Two Fat Ladies?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

I was watching this old show on the cooking channel this morning and it triggered a memory in the corner of my mind. These two big women are using camping stoves and fishing and cooking the fish by burying it in a pit and covering it with a beach towel.

Was there a thread on is show before? It just cracked me up and afterward I came in and started searching for it.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by CARLA »

I remember this show and there was a thread on it somewhere.

Two Fat Ladies : Cooking Channel
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

I thought there was and for some reason I thought Kathy Ellen was the one talking about them... but maybe she just commented in the thread. I'm gong to go try to hunt it up.

They are VERY entertaining!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

beowulf

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by beowulf »

must have been an old prog.....one of them died years ago

always liked the prog tho.....proper cooking, none of this arty farty type cooking
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

beowulf;1331727 wrote: must have been an old prog.....one of them died years ago

always liked the prog tho.....proper cooking, none of this arty farty type cooking

Oh bummer! I was hoping it was a teaser for bringing the show here on the new channel. Perhaps they are with all the reruns. Was it long running? Guess its google time..

Oscar Namechange

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1331747 wrote: Oh bummer! I was hoping it was a teaser for bringing the show here on the new channel. Perhaps they are with all the reruns. Was it long running? Guess its google time.. Jennifer Paterson died In 1999 so the shows you are seeing are a few years out of date. Yet they remain very popular around the world and we still get the re-runs here.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I adored the 2 Fat Ladies, especially Jennifer because she was such a rebel. It was so sad that she passed.

I have about 16 hours taped of their shows and their book, "Cooking with the 2 Fat ladies."

They both had a wonderful sense of humor and were fabulous story tellers.

I loved looking at all the wonderful sights that they visited in the UK.

Must look now to see if I have the 'Cookingchanneltv' programs on my telly.
flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1331765 wrote: Jennifer Paterson died In 1999 so the shows you are seeing are a few years out of date. Yet they remain very popular around the world and we still get the re-runs here.

Looks better here than on the show, but than who am I to judge... looks better than me on a great day..:p

The one I saw they stuffed a loaf of bread with steak, mushrooms and all the pan drippings, put the loaf lid on, wrapped it up and put a brick on it to squish it all together.. then they went off fishing..

but the commentary is just so entertaining to listen to..

flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

Kathy Ellen;1331772 wrote: Oh, I adored the 2 Fat Ladies, especially Jennifer because she was such a rebel. It was so sad that she passed.

I have about 16 hours taped of their shows and their book, "Cooking with the 2 Fat ladies."

They both had a wonderful sense of humor and were fabulous story tellers.

I loved looking at all the wonderful sights that they visited in the UK.

Must look now to see if I have the 'Cookingchanneltv' programs on my telly.

Swear to god, when I was watching it, I suddenly had the thought that you'd written about these very people a long while back, here in the garden!:guitarist

Kathy Ellen

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1331792 wrote: Swear to god, when I was watching it, I suddenly had the thought that you'd written about these very people a long while back, here in the garden!:guitarist

I'm sure it was me talking about the show Floppy. I watched it from...think '95 to '99. Thought they were a riot and loved looking at the British countryside and the furniture and decorations in their homes. Also loved the aga British stoves in the country homes. My Auntie Maggie in Ireland had an aga and it nearly burned my robe off, it was so hot:wah:

You might also like this other UK chef named Hugh Wittingstall. He fabulous...saw him on the American food channel long ago and finally found him again thanks to UK members here.

Here's a link to his shows..

Catch Up with River Cottage Online | 123WebTV
AussiePam

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by AussiePam »

Great show!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Kathy Ellen

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1331833 wrote: Great show!

Hello Pam :-6
along-for-the-ride

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here's the trailer for the show:

YouTube - Two Fat Ladies - trailer

And title sequence:

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AussiePam

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by AussiePam »

Very nice AFTR. I watched the whole series when it first came out. A fascinating duo!! One, I remember, a reformed alcoholic. I can still see Jennifer's (I think it was her) be-ringed, crimson-nailed hands prodding the food she exotically created.. grin. G'day Kathy - I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend. Ours falls at the beginning of October. I think we get the Monday off. I'm taking it very off. I hope to be not getting too lost somewhere out of Azay-Le-Rideau in the Loire area of France. Yeeee haaaaa.. can't wait.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

flopstock

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by flopstock »

Kathy Ellen;1331824 wrote: I'm sure it was me talking about the show Floppy. I watched it from...think '95 to '99. Thought they were a riot and loved looking at the British countryside and the furniture and decorations in their homes. Also loved the aga British stoves in the country homes. My Auntie Maggie in Ireland had an aga and it nearly burned my robe off, it was so hot:wah:

You might also like this other UK chef named Hugh Wittingstall. He fabulous...saw him on the American food channel long ago and finally found him again thanks to UK members here.

Here's a link to his shows..

Catch Up with River Cottage Online | 123WebTV

There was another british sounding guy in a show shortly after the fat ladies one, but he didn't look like this fella... oh and the galloping gourmet was on... don't think I'd ever watched that one before either.

Kathy Ellen

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1331897 wrote: Very nice AFTR. I watched the whole series when it first came out. A fascinating duo!! One, I remember, a reformed alcoholic. I can still see Jennifer's (I think it was her) be-ringed, crimson-nailed hands prodding the food she exotically created.. grin. G'day Kathy - I hope you had a good Labor Day weekend. Ours falls at the beginning of October. I think we get the Monday off. I'm taking it very off. I hope to be not getting too lost somewhere out of Azay-Le-Rideau in the Loire area of France. Yeeee haaaaa.. can't wait.

Hello Pam:-6

Oh, I loved Jennifer. She was such a kick!!!! As she and Clarissa sat outside after cooking a fabulous meal for the residents, Jennifer would say in her very lovely British accent...while smoking her fags and sipping her wine...."Well, I just don't cairrrrrrr.....We made a lovely meal, and it's a lovely night. So, we'll just sit and relax with our thoughts."

Oh Pam, I am so jealous of your new walkabout soon to France, Italy and points beyond. Have a fabulous time in all of the wonderful countries that you'll be visiting. I have all of the beautiful postcards that you've sent me, especially the ones from the French countryside.

"Bond voyageeeeee Pam"...stay safe and sound:guitarist
Kathy Ellen

Two Fat Ladies?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1331948 wrote: There was another british sounding guy in a show shortly after the fat ladies one, but he didn't look like this fella... oh and the galloping gourmet was on... don't think I'd ever watched that one before either.

Oh Floppy, I really loved this chef Hugh. He's kinda like a Mr. Rogers.... so soft-spoken, intelligent and a master at what he does. Ask any British member here...He's highly respected.

I first saw him, on a Food Network show, speaking with a woman in her wee kitchen in a small village in the UK. They picked flowers, and then she made a salad of these lovely flowers. They ate their meal blistfully on a nearby hillside with the breeze flowing softly....

I didn't know his name, and it took me YEARS to track him down. Thanks to our British members here, I've found him:-4

Here's the thread where I've inquired about him from last year...

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/kitch ... ukers.html

Return to “General TV Shows”