Doppelgangers

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
RedGlitter

Doppelgangers

Post by RedGlitter »

Do you believe in them? Have you seen your or someone else's?

From Wiki:

A doppelgänger (pronunciation (help·info)) or fetch is the ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation.

In the vernacular, "Doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person—most commonly an "evil twin". The essential meaning of the German word is "doublewalker", someone who is walking the same way as you do. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. In Norse mythology, a vardøgr is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.
henrychalder

Doppelgangers

Post by henrychalder »

It was some years ago in the early hours of a summer morning and it had just got light, I was driving from work on my usual route in a rural area when I observed a figure standing on top of a man made mound, the figure was of a man wearing a blue coat. I travelled a few hundred yards when my curiosity got the better of me. I slammed the car in reverse to observe the figure again but it was gone. It was odd to see someone in that area at that time so I parked the car and climbed up the mound, I looked across the common to see if I could see anyone, there was not a sign of anyone and I could see just open country for miles, where had the person gone?

I looked at what I was wearing myself, my hair stood on end, it was the same clothes as what the figure on the mound was wearing.
Ali.

Doppelgangers

Post by Ali. »

OMG henry thats a bit tooooooooooooo scary for me.My hairs are standing on end just reading it.Red Iv heard of those thing was never quite sur wot they where all about now I really dont think I like them errieeeeee spooky things.Never saw 1 and hope I never do.Im sooooo frightened of the supernatural.Probably because I really dont understand it.
Carl44

Doppelgangers

Post by Carl44 »

i'm actually really brainy and intelligent and a doppelganger keeps posting total rubbish under my user name :-5:-5

:sneaky:
Ali.

Doppelgangers

Post by Ali. »

You crack me up jimbo.You might have to excersise it and that dosnt mean lifting waits.lol:confused::thinking::-2:-3

Return to “Paranormal Science”