America The Home of Television

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Here's an unofficial & fun little map someone put together showing the locale of some American television programs.

The shows all look like they're from the last 20 years or so and I can think of many older ones that aren't represented here. Plus we're missing two states ... Alaska and Hawaii. Off the top of my head, I can think of two programs to associate with them ... "Northern Lights" took place in Alaska and of course "Hawaii Five-O" was in Hawaii. The map must have been created by someone in their 20s. New York is well represented ... they even get their own block!

It would be fun to see a comprehensive map with all of television history ... including Mt. Airy, NC ... the real Mayberry!

http://i0.wp.com/24.media.tumblr.com/ce ... 1_1280.png
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

tabby;1430962 wrote: Here's an unofficial & fun little map someone put together showing the locale of some American television programs.

The shows all look like they're from the last 20 years or so and I can think of many older ones that aren't represented here. Plus we're missing two states ... Alaska and Hawaii. Off the top of my head, I can think of two programs to associate with them ... "Northern Lights" took place in Alaska and of course "Hawaii Five-O" was in Hawaii. The map must have been created by someone in their 20s. New York is well represented ... they even get their own block!

It would be fun to see a comprehensive map with all of television history ... including Mt. Airy, NC ... the real Mayberry!

http://i0.wp.com/24.media.tumblr.com/ce ... 1_1280.png

This is so interesting Tabs!

My favourite from way back when was "Hill Street Blues" ...

"You take care out there today." was the catchphrase I think. It was set in New York?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

I've spent a many hour, day hiking around the rocks north of Chatsworh, California. Many a movie show have been filmed there. Can't believe I never figured this one out.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tabby

Post by tabby »

jones jones;1430978 wrote: This is so interesting Tabs!

My favourite from way back when was "Hill Street Blues" ...

"You take care out there today." was the catchphrase I think. It was set in New York?

I checked on that, JJ and Wikipedia says the program took place "in an unnamed American city". I never saw the show but I know it was popular at the time!
tabby

Post by tabby »

tude dog;1430992 wrote: I've spent a many hour, day hiking around the rocks north of Chatsworh, California. Many a movie show have been filmed there. Can't believe I never figured this one out.

Neat video! I'm glad he could find the rock! It's funny he mentioned the rattlesnakes because I was wondering that when I saw the terrain in the area. They probably filmed a lot of westerns there.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Northern Exposure was my all-time favorite TV series.

It was in Alaska.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tabby

Post by tabby »

LarsMac;1431004 wrote: Northern Exposure was my all-time favorite TV series.

It was in Alaska.

I meant to say "Northern Exposure" not Northern Lights! I agree, that was a great program and I was disappointed when they cancelled it.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Tabby said:

I meant to say "Northern Exposure" not Northern Lights! I agree, that was a great program and I was disappointed when they cancelled it.

They started getting a little off the mark on the last season.

Like the writers kinda forgot where they wanted to go with it, and just started throwing stuff on the wall to see if it would stick. Then it was gone.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Jumped the Shark.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

My state is known for aliens and meth dealers...well...I guess that's par for the course! lol.

Return to “General TV Shows”