Hampton court flower show

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I've just got back from a fabulous day out. Been to one of the biggest garden shows in the UK. take a look at the link and you can get a taste of what I experienced today...it was fantastic.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt/2006/index.asp
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, they are beautiful! I liked the water gardens. Did you get to see them, Bez?
annabelle

Post by annabelle »

Just had a quick look around the site ... you couldn't have failed to have enjoyed a really great day out.

Garden shows have a way of making me think "I really must do more in my garden when I get home!" ....:wah: Not that it isn't ok, but these displays always make you feel that way ..:thinking: :wah:
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Bez, isn't it really something to surround yourself with such beauty?

Yes, life is good:-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Bez

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, they are beautiful! I liked the water gardens. Did you get to see them, Bez?

I guess we saw about 90% of the show. We had 6 hours and we really needed 2 days. Thousands of people go so at times it was hard to fight your way through to see the exhibits.

The water gardens were gorgeous chonsi...my favourite was the dorset Water lily garden. You just wanted to go and sit in the summer house for ever.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Bez wrote: I guess we saw about 90% of the show. We had 6 hours and we really needed 2 days. Thousands of people go so at times it was hard to fight your way through to see the exhibits.

The water gardens were gorgeous chonsi...my favourite was the dorset Water lily garden. You just wanted to go and sit in the summer house for ever.

I love the little rope bridge. Quaint and lovely:-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That one looks so serene, Bez. I would love to have a garden like that!

I always wanted a little greenhouse, to have plants in the wintertime.
Bez

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: That one looks so serene, Bez. I would love to have a garden like that!

I always wanted a little greenhouse, to have plants in the wintertime.

I've never been too worried about the size of the house, but I've always dreamed of a place with a stream, a pond, a small wood, and plenty of space for veg, flowers and an area to relax with maybe a hammock...
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, a little stream! That flows down over pretty rocks, a little pond in it, maybe with some koi! And a small wood, that would be grand.

My garden is not so great this year, I have not had time to work in it. It was a choice of one thing that had to be completed or the garden, so I choose the other this year. I have flowers planted, but need to go out and weed them. I am just waiting a day or two, in case Mr. Woodchuck is out there. But my poppies are blooming, I hope to go out and weed and see if the white linen and red ones will bloom late in the summer. But I would love a Japanese style garden, with a little tea house, and a bridge, and a lily pond.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Specially for you chonsi :-4
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, thank you Bez! That is so beautiful!:-4

Return to “Gardening Forum”