Olympics in Hi-def

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
anastrophe

Olympics in Hi-def

Post by anastrophe »

Anyone been watching the olympics in HDTV? I've watched a bit of it, and it's been a disappointment - and an aggravation. For reasons unclear, NBC is choosing to delay their hi-def broadcast by about 24 hours. So when you watch - taking into account the time difference added in - it's as old as yesterday's newspaper. Plus, they're only showing about six to eight hours of content, then looping it for the remainder of the day. huh?? but the worst part, by far, is that Sony is sponsoring the HDTV presentation. In and of itself, that's not a problem - the problem is, they have precisely ONE commercial they are showing, and they show it

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

crowd: "hey bob!"

bob: "yeah?"

crowd: "whatcha doing?"

bob: "watching the game"

crowd: "in hi-def?"

bob: "yeah...."

crowd: "can we watch too?"

bob: "well...."

crowd: "we brought chips!"

bob: "uh huh..."

lone guy in crowd: "and salsa!"

it's burned into my brain. it worked - i'll never buy a sony hdtv! :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Olympics in Hi-def

Post by anastrophe »

the other funny thing about this lone commercial they're showing during the hidef presentation is that....it's not in hidef. how dumb is THAT. five minutes of hi-def gymnastics, followed by two consecutive plays of a standard def commercial advertising hi-def TV's. nutso.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “General TV Shows”