Ricky Gervais, love or hate him?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

I really don't get the facination with this guy, I really really can't stand the guy. Anyone agree? If not, please explain what it is? He didn't even write his own stuff, that other fella he works with did!
The Rob

Post by The Rob »

crazygal;639511 wrote: I really don't get the facination with this guy, I really really can't stand the guy. Anyone agree? If not, please explain what it is? He didn't even write his own stuff, that other fella he works with did!

Do you mean Ricky Gervais? The man's a genius. I've loved both The Office and Extras. I do understand why his (and yes, Merchant's) humour may put off some, as it's excruciating to watch much of the time.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

I, Rob;639520 wrote: Do you mean Ricky Gervais? The man's a genius. I've loved both The Office and Extras. I do understand why his (and yes, Merchant's) humour may put off some, as it's excruciating to watch much of the time.

Yes that's the one. I see him and just want to punch my screen! How is he a genius? The way he tells them?
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

the guy is really funny ...cg get a sense of humour :wah: :wah:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

jimbo;639524 wrote: the guy is really funny ...cg get a sense of humour :wah: :wah:

I have one but he just doesn't do it for me.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

crazygal;639525 wrote: I have one but he just doesn't do it for me.

well with the two dads on the go at the same time ,i'd be suprised if there was time for anyone to do it for you :lips:

:wah: :wah: :wah:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

jimbo;639528 wrote: well with the two dads on the go at the same time ,i'd be suprised if there was time for anyone to do it for you :lips:

:wah: :wah:

Ha ha I ain't with both! Neither have their own place, well Karl has a bedsit and Jade is too young to go for weekends, Ryans dad lives with a lot of people and in Eastbourne so they both have to stay here to see their kids. :p
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

crazygal;639530 wrote: Ha ha I ain't with both! Neither have their own place, well Karl has a bedsit and Jade is too young to go for weekends, Ryans dad lives with a lot of people and in Eastbourne so they both have to stay here to see their kids. :p

GEEESH You said you had a sense of humour it ain just ricky gervais that dont do it for you is it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:wah:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

jimbo;639537 wrote: GEEESH You said you had a sense of humour it ain just ricky gervais that dont do it for you is it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:wah:

Aww I love you so stop eyeballing me you hear! :p
dubs

Post by dubs »

The series of podcasts he did were absolutely hilarious......Bloke's a genius!:wah:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

crazygal;639511 wrote: If not, please explain what it is?

Who? Some people watch far too much TV. and can't think of anything else!
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Yeah the podcasts are stunning. I agree, in the company of Messrs Merchant and Pilkington, pure genius. The office and Extras also took comedy to a new high in my opinion. Superbly observed. Also, his appearance in The Simpsons was amazing. Best episode ever.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
sparkygirl

Post by sparkygirl »

Hi, i feel the same, i think the guy is a total prat some may not agree but we're all entitled to our own opinion, i cant stand the bloke either
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

He's a knob
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Ghost Town was awesome, IMO
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

theia

Post by theia »

I really like his humour
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have to say that when he gives awards In America etc... I cringe with embarrassment... What a bighead ???
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
sparkygirl

Post by sparkygirl »

Hi yeah i agree, its great to have found a site where people don't actually like the bloke
awithens

Post by awithens »

I love Ricky Gervais! I can see where some people are turned off by his sense of humour, but it's right up my alleyway. I think the key with this kind of humour is not to take what the person's saying too seriously. Yes, Ricky Gervais can seem like he's completely full of himself - but that's part of the hilarity! Generally when people are seriously that full of themselves, they have no sense of humour at all!

Return to “General TV Shows”