True Blood

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
koan

True Blood

Post by koan »

I saw the pilot for this a year ago and it's so bad I didn't finish watching. Then I heard it was "awesome" from so many people I gave it a chance... and you know... it's stupid but fun. The best part of the whole show, considering it's based on novels so they didn't even have to create the characters or the fan base, is the opening credits. Watch and enjoy:

Lon

True Blood

Post by Lon »

I haven's seen a film with Anna Paquin since "The Piano". True Blood looks interesting and I will give it a go.

I saw "Contagion" yesterday and was disappointed.
LarsMac

True Blood

Post by LarsMac »

I used to live in that part of the country.

Knew people just like them folks. Don't recall any of them ever letting their fangs show, but didn't spend much time around 'em, either.

My uncle Patrice used to say they was folks around that'd bleed you dry. Don't think that was what he had in mind though.

Me, I kept a lot of garlic around, though.

When it start to turn, I just t'ro it in the gumbo pot.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

True Blood

Post by LarsMac »

As for that show, I can't get a feeling for any of the characters, and don't much care for it.

Rather watch Treme.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

True Blood

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I watched a few of the other trailers and promos..................................ummmmmmm. Okay .

what ever floats your boat I guess.
koan

True Blood

Post by koan »

It's HBO so lots of adult content. You have to get through the pilot and like stories about Vampires. It took me until 3 episodes before I cared what happened to any of them. I still despise Sookie and think Bill Compton was miscast. My favourite character is LaFayette.
Delorean

True Blood

Post by Delorean »

I didn't really think much of the whole first season but I persevered. I watched the third a little while ago and I think it is improving with age.

I agree with Koan, I don't like Sookie a lot either, and I'm not real keen on the actor that plays Bill. And I too love LaFayette. If it wasn't for him it'd hardly be worth watching. He was meant to be killed off in the first season but he was so popular they had to write him back in, thankfully.

I love the supernatural genre, I got tired of drama and reality shows, I want to be entertained, not watch other peoples problems. I've enough of my own :wah: Because it's not real it's a lot less predictable and the story can take you anywhere.

Anyway, after 3 seasons of True Blood I'm actually looking forward to the next one. It's a shame they only run 12 episodes a season.
koan

True Blood

Post by koan »

Season 4 finale has an awesome rant by Pam a la "**** sookie!!!" I had to watch it a few times over and wished it was longer. lol
Sheryl

True Blood

Post by Sheryl »

My friends have gotten me hooked on this show. I'm halfway through season 3, and have season 4 dvr'd. But I agree that Sookie is annoying. And the books are better than the show.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
koan

True Blood

Post by koan »

You're in for a treat with Pam's season 4 finale rant then!! She, Lafayette and Eric are my current living favourites though the short lived Godric was the best overall personality.

Return to “General TV Shows”