Breaking Bad

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
koan

Breaking Bad

Post by koan »

I'm waiting to watch the last airing tonight of the new episode.

I did search to see if there was already a thread so blame the search feature if I'm stepping on something previously existing.

Walter White. Low esteem, high school teacher (never played with Gin Blossoms) who is overqualified for his job. He finds out he has cancer and has nothing to leave his family. He does, however, have the ability to cook crystal meth better than the local schmucks. So he does. Over four seasons he goes from someone you sympathise with to someone who you resent. But Bryan Cranston somehow manages to keep you feeling like you want to like him. It's the final season, afaik, and I'm not sure if they're going to give Walter a tidy ending. He's an *******. But he's justified. But he's not. But you want to believe he is.

Have you watched it?
LarsMac

Breaking Bad

Post by LarsMac »

Walter Mitty goes rogue?

Well, I came across an episode while channel-surfing last year. I wondered what the point of this was.

The guy was being a real A$$ and I couldn't get what his game was, or why I should care.

No real interest on my side after that episode. Now that I have an idea of how he got there, I have even less interest.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Breaking Bad

Post by koan »

I started out rooting for Walter but switched to feeling sorry for Jesse, the kid that was working with him. Now, I'm still rooting for Jesse but Walter is the bad guy they need to escape. I thought Walter's wife was a total bitch, I'm finally feeling sorry for her this season. I even like Mike better than Walter and Mike is a dead eyed killer.

It would be difficult to care about the characters if you try to pick it up part way through but, if you follow it from the start, the character journey is pretty intense.
spot

Breaking Bad

Post by spot »

Facebook's cross-collating algorithm just popped Breaking Bad onto my "would you like to like this" tile. I bet it got that from you.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Breaking Bad

Post by LarsMac »

It's on Netflix.

Perhaps when I have finished the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, I'll check it out.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Breaking Bad

Post by koan »

spot;1401540 wrote: Facebook's cross-collating algorithm just popped Breaking Bad onto my "would you like to like this" tile. I bet it got that from you.

I might have mentioned it once but I don't watch it on any service connected to facebook so I'm thinking that they just got paid to ask you.

Return to “General TV Shows”