X Factor

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

well i reckon the groups and the girls seem strongest at the moment. The two groups that were put together last minute were very good, especially seeing as they have only had a week to work together as a group:) the girls group is going to be the hardest for Cheryl to choose from, but im so disappointed Cher blew it as i really liked her:(.. Back on tonight and we wil find out who the finalists are:guitarist:guitarist

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Snowfire

X Factor

Post by Snowfire »

I think Cher would be a huge loss. She certainly had something. I was impressed by her. Shes a little unconventional.

Someone has to sort her eyebrows out though
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1336361 wrote: well i reckon the groups and the girls seem strongest at the moment. The two groups that were put together last minute were very good, especially seeing as they have only had a week to work together as a group:) the girls group is going to be the hardest for Cheryl to choose from, but im so disappointed Cher blew it as i really liked her:(.. Back on tonight and we wil find out who the finalists are:guitarist:guitaristYes I liked her but IMO wasn't star material and tbh theres some good singers there....at the end of the day though I don't feel a woman will win this year....I already have me Fav;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Snowfire;1336370 wrote: I think Cher would be a huge loss. She certainly had something. I was impressed by her. Shes a little unconventional.

Someone has to sort her eyebrows out though
:wah:agreed on the eyebrows... yes i really liked her,,mind she is only 16 and apparently was in a right state so it makes you wonder if maybe another year or tow would be better for her to come back:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1336372 wrote: Yes I liked her but IMO wasn't star material and tbh theres some good singers there....at the end of the day though I don't feel a woman will win this year....I already have me Fav;)

Oh i know who your fave is:wah:... i dunno i think there are some really strong contenders in the women,,, but could be a huge shock and be a group|!:guitarist

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1336374 wrote: Oh i know who your fave is:wah:... i dunno i think there are some really strong contenders in the women,,, but could be a huge shock and be a group|!:guitaristYes theres a couple of ace female singers but still dont think they will win....the Groups that were put together by Simon were pretty good and yes a Group could win this year....if my Fav dont that is....which they will:wah::D
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

I felt so sorry for that 16 year old. I quite liked her, and so did Cheryl and she was so disappointed that the girl couldn't sing, because of her sore throat. It sounded as if she had actually lost her voice, when she was leaving the audition! But I expect we will see her try again next year, or the year after - I think, when she has got her head round the disappointment of failure, she will be more determined to try again. I hope she doesn't loose her individuality in the mean time. She was different and she had a lot of potential ! :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1336297 wrote: :confused::confused:Am I missing something here....she aint on XFactor Gill.:-2

Yep, you are missing something, you nana !! I know she's not on X Factor :yh_rotfl

('tis a joke Mrs. :-5 ) :yh_wink
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1336380 wrote: Yep, you are missing something, you nana !! I know she's not on X Factor :yh_rotfl

('tis a joke Mrs. :-5 ) :yh_winkJoke:-2 er whats that:-3................................seeee your not the only one who can joke :wah::D
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Well inbetween trying to sort something out and driving meself round the twist doing so :-5 I was trying to watch XFactor but basically only stopped for who was going through.....surprised about the little one that was turned down by Cheryl.Anyway heres my prediction.....the final 2 will be the lad from Halstead....the painter...I just Love his voice and the girl who will be a star if she wins or not as she has such a unique voice...hell whats her name....the one who looks down singing and is very unsecure....theres some strong competion mind but feel at this moment the Girl will actually win:)
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1336507 wrote: Well inbetween trying to sort something out and driving meself round the twist doing so :-5 I was trying to watch XFactor but basically only stopped for who was going through.....surprised about the little one that was turned down by Cheryl.Anyway heres my prediction.....the final 2 will be the lad from Halstead....the painter...I just Love his voice and the girl who will be a star if she wins or not as she has such a unique voice...hell whats her name....the one who looks down singing and is very unsecure....theres some strong competion mind but feel at this moment the Girl will actually win:)

yes i was shocked Gamu didnt go through:-3and eyt she picked that blonde one Katie,, i dont think much of her yet at all:thinking:I was pleased she gave Cher a chance so i hope she dont let her down. The other girl you like is called Rebecca,, from Liverpool:guitarist she is good, and i agree about the painter lad, Matt. The young boy band group could have a good chance ye know ,, all good looking lads so all the young girlie's will be voting for them;)

the ad for the live shows starting next week said theres a big twist! :-2

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

I had to go out yesterday evening and did not set the recorder ! So I shall have to try to catch it on ITVplayer. grrrrrrrrrr
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1336565 wrote: yes i was shocked Gamu didnt go through:-3and eyt she picked that blonde one Katie,, i dont think much of her yet at all:thinking:I was pleased she gave Cher a chance so i hope she dont let her down. The other girl you like is called Rebecca,, from Liverpool:guitarist she is good, and i agree about the painter lad, Matt. The young boy band group could have a good chance ye know ,, all good looking lads so all the young girlie's will be voting for them;)

the ad for the live shows starting next week said theres a big twist! :-2I gave my 2 I believe could be there at the end.....whats yours....gotta go out soon as its a special persons birthday and im taking them for a huge Chinese Meal....Indian and Mr.Wippy was a close second I tell ye:wah:;).Anyway lets see who you think.:):driving:
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1336577 wrote: I gave my 2 I believe could be there at the end.....whats yours....gotta go out soon as its a special persons birthday and im taking them for a huge Chinese Meal....Indian and Mr.Wippy was a close second I tell ye:wah:;).Anyway lets see who you think.:):driving:

Hmm not sure really,, i think its a bit soon, I like Matt who you like and the young boy group, and Rebecca... (and Gamu:sneaky:)

also i like Cher,, and the other groups :wah:be easier to say who i dont like:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1336580 wrote: Hmm not sure really,, i think its a bit soon, I like Matt who you like and the young boy group, and Rebecca... (and Gamu:sneaky:)

also i like Cher,, and the other groups :wah:be easier to say who i dont like:wah:I knew the minute I heard Matt that he had a very unique voice and would go far as I told you then ....as I did with Rebecca.The Bookies have now made Matt the favourite at 3-1.I may have a bet actually that those 2 will be there at the end singing against each other.;)
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Looks like that little un will be back Saturday Kaz....seems the countrys going mad that she was rejected.:-2
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1336830 wrote: Looks like that little un will be back Saturday Kaz....seems the countrys going mad that she was rejected.:-2

yeaa,, was saying on telly earlier though there are rumours her visa is about to run out or something,,, could be total bollocks of course, but we will see:thinking: also if she does come back that could change things,, far as bookies are concerned:wah:so get ye bet on now:sneaky:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1336848 wrote: yeaa,, was saying on telly earlier though there are rumours her visa is about to run out or something,,, could be total bollocks of course, but we will see:thinking: also if she does come back that could change things,, far as bookies are concerned:wah:so get ye bet on now:sneaky:Well....they went to where she lives and nobody was about and they reckon she could be in London with the rest of the team....na I aint betting on her :wah:.:p
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Omg now its said shes going to be deported:-2
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

Apparently she was in the UK on the strength of her mother's visa, but now the visa has expired and they have to leave the country and return to their own. Don't know whether ITV can wangle something, as there is so much uproar about her being voted off by Cheryl Cole. There is, I think, a couple of 'wild card' opportunities for those who were dismissed from the 'house' auditions, so maybe Gamu could be one of those, it depends on how ITV can sort out about the visa situation, with the Home Office.:-3

It's a shame if they can't sort it, because I thought Gamu had something, and with that cute face of hers I think she could have done very well. :-6:)
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

I think its all speculation at the moment:-2and of course,,, great publicity for the show!:guitarist:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

kazalala;1337016 wrote: I think its all speculation at the moment:-2and of course,,, great publicity for the show!:guitarist:wah:

Oh terrific publicity ! Probably engineered (even though Simon Cowell said that there will be no favours extended to 'hard luck stories' as there seemed to have been in previous years :yh_eyerol ) :wah:
mikeinie

X Factor

Post by mikeinie »

Ok, I could see Cheryl taking a chance on the girl with the sore throat… but that other idiot who couldn’t remember her words in the audition either??? Come on..

She had the best contenders and now she is stuck with two high risks.

I hope the blond bimbo gets kicked out the first live night.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1337019 wrote: Oh terrific publicity ! Probably engineered (even though Simon Cowell said that there will be no favours extended to 'hard luck stories' as there seemed to have been in previous years :yh_eyerol ) :wah:Oh you two fgs:-5....I dont believe the Home Office would play along with Simons publicity for the show fgs:wah: and tbh lets be honest that show is famous enough without all these dramas.;)
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

mikeinie;1337045 wrote: Ok, I could see Cheryl taking a chance on the girl with the sore throat… but that other idiot who couldn’t remember her words in the audition either??? Come on..

She had the best contenders and now she is stuck with two high risks.

I hope the blond bimbo gets kicked out the first live night.

yea out of all the girls she was the onbly one i didnt really like,, i dunno ,, something about her thats insincere as well:-3

Carolly;1337069 wrote: Oh you two fgs:-5....I dont believe the Home Office would play along with Simons publicity for the show fgs:wah: and tbh lets be honest that show is famous enough without all these dramas.;)
thats true,,, but even so its still good publicity for the show:guitarist:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

I'm sure it didn't help the blonde girl to have those sunshades over each eye :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl must have been very off-putting ! They kept making her blink all the damn time. Not impressed :yh_eyerol
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

ok Strictly starts in about half an hour:guitaristthen x factor starts as soon as strictly is finished:Dwoo hoo they got it right at last!:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Two and a half hours of pure magic:guitarist...what a fab night.Babs Windsors on after being interviewed and that I have to see.I knew Ronnie Knight years ago....but thats another story:o

Roll on Matt baby.....thats who the winner will be:D:guitarist;)
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337786 wrote: Two and a half hours of pure magic:guitarist...what a fab night.Babs Windsors on after being interviewed and that I have to see.I knew Ronnie Knight years ago....but thats another story:o

Roll on Matt baby.....thats who the winner will be:D:guitarist;)

looking forward to it :):D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

well they have all picked their wild cards... cant believe who Louis picked,, hes not all there that man:-3:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1337842 wrote: well they have all picked their wild cards... cant believe who Louis picked,, hes not all there that man:-3:wah:Well......Cheryl will cause another row thats a dot on the card although I have to say I LOVED that girls voice that she has chosen....very powerful.Louis....well he likes weird acts.....he would have loved mine fgs:wah::wah:;)
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Yeeeeee Matts gonna win I can feel it in me water!!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337846 wrote: Yeeeeee Matts gonna win i can feel it in me water!!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

funny water you have:wah: i really enjoyed his performance but i will reserve jusdgement as yet:sneaky:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1337847 wrote: funny water you have:wah: i really enjoyed his performance but i will reserve jusdgement as yet:sneaky:Told you he would win the minute I heard him sing at the start....also his an Essex boy so that helps also:wah:;)
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337848 wrote: Told you he would win the minute I heard him sing at the start....also his an Essex boy so that helps also:wah:;)

I know you told me he would win,,, but the show aint started yet:thinking:and er he aint won yet:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

X Factor

Post by Carolly »

Heres me Runner Up....Rebbeca;):guitarist
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1337850 wrote: Heres me Runner Up....Rebbeca;):guitarist
:wah:,, she was ok ,,, im gonna log off now speak later :guitarist:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

X Factor

Post by Betty Boop »

gawd they're all terrible so far...
Betty Boop

X Factor

Post by Betty Boop »

Apart from that little lad that did Mad World :)
Bez

X Factor

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop;1337863 wrote: Apart from that little lad that did Mad World :)

I agree......
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

Well we're now up to show 5 of the Live Shows, and that pratt Wan .......oops sorry, Wagner is still being voted through. :-5 For Pete's sake are the voting public tone bloody deaf ?????? :yh_eyerol The guy cannot sing in tune, cannot follow a song, lecherously puts himself off by all the dancing girls. He sung a complete song in the wrong key, missed some words, missed his cue, looked pathetic and still he gets voted through. This is absolutely ridiculous, when a talented singer like TreyC Cohen is sent hoime - makes the programme a farce !

I was impressed by Matt, Rebecca, Cher and Mary. I think Matt would have got the highest phone votes this weekend.

I really think Wagner should be kicked into touch because he is spoiling the whole show ! It is, after all, supposed to be a talent contest ! Hey have you noticed how they are all improving (except that Wagner idiot) - it's making it very difficult to choose a favourite now ! I feel sorry for the judges, as their task is getting harder and harder. :thinking:
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

Just to show people who haven't seen this guy before - his first song here was out of tune froim beginning to end. 'The Wonder of You' was a little better, at least it was more in tune !!!!! This was from this latest show (5) this weekend.

YouTube - The X Factor 2010 - Wagner Live Show 5

Then would you vote this next one (Treyc Cohen) to go home and keep Wagner ? Also this weekend's show.

YouTube - Treyc Cohen sings Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - The X Factor Live show 5 - itv.com/xfactor
beowulf

X Factor

Post by beowulf »

lol...you do realise hes only still in cos there is an interent/facebook campaign to vote for him just to wind up cowell..........there is another one going, the same as last year, to make sure a different song is xmas #1 instead of whatever xfactor produces, just to remove the smug smile from cowells face

however i agree.......keeping wanker......i mean wagner in, is spoiling it for those with genuine talent.....the girl that went last night should not have gone imho
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1342798 wrote: lol...you do realise hes only still in cos there is an interent/facebook campaign to vote for him just to wind up cowell..........there is another one going, the same as last year, to make sure a different song is xmas #1 instead of whatever xfactor produces, just to remove the smug smile from cowells face

however i agree.......keeping wanker......i mean wagner in, is spoiling it for those with genuine talent.....the girl that went last night should not have gone imho

Quite frankly, BW it is all so damn childish. When I remember what did get to No.1 at Christmas, I honestly thought it was a belly-aching row. I wouldn't damn well mind their childish games if only they would pcik a song that at least had a little merit for being a Christmass No.1. I'm glad I don't use Facebook.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

beowulf;1342798 wrote: lol...you do realise hes only still in cos there is an interent/facebook campaign to vote for him just to wind up cowell..........there is another one going, the same as last year, to make sure a different song is xmas #1 instead of whatever xfactor produces, just to remove the smug smile from cowells face

The judges shouldnt put thsoe acts through to the live shows in the first place, and its always Louis:mad:, look at last year with Jedward:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
mikeinie

X Factor

Post by mikeinie »

I have to say that the show is really pissing me off this year, all the comments are ridiculous.

“the standard is so high this year’

‘you are a recording artist’

‘this is the best of the season yet’….

On and on and on, no criticism, they are all fantastic and oh, by-the-way, you can now download this song right now from I-Tunes.

It has always been commercial, but it is becoming a joke and ruining it for the few talented ones on the show, and yes, there are only a few, most of them are mediocre at best, with the exception of Rebecca Ferguson who has a fantastic voice.
kazalala

X Factor

Post by kazalala »

mikeinie;1342844 wrote: I have to say that the show is really pissing me off this year, all the comments are ridiculous.

“the standard is so high this year’

‘you are a recording artist’

‘this is the best of the season yet’….

On and on and on, no criticism, they are all fantastic and oh, by-the-way, you can now download this song right now from I-Tunes.

It has always been commercial, but it is becoming a joke and ruining it for the few talented ones on the show, and yes, there are only a few, most of them are mediocre at best, with the exception of Rebecca Ferguson who has a fantastic voice.

I agree i think its the worst x factor ever to be honest,, but Matt and Rebecca are very good,,, they are the only two i think.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

X Factor

Post by G#Gill »

What about Mary then? She has a fab voice. I reckon Matt, Rebecca and Mary will be the last 3.
beowulf

X Factor

Post by beowulf »

kazalala;1342833 wrote: The judges shouldnt put thsoe acts through to the live shows in the first place,

exactly!
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

beowulf

X Factor

Post by beowulf »

G#Gill;1342804 wrote: Quite frankly, BW it is all so damn childish. When I remember what did get to No.1 at Christmas, I honestly thought it was a belly-aching row. I wouldn't damn well mind their childish games if only they would pcik a song that at least had a little merit for being a Christmass No.1. I'm glad I don't use Facebook.

you miss the point

its not about the song............its about keeping something produced by cowell from being #1..........something which is bland and without substance produced by a production line whose only purpose is to create even more money for cowell....i just get the feeling that once an act has made the maximum amount of money for him he loses interest and drops them.....i couldnt even tell you who won last year or the year before

...the whole programme is incestuous .....cowell and louis are business partners, cheryl is currently cowells biggest product,the show is made by his own company, most acts that appear are signed to him or louis...........even the programme that follows it is 'jobs for the boys' at times....piers morgan is another of cowells associates from britains got talent and some of the guests have been associates (cheryl,susan boyle,danni,sharon osbourne and cowell himself)

its the hypocracy of the show that annoys me......they criticise the contestants for all sorts of things such as dodgy singing and then you get cheryl miming!.....pot and kettle time!.......they complain that people are more nervous this year.......perhaps its cos the judges are taking swipes at each other rather than being constructive....and they are making them do more this year with dancers etc......i think the judges forget that only a few weeks ago these people had never sung in this situation before...it is asking a lot

as for the xmas song......i bought it last year cos i am a fan of RATM anyway.........i shall buy this years just on purpose to do my bit to wipe that smug smile off cowells face :sneaky:

last years choice of a track by Rage Against The Machine was the perfect choice as they are against large business conglomerates or big money producing people (ie 'the machine').....all the profits they made from royaltyies went to UK charities

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Return to “General TV Shows”