tv heaven grange hill

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
the grumps

tv heaven grange hill

Post by the grumps »

hello im back again with another post

now which series of grange hill youi watched depends on how old you are.

this one from 1978 made me 13 and a second year at don valley comprehensive school about the same age or a year older than the actors in grange hill.

those carefree days of 1978 when all that mattered was going out with your mates after school.

what else was around then oh now your asking me.... 33 years in the past well i remember blue peter ,magpie,the wombles, porridge, the generation game,world of sport wrestling on a saturday afternoon its a knockout which i covered nationwide calandar and bill maynard in oh no its selwyn froggatt.

as a smoker 10 number 6 tipped where 28p and with doncasters

subsidised transport it cost a mere 2p for a child on the bus.

this was before those technical days of sky tv ,freeview and virgin tv when we only had the 3 channels untill the day came when channel 4 was introduced and channel 5.

children where safe to play outside it was even safe then to send your child to the shop for a loaf of bread which sadly due to pedo,s and murderers is a memory of days gone by.

YouTube - Grange Hill - THE PISTOLS - (part 1 of 2) - Season 1 - Episode 8 - (1978)

more soon

the grumps
gmc

tv heaven grange hill

Post by gmc »

Then thatcher came along and that was the end of subsidised public transport, three million on the dole and whole communities ripped apart all in the name of monetarism greed became cool and yuppies ruled the world and the only industry left was cleaning the porsches of the red braced architects of a new britain. We lost something in those years and it seems the present lot are determined to grind what's left in to the dust. None of the people losing their kobs and seeing public services cut and now back door privatisation of the NHS caused the financial crisis but so long as the city can ut petrol in theor porsches all is right with the world because tbe taxpayer will bail them out.

All that mattered in 1978 was trying to get a job and how long you were on the dole because the longer you were unemployeed the g0harder it was while pillocks in the city thought the unemployed were the scum of the earth because if they really tried they could get a job couldn't they!!! There aren't any more paedophiles and murderes now than there were then we just don't pretend it doesn't happen or that the kids making the acuusations were liars. Don't believe me? ask a priest.

Take your brave new world and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Return to “General TV Shows”