Glastonbury

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bruv

Glastonbury

Post by Bruv »

Have any of you Brits been catching any of Glastonbury on the TV ?

I had to see The Stones last night, sorry to be so contrary, I do like their music,but have never enjoyed 'watching' Jagger, I can listen and enjoy but find him irritating to watch, and he was doubly annoying last night.

I have to admit he is agile and stuff.............for his age, but should they still belt out the same old stuff live that they used to, in the same way they used to ?

Today I saw Public Image Ltd .....John Lydon a really irritating bloke at the best of times, and I enjoyed him.

A performer a few years older than Jagger blew me away today, just sitting and singing just a few of his massive cataloque of songs, Kenny Rogers.............so I am not ageist.

I wonder if I should put Glastonbury on my bucket list ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Glastonbury

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1430804 wrote: Have any of you Brits been catching any of Glastonbury on the TV ?

I had to see The Stones last night, sorry to be so contrary, I do like their music,but have never enjoyed 'watching' Jagger, I can listen and enjoy but find him irritating to watch, and he was doubly annoying last night.

I have to admit he is agile and stuff.............for his age, but should they still belt out the same old stuff live that they used to, in the same way they used to ?

Today I saw Public Image Ltd .....John Lydon a really irritating bloke at the best of times, and I enjoyed him.

A performer a few years older than Jagger blew me away today, just sitting and singing just a few of his massive cataloque of songs, Kenny Rogers.............so I am not ageist.

I wonder if I should put Glastonbury on my bucket list ? Of course they should. It's about target audience and bearing In mind It was being televised also, It's about what their target audience want to see and hear. It's a format and a format that's made them their millions.. why fix what ain't broken?

Yeah get down
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Glastonbury

Post by Snowfire »

I've watched very little of Glastonbury. Just the odd snippet here and there. I would've watched PiL. I like them and I like Lydon a lot. He's mellowed over the years but basically he's an honest man who says it how it is. He's never boring.

As for the Stones. Its a good question. When should they call it a day ? They still sound good but Jagger does look a bit daft
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Glastonbury

Post by Bruv »

I got the same uneasy feeling when I watch The Who sing My Generation, on their zimmer frames screaming "Hope I die before I get old"

It is..............unseemly.
Bryn Mawr

Glastonbury

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1430804 wrote: Have any of you Brits been catching any of Glastonbury on the TV ?

I watched the Stones last night and they were, quite frankly, rubbish.

If the belted out the same old stuff that they used to in the same way that they used to it would not be so bad but last night was like watching a parody of what they once were.
Bruv

Glastonbury

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1430815 wrote: I watched the Stones last night and they were, quite frankly, rubbish.

Well......I appreciate that, I thought it was me......getting old, you know turning into my own father.

Mark Radcliffe wasn't joking with his comment when they had finished, something along the lines "was that it, why were we waiting?"
Oscar Namechange

Glastonbury

Bryn Mawr;1430815 wrote: I watched the Stones last night and they were, quite frankly, rubbish.

If the belted out the same old stuff that they used to in the same way that they used to it would not be so bad but last night was like watching a parody of what they once were.

:yh_mfight:yh_cry:yh_cry

How very, very very dare you mock the Liptabulous
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Glastonbury

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1430817 wrote: :yh_mfight:yh_cry:yh_cry

How very, very very dare you mock the Liptabulous

That I don't find him the most handsome man in the world is neither here nor there :wah:

His singing voice has gone - he was talking the words, not singing them (when he wasn't ad-libbing to gee up the crowd).
Oscar Namechange

Glastonbury

Bryn Mawr;1430819 wrote: That I don't find him the most handsome man in the world is neither here nor there :wah:

His singing voice has gone - he was talking the words, not singing them (when he wasn't ad-libbing to gee up the crowd).

I have never found him handsome let alone the most handsome man In the world.

TBH I hope they now call It a day.

My brother saw The Stranglers 5 weeks ago live and the drummer Jet Black Is now 75 and JJ Burnel is 65 yet he stated It was the very best performance he'd seen from them over 4 decades. Yet, I do actually believe the Stones should stop now.
spot

Glastonbury

Post by spot »

Kylie seems to have had the set of a lifetime this year, which is very pleasing.

Kylie Minogue's tears of joy as she finally plays Glastonbury

The BBC's reporter was blatantly smitten.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Glastonbury

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1523648 wrote: Kylie seems to have had the set of a lifetime this year, which is very pleasing.

Kylie Minogue's tears of joy as she finally plays Glastonbury

The BBC's reporter was blatantly smitten.

Everyone seems smitten by Kylie. I thought her singing was terrible most of the time, she was singing over her tracks. It was entertaining though and I'm glad she got to do it after all the turmoil of 2005. Shame Chris Martin didn't have a mike.

I enjoyed the people who proved they could sing live, Lewis Capaldi and Miley Cyrus are two I've seen so far.
High Threshold

Glastonbury

Post by High Threshold »

With all of the talent of The Beatles (with an "a") and the magnificence of Gerry Marsden I could never - not even in the day - see how anyone could find anything of worth in The Rolling Stones. And when you've witness the nose-picking (or was it The Who?) ....... well!

Return to “General TV Shows”