Hiking the Canyons of the West

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
User avatar
bobmielke
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by bobmielke »

I visited 5 National Parks this past two weeks: Zion, Bryce, Arches, Monument Valley & The Grand Canyon. I've got blood blisters and sunburned feet to prove that I covered a lot of ground for a fat old man. The scenery was spectacular and the weather perfect.







User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1363798 wrote: I visited 5 National Parks this past two weeks: Zion, Bryce, Arches, Monument Valley & The Grand Canyon. I've got blood blisters and sunburned feet to prove that I covered a lot of ground for a fat old man. The scenery was spectacular and the weather perfect.










Welcome back from your trip!



by your photos I can how beautiful the scenery was.

5 parks was a lot to cover on foot, sounds like you need to soak your feet in hot water and Epsom salt.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
bobmielke
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by bobmielke »

I bought a pair of hiking sandals that are tremendous. They allowed the blisters to heal as I continued my hiking. I'm glad to be home.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1363804 wrote: I bought a pair of hiking sandals that are tremendous. They allowed the blisters to heal as I continued my hiking. I'm glad to be home.


just be careful with blood blisters that they don't get infected.



I can imagine how happy you are to be back home:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by gmc »

That is one area in the states would like to visit, your cities not so much.
User avatar
bobmielke
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by bobmielke »

Here are some more photos from Monument Valley, a native Navajo Reservation.









User avatar
bobmielke
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by bobmielke »

gmc;1363820 wrote: That is one area in the states would like to visit, your cities not so much.


We had people from England, Australia, China, Japan, France, Germany and Holland on our tour of the 5 national parks. There were 35 of us, plus two drivers. The ages ranged from 16 to 72. Check out -> Green Tortoise Adventure Bus Tours - Canyons of the West
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by chonsigirl »

What lovely photos, it sound like a great trip.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15908
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Welcome back - sounds like you need a holiday to get over it :-)
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by gmc »

Are you allowed to wander freely or do you have to stick to an organised trip?
User avatar
bobmielke
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 am

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by bobmielke »

We may wonder freely anywhere. The experienced bus driver gives us an assortment of possible routes or hikes but we could go anywhere.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Hiking the Canyons of the West

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1363887 wrote: We may wonder freely anywhere. The experienced bus driver gives us an assortment of possible routes or hikes but we could go anywhere.


great as everyone at times enjoys their own space.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “The Outdoors”