When I get older...

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

BBC One - When I Get Older

think this is going to be a programme that requires a box of tissues beside me.
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1398317 wrote: BBC One - When I Get Older

think this is going to be a programme that requires a box of tissues beside me.

Gloria Huniford doesn't look any younger than the pensioner she's moving in with!
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1398319 wrote: Gloria Huniford doesn't look any younger than the pensioner she's moving in with!
Umm... because she's 72?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1398323 wrote: Umm... because she's 72?

Oops- whoda thunk it
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

This may be the wrong moment to ask but who is Gloria Hunniford?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1398326 wrote: This may be the wrong moment to ask but who is Gloria Hunniford?

It is - she's been around for years :p
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1398327 wrote: It is - she's been around for years :pI'll go back a few years and ask again then.
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1398330 wrote: I'll go back a few years and ask again then.

TV presenter of news and current affairs programs
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

:wah: dear me you two!

What a lovely programme tonight, made my eyes very wet though. Not sure the next one is going to be as positive.
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1398333 wrote: TV presenter of news and current affairs programs

And mother of Caron Keating.
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1398335 wrote: And mother of Caron Keating.

Who?
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1398337 wrote: Who?

You're all just showing your age now, I guess I remember her from presenting Blue Peter when I was a teen. She sadly passed away from cancer in 2004.

Caron Keating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bryn Mawr

When I get older...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1398339 wrote: You're all just showing your age now, I guess I remember her from presenting Blue Peter when I was a teen. She sadly passed away from cancer in 2004.

Caron Keating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That cannot be so - Blue Peter was Peter Purvis, Val Simgleton and John Noaks, not forgetting Shep the dog.
Accountable

When I get older...

Post by Accountable »

Sadly, we can't watch it outside the UK yet. It looks like an interesting program.

Betty Boop;1398339 wrote: I guess I remember her from presenting Blue Peter when I was a teen.
Is that slang for something? :sneaky:
YZGI

When I get older...

Post by YZGI »

Accountable;1398363 wrote: Sadly, we can't watch it outside the UK yet. It looks like an interesting program.

Is that slang for something? :sneaky:

You're thinking thats slang for schlong, right?
Accountable

When I get older...

Post by Accountable »

Bryn Mawr;1398341 wrote: That cannot be so - Blue Peter was Peter Purvis, Val Simgleton and John Noaks, not forgetting Shep the dog.

For those that get the obscure allusion. :yh_wink
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable;1398385 wrote:

For those that get the obscure allusion. :yh_wink

That's me totally lost :wah:

Second part on tonight, the famous pensioners are each moving into care homes.
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1398392 wrote: That's me totally lost :wah:
A still from a film called Analyse This, though I'm not sure what it means in context.
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

It seems quite obvious that these homes they are visiting are the creme de la creme of care homes. I'd be surprised if they are state run.
theia

When I get older...

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1398398 wrote: It seems quite obvious that these homes they are visiting are the creme de la creme of care homes. I'd be surprised if they are state run.

The first three most definitely seem "better" than average.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1398399 wrote: The first three most definitely seem "better" than average.

Don't they just, thought it was great that Tony Robinson took the old boys down the pub :wah:

Leslie's seems the worst place to be.
Betty Boop

When I get older...

Post by Betty Boop »

My mum is 80 this year and bless her she's suddenly going downhill. It's hard to believe that it was only a while ago she had major heart surgery and bounced back so well. Last year she had a fall whilst out walking and it's that that seems to have knocked her confidence and prompted her to really deteriorate. She's shuffling and her balance is appalling to the point that when out and about we're constantly grabbing hold of her and keeping her steady. Any suggestion of a stick or a frame is met with disdain, she told me the other day to stop fussing, and she's 'old, but not that old' :wah: I did laugh and ask her when would she thought she would be old enough for a stick then :rolleyes:
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

My daughter just recommended one to me not half an hour ago, heartless brute. I was hanging up my washing at the time. I think I hit a scavenging record under my bed, I've eight underwears drying and I'm sure I've not seen that many together in years.
theia

When I get older...

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1398400 wrote: Don't they just, thought it was great that Tony Robinson took the old boys down the pub :wah:

Leslie's seems the worst place to be.

The only home where fees were mentioned...£464 per week (the very minimum), paid for by the council
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

When I get older...

Post by spot »

theia;1398405 wrote: The only home where fees were mentioned...£464 per week (the very minimum), paid for by the council

It's a startling sum when you consider that the Basic State Pension for a single person with full contributions is "a flat rate of £107.45 a week (2012-13)", the two numbers belong to different worlds.

Return to “General TV Shows”