The BBC and Wimbledon

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bruv

The BBC and Wimbledon

Post by Bruv »

I have been watching Wimbledon this week (far too much time on my hands I know)

This is not about the matches, but about the way the BBC divides it's coverage between BBC1 and 2.

Why oh why do the shift BBC1 sheduled shows onto BBC2, to enable the coverage of live matches to continue on One?

All day long they share the coverage, then come early evening, when people are arriving home from work and hoping to view the local news etc......rather than leave it where it belongs, they shift it to BBC2 and shift the Tennis to BBC1

Is the any logic to this that I am missing ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

The BBC and Wimbledon

Post by Snowfire »

No I don't get it either. Just leave BBC2 to cover the tennis entirely and leave BBC1 to run its usual schedule. Then my wife would not take out her frustrations on me for Eastenders going missing
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
theia

The BBC and Wimbledon

Post by theia »

Snowfire;1431127 wrote: No I don't get it either. Just leave BBC2 to cover the tennis entirely and leave BBC1 to run its usual schedule. Then my wife would not take out her frustrations on me for Eastenders going missing

I don't understand it either...they are creating havoc with the schedules.

Snow, I think you project far too often on to your wife...first Big Brother and now Eastenders. We all know you love both :sneaky:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

The BBC and Wimbledon

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I think Its all to do with ratings. If there are TV progs on BB2 that draw high ratings, then coverage will be on BBC1 while they are on. Then as the shows are due on BBC1 that have high ratings such as the soaps, then they switch back BBC2 and so on.

I couldn't care less myself.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “General TV Shows”