Kale

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
4rum

Kale

Post by 4rum »

Warmed up nicely yesterday, planted some kale seed outdoors. Hope it isn't too late for it. Kale is a 'cold weather' crop.... may have to try fall planting next year.
Bez

Kale

Post by Bez »

4rum wrote: Warmed up nicely yesterday, planted some kale seed outdoors. Hope it isn't too late for it. Kale is a 'cold weather' crop.... may have to try fall planting next year.

Hiya...I don't think Kale is too popular here....we're more into Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower and broccoli in the UK. have you got a large plot for planting veg ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
4rum

Kale

Post by 4rum »

I live right in town...but kind of on the edge. Two minutes to work right in the middle of town (small town)...but I have about 5 acres. I have a veggie garden and am in the process of building flower beds and planting shrubs and trees.

Thanks for asking.
Bez

Kale

Post by Bez »

4rum wrote: I live right in town...but kind of on the edge. Two minutes to work right in the middle of town (small town)...but I have about 5 acres. I have a veggie garden and am in the process of building flower beds and planting shrubs and trees.

Thanks for asking.

I'm really envious....5 acres is HUGE....lots of work to keep you out of mischief eh ???

I never tire of talking 'garden' and it's interesting to hear what people grow in other parts of the world.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
4rum

Kale

Post by 4rum »

Like the standard fare here pretty much. Potatos, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, squash, zuchinni, sweet potatos, and most of the green veggies, cauliflower, brocolli, spinach, mustard.... mmm, mmm getting hungry here... have to stop and have a sammich.(sandwich).
4rum

Kale

Post by 4rum »

This is Bud...this is Bud's yard...this is Buds grass... which I have to mow!

Attached files

Return to “Gardening Forum”