The Killing

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
theia

The Killing

Post by theia »

Just finished watching the last episode of the first series...it was really good. Someone told me that the original Danish version is even better; I've recorded it but not sure about how I'll get on with subtitles.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
gmc

The Killing

Post by gmc »

theia;1371070 wrote: Just finished watching the last episode of the first series...it was really good. Someone told me that the original Danish version is even better; I've recorded it but not sure about how I'll get on with subtitles.

I didn't realise there was an english version of the original danish one. I watched the danish one it is really good, looking forward to the rest of it. Maybe because of the subtitles and you have to really pay attention but it's really engrossing. The subtitles are in English by the way so you should have no problem:sneaky:

Same with let the right one in, the original swedish one is better IMO
theia

The Killing

Post by theia »

gmc;1371087 wrote: I didn't realise there was an english version of the original danish one. I watched the danish one it is really good, looking forward to the rest of it. Maybe because of the subtitles and you have to really pay attention but it's really engrossing. The subtitles are in English by the way so you should have no problem:sneaky:

Same with let the right one in, the original swedish one is better IMO

Well, the American version I've been watching hasn't concluded...will have to wait until next year for the next series. But I've been recording the Danish version on BBC4 and I'm hoping that this is the whole story..I've got 19 or 20 episodes recorded.

I haven't heard of the swedish series. If it's half as good as the Killing, then I'll certainly look out for it.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
gmc

The Killing

Post by gmc »

theia;1371089 wrote: Well, the American version I've been watching hasn't concluded...will have to wait until next year for the next series. But I've been recording the Danish version on BBC4 and I'm hoping that this is the whole story..I've got 19 or 20 episodes recorded.

I haven't heard of the swedish series. If it's half as good as the Killing, then I'll certainly look out for it.

It's a film

Let Me In (2010) - IMDb

The swedish version was called let the right one in (in swedish of course) The remake is almost word for word why is it people can't just read the subtitles? the originals are often better than the remake.

The danish version part two is on later on in the year.
Snooz

The Killing

Post by Snooz »

Spoiler:

I just started watching this. I'm getting a pervie vibe from that new detective... he not only eyed the 17 year old best friend up and down during an interview, he enticed those girls to smoke weed with him AND left the rest of the joint with them. If that doesn't come back to haunt him later, I'll be very surprised.

I had heard that this show was very slow but so far it's kept my interest.
gmc

The Killing

Post by gmc »

SnoozeAgain;1388878 wrote: Spoiler:

I just started watching this. I'm getting a pervie vibe from that new detective... he not only eyed the 17 year old best friend up and down during an interview, he enticed those girls to smoke weed with him AND left the rest of the joint with them. If that doesn't come back to haunt him later, I'll be very surprised.

I had heard that this show was very slow but so far it's kept my interest.

I find foreign programmes get quite engrossing, the subtitles mean you have to really concentrate to keep up with what's happening.

Return to “General TV Shows”