A Better Choice

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Mark Aspam

A Better Choice

Post by Mark Aspam »

General T. V. Shows was a fine soldier, and it's a shame that he's not running for the GOP nomination instead of Trump.
AnneBoleyn

A Better Choice

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Huh????????
Mark Aspam

A Better Choice

Post by Mark Aspam »

AnneBoleyn;1499313 wrote: Huh????????I was surfing the Garden and saw that there was a forum dedicated to the General, so I thought I would make a comment.

Sort of like discussing Thomas Alva Edison under Current Events I suppose.
Wandrin

A Better Choice

Post by Wandrin »

I'm still confused.
magentaflame

A Better Choice

Post by magentaflame »

Who's a who what?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Mark Aspam

A Better Choice

Post by Mark Aspam »

As I type this I'm watching Chelsea Clinton introduce her mom at the convention, and she's being a little long-winded.

There has been so much contention and turmoil regarding the upcoming election, on this forum and elsewhere, that I thought I'd try to lighten things up with a little harmless wordplay.

I don't seem to have succeeded, so I apologize to anyone whom I have confused or mystified.

Hillary is about to take the stage so I'll sign off and check in tomorrow!
Bruv

A Better Choice

Post by Bruv »

Mark Aspam;1499327 wrote: As I type this I'm watching Chelsea Clinton introduce her mom at the convention, and she's being a little long-winded.

There has been so much contention and turmoil regarding the upcoming election, on this forum and elsewhere, that I thought I'd try to lighten things up with a little harmless wordplay.

I don't seem to have succeeded, so I apologize to anyone whom I have confused or mystified.

Hillary is about to take the stage so I'll sign off and check in tomorrow!

A tip Mark, stick a laughy face at the end, they call them smilies, problem solved
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Mark Aspam

A Better Choice

Post by Mark Aspam »

Bruv;1499338 wrote: A tip Mark, stick a laughy face at the end, they call them smilies, problem solvedYa know, in all the time I've been on this forum, I can't remember EVER having used a smilie. I've used some similies though. So thanks for the tip!

Anyway, to those who didn't get it, I saw a forum here called "General TV Shows" and thought it might be good for some punnery.

As to Edison=Current, well, I'll let you ponder over that one yourselves.
minks

A Better Choice

Post by minks »

rolling eyes and giggling a little behind my hand.

Nice work Mark.

General T.V. is not as good as he once was.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bruv

A Better Choice

Post by Bruv »

Mark Aspam;1499339 wrote: Ya know, in all the time I've been on this forum, I can't remember EVER having used a smilie. I've used some similies though. So thanks for the tip!

Anyway, to those who didn't get it, I saw a forum here called "General TV Shows" and thought it might be good for some punnery.

As to Edison=Current, well, I'll let you ponder over that one yourselves.

Me too Mark, only use them very very sparingly........but firstly remember Spot, if I have it right, doesn't like them, and if you sling one in at the end of a rant.......you can get away with virtual murder metaphorically speaking........so there is two good reasons to use them.........:-3.
magentaflame

A Better Choice

Post by magentaflame »

Do you think you could get away with murder if you left a smiley sticker on a body?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Mark Aspam

A Better Choice

Post by Mark Aspam »

magentaflame;1499374 wrote: Do you think you could get away with murder if you left a smiley sticker on a body?Probably not, but I might be able to if I killed someone softly with my song.
magentaflame

A Better Choice

Post by magentaflame »

And set yourself up to ride that highway to hell

Hee hee hee!
magentaflame

A Better Choice

Post by magentaflame »

Omg ive only just understood your name........clever.
FourPart

A Better Choice

Post by FourPart »

Could be a plot for the Return of Sherlock Holmes - "The Case Of The Smiley Stickers".
minks

A Better Choice

Post by minks »

takes the gore factor away a bit doesn't it.

"Jack the Ripper strikes again, guts his victims, but leaves behind a telltale smiley sticker slapped upon their forehead....."

Some times the smiley is a clever disguise for "joking!..... but not really" in my opinion.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bruv

A Better Choice

Post by Bruv »

I did say "you can get away with virtual murder metaphorically"

Virtual murder and metaphorically, is my get out of jail card.

Return to “General TV Shows”