Aljazeera

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bez

Aljazeera

Post by Bez »

We can only watch English Aljazeera news Channel from 6pm until 11pm in the Uk although it is a 24hrs rolling News Channel.

I have found the discussions very interesting as it covers an area of the world that is not normally covered here in the UK - unless there is unrest or other political issues.

So far I have found the interviews regarding the events in Egypt unbiased and very interesting.

Does anyone else watch this channel......I get the feeling that it is not available in the US.

I also watch CNN and Russia Today which are also very interesting.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Snowfire

Aljazeera

Post by Snowfire »

I've watched Aljazeera TV a few times. My understanding is that it has a good reputation for being fair and balanced in its reporting
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Scrat

Aljazeera

Post by Scrat »

I watch AJ and RT and most others. I get my news from many sources and really trust none of them. AJ is very good and RT is largely like any US outlet (CBS, NBC) a mouth piece but good for leads. RT is largely on my list because of interests in Russia.

FOX has got to be the worst. I can't even watch it.
spot

Aljazeera

Post by spot »

My browser has Al Jazeera next to the BBC on the bookmark toolbar. I can think of several people I know locally who think it provides better news coverage, which is saying a good deal.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Aljazeera

Post by gmc »

I was watching RT for some time before realising it was russia today. Aljareera as well sometimes. I find the american ones really irritating because of the constant adverts. I tend to listen to them in the background on the internet while working.

Return to “General TV Shows”