Anyone here happen to have watched this?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Apparently fox news has taken reality TV to a new low. I not only didn't see it, I hadn't heard any discussion of it since then. Than again, we in this house tend to stay away from the news channels most evenings. But this was a couple of weeks ago. I must have just missed it, eh?:thinking:

Fox News Airs Live Suicide But It's Not Entirely Their Fault (VIDEO) | The Stir
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

follow up

Shep Smith Apologizes For Fox News Airing Apparent Suicide Live: 'We Really Messed Up' (VIDEO)

David Shuster: The 'Live TV' Suicide: Forgive Shep Smith, But Boycott Buzzfeed
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

koan

Post by koan »

I've never understood the entertainment value of shows that broadcast the arrests of suspects or criminals. I liked the comparison to The Hunger Games in the first article.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Shep Smith seems to be the only person on FOX News with any integrity. Not just this but he's been up front on other issues as well.

Huge error by whoever controlled the 5 second cut off button but blaming the viewers for this kind of story makes sense. Jersey Shore and the Kardashians are our fault as well, it's supply/demand. I don't watch televised news (and FOX News in particular as a matter of principle) but car chases are apparently a crowd pleaser.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I stopped watching car chases after a certain slow-speed chase involving a white Bronco.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars I'm with you...

Networks say - OJ's white Bronco chase is what started all the reality shows..?

SOOO tired of all the reality shows

different times I guess..?

Patsy
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I think it goes back to dianas wedding. We were all glued to the tube, even back then.

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Not to mention the Iran contra hearings. I used to tape that so that I could watch it when I got home from work...:wah:

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I try to ignore Faux News as much as possible. Heard about the incident on another forum.

I do not even want to go into everything that is wrong with them.:lips:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1407934 wrote: Lars I'm with you...

Networks say - OJ's white Bronco chase is what started all the reality shows..?

SOOO tired of all the reality shows

different times I guess..?

Patsy

Yup. I get enough reality in my life without having to watch it on TV.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the REAL reality shows, like NOVA, and such. David Attenborough and Ken Burns ROCK!

But to sit and watch the cops chase someone?

Meh.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Vaishali

Post by Vaishali »

No dear sorry to say but I didn't watch it I like it a lot but because of my job no time please tell me what is going on.

Return to “General TV Shows”