Orphan Black

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Orphan Black

Post by flopstock »

Is anyone watching this?

It's on BBC america.

It has one girl playing several clones. It's a suspense/drama/comedy that is supposed to be taking place in new york.

We've decided we like it.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Orphan Black

Post by Snooz »

I've been thinking about buying the first episode to see if I like it enough to watch the whole season (I don't have cable) since I love science fiction. I'll give it a look.
flopstock

Orphan Black

Post by flopstock »

I think that of the 6 episodes i've seen that was not my favorite. But then again, it's the one that sets up the whole premise for the story line so I suppose it was needed.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Orphan Black

Post by Snooz »

So I went on a binge yesterday and watched the first four episodes. The series is really well done, the young woman they found to star in the show is very talented, she manages to make each character distinct. Thanks for the recommendation.
Accountable

Orphan Black

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1426404 wrote: I've been thinking about buying the first episode to see if I like it enough to watch the whole season (I don't have cable) since I love science fiction. I'll give it a look.
Where'd you find it?
Snooz

Orphan Black

Post by Snooz »

Amazon. If you buy the season (6 eps), they're $1.89 each. They'll probably show up on netflix within a year or less.
flopstock

Orphan Black

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1426495 wrote: So I went on a binge yesterday and watched the first four episodes. The series is really well done, the young woman they found to star in the show is very talented, she manages to make each character distinct. Thanks for the recommendation.

I don't know if you are to it yet, but there is an episode where one character is helping another by inpersonating her.. you totally forget that this is the same person who already plays eachs of them. she conveys a person trying to be another person and almost, but not quite making it... kinda funny when I think about it now:wah:

Snooz

Orphan Black

Post by Snooz »

Yeah, I saw that one. She really is amazing, I've seen other actors try to mimic another character that another actor plays and not be as good as her. Her British accent is very convincing too, I was surprised to learn she's actually Canadian.
Wandrin

Orphan Black

Post by Wandrin »

I guess I'll have to see when BBC America plays some of the back episodes and Tivo them.
Snooz

Orphan Black

Post by Snooz »

I am SO glad you posted about this Flops, I'm loving the hell out of this show.

Return to “General TV Shows”