Calling all Hunters!

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
qsducks

Calling all Hunters!

Post by qsducks »

No duck hunting Hoss? What a shame.:wah: Do you make quail wings with hot sauce...don't mind me babe, I'm being silly tonight...I'm the mad duck...I needed to let go of lots of crap this week so am feeling like my old self.:wah:
Tan

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Tan »

Holy cow! This is all new to me. I'm used to partridge, rabbit, moose and deer.

Love it all though Hoss! Good luck to you.:)
Tan
Odie

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Odie »

Hoss;1065602 wrote: I've had a pretty good season of quail hunting so far, I have been out 6 times and got skunked twice while I figured out how to hunt them here in CA. Mountain Quail are a very difficult bird to track, trail and kill but a tasty bird and worth the effort.

I have collect up 14 so far. One evening my girlfriend and her family came over and I smoked them and we had some as a side dinner dish. I have the res tin th freezer and plan to fix them along with the Turkey for Thanksgiving.

My next favorite thing to hunt is wild pig. And so far I took two this year. One by 44 mag and the other by knife.

I missed deer season this year. I'm a little disappointed by that, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Care to share your favorite hunt?

now where's this almighty quail dog hunter of yours?:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Calling all Hunters!

Post by qsducks »

JAB;1065783 wrote: Was it in a pear tree? :-2 :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

From what I hear duck is rather gamey. My daughter ate it a few years ago and did the ultimate pleasure of barfing it up in the back of my minivan:lips: Talk about grossed out.
qsducks

Calling all Hunters!

Post by qsducks »

JAB;1065794 wrote: I've had duck before. It wasn't too bad. Wouldn't have it all the time but I'd try it again - a l'orange.

Lay off the rellys. I will make you a tofu duck with a l'orange.
qsducks

Calling all Hunters!

Post by qsducks »

Smoking? What are you smoking?:wah:
Odie

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Odie »

Fire Angel;1065805 wrote: The quail was great! *not the hot one*

Hoss is a really good cook.

bet it does taste awesome!

does it taste like duck at all?

I have had that and its yummy with orange sauce....if its cooked properly and comes out tender.
Tan

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Tan »

Moose is the best!
Tan
qsducks

Calling all Hunters!

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1065809 wrote: bet it does taste awesome!

does it taste like duck at all?

I have had that and its yummy with orange sauce..if its cooked properly and comes out tender.

What is this about ducks? I'm going quackers!:wah:
Odie

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1065811 wrote: What is this about ducks? I'm going quackers!:wah:

It's not always about you!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

now go to your nest before hunters come out shooting!:wah::wah::wah:
Hope6

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Hope6 »

i hate to be a wet blanket on the whole hunting issue, i have no problem with hunting if people act responsibly and eat what they kill! but it's deer season here right now and i hate it with a passion! sorry guys! :o

pickup trucks roaring up and down the road, shooting all around us, i'm scared to go outside, scared to let the baby go outside i'm even afraid to let the dog outside! :-5

as i have mentioned on another thread, i had one dog a few years ago during hunting season who was run over and killed right in front of our house, by a hunter, and another one we found where he had crawled back into the yard with a bullitt in him, and a hunter almost ran down our new puppy yesterday! :-5

i'm sure most hunters are responsible people don't get me wrong but theres always gonna be a few bad ones in everything i guess! sorry for complaining guys but this time of year really gets on my nerves.
KSnyder

Calling all Hunters!

Post by KSnyder »

My ideal hunt would be to prop a 12 gauge shotgun up in a fashion a meandering 8 point buck or larger would have no trouble wrapping it's lips around the barrel end of it all the while setting off the rigged trigger that would eventually blow the deer a minimum of 2 yards backward into a pit I'd conveniently placed in it's wake that appropriately enough had a samurai sword wedged within the middle of it gutting it on the spot!

Seeing as how we're not in the robot age I'd have to butcher it meself but hey! I look at it as free meat so what the hay!

I'll just get me nephew to do it! :yh_rotfl I KID!!!! I KID!!!!!!
Odie

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Odie »

KSnyder;1258704 wrote: My ideal hunt would be to prop a 12 gauge shotgun up in a fashion a meandering 8 point buck or larger would have no trouble wrapping it's lips around the barrel end of it all the while setting off the rigged trigger that would eventually blow the deer a minimum of 2 yards backward into a pit I'd conveniently placed in it's wake that appropriately enough had a samurai sword wedged within the middle of it gutting it on the spot!

Seeing as how we're not in the robot age I'd have to butcher it meself but hey! I look at it as free meat so what the hay!

I'll just get me nephew to do it! :yh_rotfl I KID!!!! I KID!!!!!!

you would do that?:(
KSnyder

Calling all Hunters!

Post by KSnyder »

Odie;1258733 wrote: you would do that?:(

Well, if it's any conciliation to you I would remain on hand to blow it's brains out with a Desert Eagle or something so it didn't suffer.
Odie

Calling all Hunters!

Post by Odie »

KSnyder;1258735 wrote: Well, if it's any conciliation to you I would remain on hand to blow it's brains out with a Desert Eagle or something so it didn't suffer.

I don't mind hunting.....as long as its for food.
KSnyder

Calling all Hunters!

Post by KSnyder »

Odie;1258740 wrote: I don't mind hunting.....as long as its for food.

Oh well of course!

I agree completely!

In fact I will donate everything I will not be able to consume(Along with my family) to programs designed to feed those that could use it!

FHFH HOME

Content - Safari Club Foundation

National Conservation Organization - Whitetails Unlimited » PROGRAMS

And for heavens sake people every time you hit a deer and don't report it you waste hundreds of pounds of meat that would otherwise go to people that can use it by simply donating it! You will not be cited or fined! A simple phone call!

If you live near Dayton call me ffs!
hoppy

Calling all Hunters!

Post by hoppy »

Hoss;1065602 wrote: I've had a pretty good season of quail hunting so far, I have been out 6 times and got skunked twice while I figured out how to hunt them here in CA. Mountain Quail are a very difficult bird to track, trail and kill but a tasty bird and worth the effort.

I have collect up 14 so far. One evening my girlfriend and her family came over and I smoked them and we had some as a side dinner dish. I have the res tin th freezer and plan to fix them along with the Turkey for Thanksgiving.

My next favorite thing to hunt is wild pig. And so far I took two this year. One by 44 mag and the other by knife.

I missed deer season this year. I'm a little disappointed by that, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Care to share your favorite hunt?

You kill wild pigs with a knife? Damn. My bros used to call me a coward for using a sharp stick. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “The Outdoors”