Vikings

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Accountable

Vikings

Post by Accountable »

A new TV show on the History Channel. I just watched episode 1 and am streaming #2 right now. It looks like a really good show with suspense, drama, intrigue, and a bit of gore.

Vikings - Episodes, Video & Schedule - History.com
Snooz

Vikings

Post by Snooz »

Oooh, I'm glad you posted this! I saw this offered on hulu but I forgot to add it to my queue.
YZGI

Vikings

Post by YZGI »

I DVR'ed it probably will watch in the next day or 2.
Scrat

Vikings

Post by Scrat »

Very nice find Ac. Well done. I have seen several archaeological digs open to the public in eastern Europe. It is very interesting to see how those people lived life.
Accountable

Vikings

Post by Accountable »

After the second episode, I think it might be necessary to suspend some of my, um, propensity to find inconsistency. The vikings were arguing whether there was any land at all to the west, yet one of them called the unknown place England. And once they found it, one of the monks they met could speak their language. Still a good show, though.
Accountable

Vikings

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1422070 wrote: Oooh, I'm glad you posted this! I saw this offered on hulu but I forgot to add it to my queue.
Do you do the Hulu Plus or just the free one? I can't figure out a reason to pay.
Lon

Vikings

Post by Lon »

Thanks for posting ACC---------The show was not available on my NETFLIX account but I did find it on my AMAZON PRIME-----I will watch it tonight.--Thanks again
Snooz

Vikings

Post by Snooz »

Accountable;1422111 wrote: Do you do the Hulu Plus or just the free one? I can't figure out a reason to pay.

I had hulu plus but then there was a dry spell of shows/season break and I discontinued it. You need hulu plus if you plan on watching via a roku, a wii or whatever and you also have a longer expiration date. Some past seasons aren't available unless you have plus as well.
along-for-the-ride

Vikings

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Accountable;1422111 wrote: Do you do the Hulu Plus or just the free one? I can't figure out a reason to pay.

I subscribe to Hulu plus. Just more variety and choices. A little treat for myself.

Hubby and I have seen the Viking previews and are looking forward to seeing it.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Accountable

Vikings

Post by Accountable »

along-for-the-ride;1422141 wrote: I subscribe to Hulu plus. Just more variety and choices. A little treat for myself.

Hubby and I have seen the Viking previews and are looking forward to seeing it.

SnoozeAgain;1422137 wrote: I had hulu plus but then there was a dry spell of shows/season break and I discontinued it. You need hulu plus if you plan on watching via a roku, a wii or whatever and you also have a longer expiration date. Some past seasons aren't available unless you have plus as well.
I have a blue ray disc player that streams. I would need to pay for hulu plus to watch it on the 42 inch TV across the room, but I can stream the free hulu on my 22 inch monitor 3 feet away. I think that looks even sharper! :yh_bigsmi

I guess I'll stay free for now.
Accountable

Vikings

Post by Accountable »

Lon;1422124 wrote: Thanks for posting ACC---------The show was not available on my NETFLIX account but I did find it on my AMAZON PRIME-----I will watch it tonight.--Thanks again
Yeh, it's too new for Netflix, but you can stream it on Hulu or on the link in the OP. I've never watched Amazon Prime.
Snooz

Vikings

Post by Snooz »

Amazon Prime ends up costing about what netflix and hulu plus do per month but you get free shipping for "prime" items which saves me a ton of money since I buy a lot of stuff online. Their viewing library is growing and they've got enough different shows and movies from the other two that I think it's worth the money.

I'm surprised to see Vikings on amazon for free, it might just be the first episode to entice you in.
Saint_

Vikings

Post by Saint_ »

Accountable;1422065 wrote: suspense, drama, intrigue, and a bit of gore.

Pfft. Job description of a high school teacher....I get enough of that daily. Hmmm....maybe I should have my own reality show?
Snooz

Vikings

Post by Snooz »

Scientists: Vikings' 'mythical' sunstone found
gmc

Vikings

Post by gmc »

Drove past largs today - that's where the scots caught the viking on shore and led on to the western isles becoming part of Scotland under the nominal control of the scots king.

BBC - Scotland's History - The Battle of Largs

Return to “General TV Shows”