friends faded

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
anastrophe

friends faded

Post by anastrophe »

yeah, i agree. when 'Survivor' started running up against friends, for the first couple of seasons, we'd tape friends and watch survivor. after that though, we stopped taping - it just wasn't funny enough.

it seemed to show a bit of a creative revival the last two seasons, but indeed, they chose the right time to end - quit on a high note.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Serenity

friends faded

Post by Serenity »

that seems to be the case with anything though.

it's funny how long can you laugh at the same gig?

I don't think you'll find any television program that's any different.

Seinfeld had to go, and there was a show of upmost creativity and diversification if i ever have witnessed it.

people can only watch a handful of people growing older and living in an apartment doin nothing informative for so long.

Sometimes- as you said - trying to spice things up isn't enough. That's more then likely due to the fact, that we don't always welcome change, and if we grew to like friends because they had a particular field of humor we were attracted to, and then they change it up to keep ratings, well we realize that it's not what we used to want and decide to change it up all together.

I've found that no matter what TV sitcom is debuting, there's no real strong followings because what ever it is, we've seen it all before.

The "reality" tv intro was a new wave and everybody watched things like survivor and big brother and IMO the best so far has been THE APPRENTICE (but i'm biased. i like money and power). But as with every sequel there's a fluctuation of devoted viewers.

What'll be the next big thing i'm not sure......there's certainly not much shock-factor left on tv.

I've lost total interest in TV myself. Not even turned it on , other then to listen to ROBTV or the news.

The way i see it, is I don't care about someone else's life on TV.

I'm trying to escape reality when i turn it on.

How many times can you watch someone select a spouse?

Yep. friends like 'em all , certainly got played out.
Action Cures Fear. ;)

"Hi. Nice to meet you...I'm "Mr. Everything's a conspiracy theory". "
capt_buzzard

friends faded

Post by capt_buzzard »

I never liked that Friends program, It never made me laugh. I watched it one night,and that was all. Other guys I know were laughing away at. :-5
capt_buzzard

friends faded

Post by capt_buzzard »

I dream of jeanie and Lucy Ball. But they were before your time. :wah:
Bill Sikes

friends faded

Post by Bill Sikes »

bella2k7 wrote: my frend never fad a way. they r stil frends wit me evn thuh i don liv in argentina ne mor i stil have frends there we e-mail each oder evry day. i mov from argentina wen i was 15 an now im wel im not telin but we still keep in tuch its not hard if u ned tip on howe to kep a frend just ask me

Did you read this thread before replying? They're talking about crap TV shows!

Nice to hear about your friendly and constant friends, though!

Return to “General TV Shows”