The Song of the Greys

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
lady cop

The Song of the Greys

Post by lady cop »

hello dave and welcome to FG :-6 when i read this thread title i thought it may refer to grey whales.... enjoy posting here!
koan

The Song of the Greys

Post by koan »

I'm pretty open minded but this pushes my boundaries a little. I don't doubt that there are other life forms in the universe but the whole deal with alien abductions and why it may happen has never struck any chords of truth with me. I have yet to find an explanation that I could buy...hence why none of the books are on my shelf at home.
alobar51

The Song of the Greys

Post by alobar51 »

koan wrote: I'm pretty open minded but this pushes my boundaries a little. I don't doubt that there are other life forms in the universe but the whole deal with alien abductions and why it may happen has never struck any chords of truth with me. I have yet to find an explanation that I could buy...hence why none of the books are on my shelf at home.

Yes, this pretty much paraphrases my thinking, as well.

Carl Sagan co-authored a wonderful book, published in 1966, called Intelligent Life in the Universe.

In it he sort of runs the numbers, billions and billions of stars, the odds are almost certain that there is technologically advanced life somewhere.

But what would intelligent life some thousands of light years away, want with us?

We inhabit, after all, a virtual cosmic speck of dust in some far flung corner of a toally insignificant galaxy.

What resource could we possibly have that they couldn't find elsewhere? We're just not that unique.

The other problem I have with the ET's that are reportedly here is their method of transportation. These saucer shaped ships, I don't see how they could travel fast enough. They're too bulky. I have trouble reconciling the aerodynamics of it. I've read Bud Hopkins' theories of onboard gravitational devices which essentially bend gravity, thus shrinking distances, but it sounds too warp drive for my sensibilities.

Beam me up, Scotty.

Return to “Paranormal Science”