$#*! My Dad Says

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by flopstock »

Has anyone seen this show?

I read the book while I was out visiting the son and couldn't stop laughing. Then I got on the plan to come home and the show is being played on the flight. I had no idea it even existed.

I didn't watch it 'cause it had william shatner in it, but now that i've googled it and seen some promising reviews, I just might give it a go.

Has anyone watched it? If so, please review it for me.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by CARLA »

I have caught a few episodes sometimes it is good, others not so much.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Peg

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by Peg »

I agree with Carla. I also avoided it because of William Shatner. For some reason, he annoys me.
flopstock

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by flopstock »

Peg;1351048 wrote: I agree with Carla. I also avoided it because of William Shatner. For some reason, he annoys me.

I know - seriously, William Shatner? What were they thinking of?

I think I'll record the next one and watch it when little one is in bed. But after enjoying the book so much, I'm really gonna hate it if it sucks.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by LarsMac »

Shatner is very fitting to the role, actually. He kind of takes on the Denny Craig character from "Boston Legal" without the angst, or the education, and mixes it with a touch of Archie Bunker.

There is so much stereotypical behavior, though, I get a tad annoyed.

One episode with Cybill Shephard was hilarious.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

very funny show until shatner pulls out a firearm on his son for being on the phone too long .....appparently that's funny ............not down here it's not. We don't advocate that crap. Apart from that extremely funny show. Like when he says as his boy hugs him ..."if you're here to kill me then you want to do it a bit tighter" .....I see the humour and it it used like that often in our household.
flopstock

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by flopstock »

Watched it last night and was not that impressed.

Perhaps the problem is that the book was so funny and it's hard to be that funny all the time.

I'll give it another go next week before I make up my mind.

Snooz

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by Snooz »

I used to read it online before he got famous, very funny stuff. Another good site that has me laughing hysterically is Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories
CARLA

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by CARLA »

Hey Snooze !! I have a IPHONE best phone I have ever owned I will admit the "Auto Correct" can be funny but it can be turned off some off. Some of these are bogus but funny. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snooz

$#*! My Dad Says

Post by Snooz »

Yeah, I thought it was a little suspicious that all the auto corrections were naughty words. Still made me laugh like a hyena though.

Return to “General TV Shows”