Murder, She Wrote remake quashed

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, NBC was talking about doing a new series, called, "Murder, She Wrote"

The title was made famous by Actress Angela Lansbury in the 80s and early 90s.

Dame Lansbury played a murder Mystery writer, who manages for find herself involved in numerous 'real life' murders, and using her insight from writing mysteries to solve them.

I confess, I was a fan. The wife and I would often sit down to watch "Murder, She Wrote"

And Lansbury is one of those actresses on my list of people whose work I will always take time to watch.

So, now the network who owns the rights to the title wanted to start up a new series.

This time though, it was all kind of, well, off.

The principle character would be "a Hospital Administrator who dabbled in detective work" (Hmmph! sounds more like Dick Van Dyke's "Diagnosis, Murder" to me)

Not sure how "she wrote" fits in there.

Seems to me the network was setting the thing up for failure.

BBC News - Dame Angela Lansbury "relieved", as Murder, She Wrote remake is scrapped
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1445477 wrote: So, NBC was talking about doing a new series, called, "Murder, She Wrote"

The title was made famous by Actress Angela Lansbury in the 80s and early 90s.

Dame Lansbury played a murder Mystery writer, who manages for find herself involved in numerous 'real life' murders, and using her insight from writing mysteries to solve them.

I confess, I was a fan. The wife and I would often sit down to watch "Murder, She Wrote"

And Lansbury is one of those actresses on my list of people whose work I will always take time to watch.

So, now the network who owns the rights to the title wanted to start up a new series.

This time though, it was all kind of, well, off.

The principle character would be "a Hospital Administrator who dabbled in detective work" (Hmmph! sounds more like Dick Van Dyke's "Diagnosis, Murder" to me)

Not sure how "she wrote" fits in there.

Seems to me the network was setting the thing up for failure.

BBC News - Dame Angela Lansbury "relieved", as Murder, She Wrote remake is scrapped

I liked the show, 'Murder She Wrote' but after a while I tired of it. The Mrs though was a big fan and watched it all the time.

Angela Lansbury has every right to be relieved those plans were cancelled. No doubt every fan of that show would be glad.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Yeah, it is kinda like taking one of the characters Harrison Ford did, Like Jack Ryan, and putting a guy like Ben Afleck in the spot.

(Oh, wait. damn.)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General TV Shows”