Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by flopstock »

If you really like a show or movie and then find out stuff about the actors, does it affect the way you were viewing them and that show or movie?

For instance ladies, if you watch a show that has one of the lead characters taking his shirt off all the time and you find out he's gay... does that affect your reaction to him taking off his shirt?

If an actor delivers lines that crack you up all the time and then you find out they have some pretty off the wall personal beliefs, do you find them less funny?

Now I'm not asking if things like this should affect you, but rather do they? It not like you were ever gonna date them or debate them in real life... so it should be 'who cares?',

But it's NOT.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by YZGI »

Now we all will be guessing who you had the hots for and then came out gay.
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1473922 wrote: Now we all will be guessing who you had the hots for and then came out gay.


Hah! It actually started way back with 'An Officer and a Gentleman' . Loved that movie until I saw Debra Winger interviewed and she said he made her cry all the time on the set. I did not need to know that, but there was no unhearing it - even after seeing stories about her being a nutjob to work with.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

User avatar
FourPart
Posts: 6485
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by FourPart »

Makes no difference to me whatsoever.
User avatar
High Threshold
Posts: 2856
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:20 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1473920 wrote: If you really like a show or movie and then find out stuff about the actors, does it affect the way you were viewing them and that show or movie?

For instance ladies, if you watch a show that has one of the lead characters taking his shirt off all the time and you find out he's gay... does that affect your reaction to him taking off his shirt?

If an actor delivers lines that crack you up all the time and then you find out they have some pretty off the wall personal beliefs, do you find them less funny?

Now I'm not asking if things like this should affect you, but rather do they? It not like you were ever gonna date them or debate them in real life... so it should be 'who cares?',

But it's NOT.


Well ....... seeing Rock Hudson kissing Brigitte Bardot would have affected me, yes. Phooey, thinking about where his lips were the night before! I had a serious crush on BB! And then there was only one John Wayne film I was to eager to see. I think it was called "The Cowboys". Why? Because I detested the man and it was the only film in which his roll figure got killed. So the anwer to your question is YES - their real life does affect me.
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by flopstock »

High Threshold;1473971 wrote: Well ....... seeing Rock Hudson kissing Brigitte Bardot would have affected me, yes. Phooey, thinking about where his lips were the night before! I had a serious crush on BB! And then there was only one John Wayne film I was to eager to see. I think it was called "The Cowboys". Why? Because I detested the man and it was the only film in which his roll figure got killed. So the anwer to your question is YES - their real life does affect me.
I loved MacMillian and wife as a teen. I saw it was on and DVR'd it and couldn't watch it knowing that it was all a facade.

Now, if you think about it, these people are acting to begin with... I shouldn't be surprised that it isn't real, right? LOL
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

User avatar
High Threshold
Posts: 2856
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:20 am

Does an actor's real life bio affect whether you like a show or not?

Post by High Threshold »

flopstock;1473974 wrote: I loved MacMillian and wife as a teen. I saw it was on and DVR'd it and couldn't watch it knowing that it was all a facade.


I see what you mean.

flopstock;1473974 wrote: Now, if you think about it, these people are acting to begin with... I shouldn't be surprised that it isn't real, right? LOL


Yeah, that is the sign of a professional actor, alright.

Return to “General TV Shows”