Make Bradford British

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

Thought provoking Channel 4 program about attitudes........
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Betty Boop

Make Bradford British

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1386308 wrote: Thought provoking Channel 4 program about attitudes........

Just about to catch it on plus 1, you reminded me it was on, thought I'd missed it!
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1386309 wrote: Just about to catch it on plus 1, you reminded me it was on, thought I'd missed it!

It was just the 'getting to know them' opening program, looks promising though.
Betty Boop

Make Bradford British

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1386310 wrote: It was just the 'getting to know them' opening program, looks promising though.

Oh, I thought it was a one off. No one was very good at the test hey :wah:
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

Try it your self HERE
Betty Boop

Make Bradford British

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm Cornish, not British :wah:

I bet I fail it too, how did you do?
theia

Make Bradford British

Post by theia »

17/24
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

theia;1386315 wrote: 17/24

Smart arse........8/24 for me.

I should get my deportation papers soon
Betty Boop

Make Bradford British

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1386315 wrote: 17/24

hehe 19/24
Oscar Namechange

Make Bradford British

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Just finished watching David Starkey on Question Time.... Brilliant !!!!

QT tonight touched on Cameron's comment that there Is racial segregation In some of our cities..... Funny that.... Nick Griffin was telling us that years ago.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Make Bradford British

Post by gmc »

I failed, ah well snp for me.

posted by oscar

Just finished watching David Starkey on Question Time.... Brilliant !!!!

Can't stand the man but he did make a good point about not being allowed to criticise religion as belonging in the middle ages. Not just islam either
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1386322 wrote: Just finished watching David Starkey on Question Time.... Brilliant !!!!

If the man wasn't such an opinionated, obdurate, raving attention seeker his words might come across better.

I find him irritating to say the least.
Oscar Namechange

Make Bradford British

gmc;1386335 wrote: I failed, ah well snp for me.

posted by oscar

Can't stand the man but he did make a good point about not being allowed to criticise religion as belonging in the middle ages. Not just islam either

He does make some good points In among all the guff.

As for racial segregation.... I have to say that when Nick Griffin was banging on about It one night a few years ago, I doubted what he said. All I can say now, Is that I have witnessed for myself ' No whites' written on posts In parts of our cities. Sure the police tear them down only for them to be replaced.

Having sat on housing committee, I know the difficulty of Integrating British and ethnic minorities. The problem arises because If a housing estate Is predominantly Muslim say, any new Asians coming Into that area tend to find safety In numbers and do not want to be housed on an estate that Is predominantly white British. Over the years, the estate grows and grows Into Asian, black, whatever. Naturally, any white British family looking to be housed Is not going to want to live In a predominantly Asian or black community. It's not about racism, It's about the natural need to feel safe among your own community.

Nick Griffin was absoultley right when he said some years ago that racial segregation was not a 'white thing' but has also been forced upon us br ethnic minorities.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Make Bradford British

Post by gmc »

oscar;1386371 wrote: He does make some good points In among all the guff.

As for racial segregation.... I have to say that when Nick Griffin was banging on about It one night a few years ago, I doubted what he said. All I can say now, Is that I have witnessed for myself ' No whites' written on posts In parts of our cities. Sure the police tear them down only for them to be replaced.

Having sat on housing committee, I know the difficulty of Integrating British and ethnic minorities. The problem arises because If a housing estate Is predominantly Muslim say, any new Asians coming Into that area tend to find safety In numbers and do not want to be housed on an estate that Is predominantly white British. Over the years, the estate grows and grows Into Asian, black, whatever. Naturally, any white British family looking to be housed Is not going to want to live In a predominantly Asian or black community. It's not about racism, It's about the natural need to feel safe among your own community.

Nick Griffin was absoultley right when he said some years ago that racial segregation was not a 'white thing' but has also been forced upon us br ethnic minorities.

OK don't take this the wrong way but I find the notion only whites can be racist irritating. In a way it's been local authorities doing things like providing translated documents and the like that have prevented integration. If you don't learn the language and mix you can't integrate skin colour is almost irrelevant when you share the same cultural background or at least enough top get along. We find the segregation caused by seperate catholic and protestant in northern ireland shocking yet think it OK between Muslim and everybody else. The most damage blair did was to allow more faith based schools.
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

Further to gmc's translation of documents.

I think the British are possibly suffering from white guilt or something.

I find it amazing that to make the point clear that 'we are not discriminating' they employ translators to replicate official documents in order to tell someone of their rights and then to the expense of printing them in gawd only knows how many languages.

Surely if someone has enough gumption and wherewithal to leave their own land they should be able to at least try to master enough of the host countries language to survive
Oscar Namechange

Make Bradford British

Bruv;1386443 wrote: Further to gmc's translation of documents.

I think the British are possibly suffering from white guilt or something.

I find it amazing that to make the point clear that 'we are not discriminating' they employ translators to replicate official documents in order to tell someone of their rights and then to the expense of printing them in gawd only knows how many languages.

Surely if someone has enough gumption and wherewithal to leave their own land they should be able to at least try to master enough of the host countries language to survive
You have raised a very good point there.

Again, from my time In housing, much of the problem of racial segregation leading to ethnic sink estates was that some arriving here make no effort at all to earn our language and try to Integrate. When they apply for housing, they apply for the area's where their own like live. We are also guilty of that. Ex Pats going to live In Spain also want to live In among other ex Pats. It's human nature that any nationality likes to live among their own kind. Unfortunately, this has been allowed to happen In housing where tenants got a choice of houses.

You will find cities where there Is racial segregation are In the main centered around council housing estates or housing association homes.
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

I don't think it is all down to translated documents and social housing forming ghettos.

Jews are based in certain areas of London in private housing.

There are China Towns all around the world.

The way forward might be to use school bussing out, like in America civil rights days.

Schools that are predominantly single ethnic and English a second language should be diluted by mixing with other schools.

Sounds like social engineering and a step too far, but something needs to be done NOW, this might be a thing to think about
Oscar Namechange

Make Bradford British

Bruv;1386462 wrote: I don't think it is all down to translated documents and social housing forming ghettos.

Jews are based in certain areas of London in private housing.

There are China Towns all around the world.

The way forward might be to use school bussing out, like in America civil rights days.

Schools that are predominantly single ethnic and English a second language should be diluted by mixing with other schools.

Sounds like social engineering and a step too far, but something needs to be done NOW, this might be a thing to think about I think the damage Is Irreversable to be honest. Any attempts now to reverse the situation would be deemed racist or far right which people fear.

Even If we began to Impose strict regulations on Immigration now, It is too late... the one's already here that will not learn the language or try to Integrate are having children Into that secular existence and so the cycle continue's.

I agree with you on the diluting of schools.
Bruv

Make Bradford British

Post by Bruv »

It is the children that we need to catch, forget about the parents for now.

Return to “General TV Shows”