Preacher another AMC gem

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
minks

Preacher another AMC gem

Post by minks »

Another AMC television show based on a comic book.

Weird as hell. Dark humor, and awesome cast.

The ever hot Dominic Cooper and the funnier then heck Joseph Gilgun are great.

I love this show, the rest of my family is on the fence.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
AnneBoleyn

Preacher another AMC gem

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I watched the first two episodes, as they ran together on the same 'opening' night. It's not for me.
tazzy

Preacher another AMC gem

Post by tazzy »

does it have the since of humor like deadpool?
flopstock

Preacher another AMC gem

Post by flopstock »

So what is it about? I see that I can view it online, but i hesitate to be grossed out while falling asleep... :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

minks

Preacher another AMC gem

Post by minks »

it's quite dark and warped.

Its about a "reformed" preacher of a small town. He apparently has some kind of violent past, but has made a promise to his dead father to continue to be a preacher.

He suddenly gains this amazing super power where he can convince people of anything, so he is using that for the greater good in this small town.

But low and behold, this super power is not to be used, and these 2 bumbling dudes are after the preacher to get the power back from him.

The preacher has some crazy people influencing him along the way, his pure assistant lady I think has a crush on him

A blast from his "dirty" past finds him

A crazed Vampire dude who is sooooooooooooo funny has befriended him

just to name a few.

It's tough to get into, it comes off as very disjointed and confusing, but I have stuck with it and I find it quite good.

It's based on a comic book so you have to take the blood and guts with that in mind. I would not call it a horror, it's a dark kind of story with some warped humor.

Be open minded and be entertained.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “General TV Shows”