai Trees, Imported Bonsai Trees?
koan

Post by koan »

I'd be interested in learning bonsai.

Can any tree be made bonsai?
Bez

Post by Bez »

koan wrote: I'd be interested in learning bonsai.

Can any tree be made bonsai?

There are lots of books and 'web' help Koan.

I have attempted several times from scratch and also bought 'ready made' Bonsai. Sad to say unsuccessful on all fronts.

Most trees/shrubs can be 'bonsaid'? both evergreen and deciduous. Some are indoor and some outdoor depending on your climate. The outdoor ones have to have their roots protected from the frost I think.

I saw some beautiful specimens last weekend from 6" high to 6'. Some were 60 years old. :-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
koan

Post by koan »

What is the technique to trimming? Is there a basic principle that keeps the tree small? I can look around but if, the answer is complicated, a link would be great as well
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

koan wrote: What is the technique to trimming? Is there a basic principle that keeps the tree small? I can look around but if, the answer is complicated, a link would be great as well
Bonsai takes patience. You're stunting the growth of a tree, trying to represent it's full-size brother. Not only do you trim the branches, you can use soft copper wire (made for bonsai) to shape them the way you want them to grow. Every year or so, rinse all the water from the roots and trim them as well, so as to retard the growth.

I did a bit of it years ago.

Pretty clever ad, fame. How long have you had the business?
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Accountable wrote: Pretty clever ad, fame. How long have you had the business?

My thoughts exactly, Acc my friend :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “Gardening Forum”