One born every minute

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

I am a great big softee.

I have just had a tear brought to my eye watching the Channel 4 series One born every minute.

I was OK with the twins, second one born breech, I coped well through the Mid wife's difficult birth (Yes a mid wife giving birth)

Right up to the point the father phoned his parents to tell them they were Grand parents, and he choked on the emotion.......I did too.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

One born every minute

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1384782 wrote: I am a great big softee.

I have just had a tear brought to my eye watching the Channel 4 series One born every minute.

I was OK with the twins, second one born breech, I coped well through the Mid wife's difficult birth (Yes a mid wife giving birth)

Right up to the point the father phoned his parents to tell them they were Grand parents, and he choked on the emotion.......I did too.

Too true - I still rate films by the number of hankies.
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1384784 wrote: Too true - I still rate films by the number of hankies.

What sort of films are you watching ?
Betty Boop

One born every minute

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1384782 wrote: I am a great big softee.

Just doesn't appeal to me at the moment, probably because I went through it all too recently, the last place I want to be is back on the maternity ward! :wah:

'Call the Midwife' on on a Sunday evening is rather tear provoking too, I can cope with that one.
Bryn Mawr

One born every minute

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1384788 wrote: What sort of films are you watching ?

Well one recent one I remember was :-

All Mine to Give (1957) - Plot Summary
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1384790 wrote: Just doesn't appeal to me at the moment, probably because I went through it all too recently, the last place I want to be is back on the maternity ward! :wah:

'Call the Midwife' on on a Sunday evening is rather tear provoking too, I can cope with that one.
Are you a recent mother or a midwife ?

Sunday evenings is candy coated nostalgia (That makes me tearful too ) But One born every minute is real grunting and waters breaking and .....well you know the rest
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1384792 wrote: Well one recent one I remember was :-

All Mine to Give (1957) - Plot Summary

Thank you for ignoring my drift and keeping the tone up.
Betty Boop

One born every minute

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1384798 wrote: Are you a recent mother or a midwife ?

Sunday evenings is candy coated nostalgia (That makes me tearful too ) But One born every minute is real grunting and waters breaking and .....well you know the rest

got a nine month old, spent days in labour, knew something wasn't right (third child), asked for caesarian was told no. Less than twelve hours later I'm in theatre for an emergency caesarian, baby was stuck! I've still not physically recovered. I would have preferred the natural way for sure :)
Bryn Mawr

One born every minute

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1384800 wrote: Thank you for ignoring my drift and keeping the tone up.

I'm good at that, keeping the tone up.

And before you say anything, that was the tone, not Tone.
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

Betty Boop;1384805 wrote: got a nine month old, spent days in labour, knew something wasn't right (third child), asked for caesarian was told no. Less than twelve hours later I'm in theatre for an emergency caesarian, baby was stuck! I've still not physically recovered. I would have preferred the natural way for sure :)

Oh no, sorry to hear that.

Far too much technology involved these days, bleeping monitors and graphs, and that was 20 odd yeas ago.

Hope you are getting there now.
Bruv

One born every minute

Post by Bruv »

Bryn Mawr;1384809 wrote: I'm good at that, keeping the tone up.

And before you say anything, that was the tone, not Tone.

OK that's enough
Bryn Mawr

One born every minute

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1384813 wrote: OK that's enough

You started it :p
Betty Boop

One born every minute

Post by Betty Boop »

Bruv;1384810 wrote: Oh no, sorry to hear that.

Far too much technology involved these days, bleeping monitors and graphs, and that was 20 odd yeas ago.

Hope you are getting there now.

Without all the technology 15 years ago I wouldn't have had my eldest boy towering over me now, mind you I wouldn't be here either. But this time round it was a case of them totally ignoring my gut feeling that something was stopping labour progressing as it should, but according to them I was avoiding the pain lol. I can laugh now, but at the time I wanted to smack the midwife. I'd done an emergency caesarian and a natural delivery but my 'gut feelings' counted for nothing.
theia

One born every minute

Post by theia »

Sadly midwifes do get assaulted at times
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Betty Boop

One born every minute

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1384833 wrote: Sadly midwifes do get assaulted at times

I bet they do, I'm backtracking, it wasn't the midwife who said it, it was the doctor. The midwife then went into over drive on trying to 'make' labour kick in properly, broke my waters, then decided I was de-hydrated. Have you ever had two bags of glucose (i think) poured into a vein in a very short space of time :wah: boy that was weird, I shivered for an hour, uncontrollably, couldn't speak at all.

Return to “General TV Shows”