Criminal Minds compared to CSI

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
koan

Post by koan »

I was addicted to CSI for a while last year then happened across Criminal Minds and just couldn't appreciate CSI anymore in comparison. I just got CM Seasons 1-5 so I could watch them all in order and follow the character progressions of the profilers better. The reruns were aired so out of order that it's kind of like seeing a pre-shuffled deck of cards for the first time and realising that they go in a sequence but never having actually seen what that sequence looked like until finally seeing a brand new deck.

lol.

or it's not like that at all.

Anyway, I think the writing on this show is incredible.

CSI has some good stuff but not so much in the character development department.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Criminal Minds scares me. LOL It is a great show I love it but when I watch it I constantly think this could happen, or has happened and I get the chills great writting.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

Post by koan »

It is scary!

I'm not convinced that Garcia could actually do all the computer whiz things they say she can do. I don't care how good she is... I don't think some of the computer stuff is legit, but the rest of it seems pretty accurate. Also, I was so happy when I figured out Garcia's boyfriend was Zander on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I have caught the CSI scripts in too many errors. It became a distraction, and I no longer enjoy the several series based on CSI.

Criminal minds is interesting, but scares me a bit, at times, because I realize there are people like the ones they hunt out there.

I also like NCIS, and "the Mentalists" for crime dramas.

Though often predictable, they generally hold my attention long enough to wait through the commercials.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I also like how CM gives all the cast members a chance to shine, nearly every episode.

A talented bunch.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
koan

Post by koan »

Elle leaving was handled really well and Emily filled her shoes nicely though didn't really try to replace her. Gideon leaving was a bigger blow. I like how they left his shoes empty for a number of episodes before bringing Rossi in.
koan

Post by koan »

Very excited. I'm almost into season 5 and am finding episodes I haven't seen before :yh_dance
Peg

Post by Peg »

I haven't watched CSI much but I am a Criminal Minds addict. I would love to be profiled.

Return to “General TV Shows”