-American Idol 2007-

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

Did you see the part after his audition when Ryan was staring at him?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

We called him Forrest Gump!! "that's all I have to say about that"
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

AngelEyes82;521035 wrote: :thinking: WW- I think thats an insult to forrest. :rolleyes:

Honestly, he reminded me of him at the end only...I felt so sorry for him...poor thing...
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

Where are the next auditions going to be? I missed the last 10 minutes.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

Memphis
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
CARLA

-American Idol 2007-

Post by CARLA »

I'm still trying to get over the girl that did the cowardly lion song from the Wizard of OZ. That did it for me, plus the look on Simons face was priceless. :-2
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

haha Wookie girl. sorry she sounded more that Chewbacca from Star Wars than the Lion to me. :wah:

my son
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;521248 wrote: haha Wookie girl. sorry she sounded more that Chewbacca from Star Wars than the Lion to me. :wah:

Yeah, my kids yelled for me to "come see this"...and called her chewy!! :wah:
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I thought I'd bump this up...did anyone see "Big Bird" last night...OMG and she was 50 years old!!

I loved the comedy guy that wanted to see David Hasselhoff cry...he reminded me of my middle child...he has that kind of sense of humor that just kills you!! I liked his singin' too!!:guitarist
Marie5656

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Marie5656 »

WonderWendy3;535950 wrote: I thought I'd bump this up...did anyone see "Big Bird" last night...OMG and she was 50 years old!![/SIZE]

On Idol? I thought they had an age limit?
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Marie5656;535953 wrote: On Idol? I thought they had an age limit?

She said she was only 26....

Yeah, she LIED!!! and after she was done, Simon told her to "fess up", she said 33 and then he said..."umm, fess up" again....and then she said 50!!

She was a character!!
minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;535956 wrote: She said she was only 26....

Yeah, she LIED!!! and after she was done, Simon told her to "fess up", she said 33 and then he said..."umm, fess up" again....and then she said 50!!

She was a character!!

Idol seems to be the new Gong Show, I am feeling sorry for the judges this year :-5
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Marie5656

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Marie5656 »

I heard today that Simon was actually in a pretty good mood last night. What's up with that?
minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

Marie5656;535979 wrote: I heard today that Simon was actually in a pretty good mood last night. What's up with that?

yeah he surprised a few people last nite by saying he liked some of the performances... it was interesting.... oiy but Paula I think she is going looney tunes, she has become grossly animated during performances it's kind of quirky.

― Mae West
minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

AngelEyes82;536007 wrote: OMG i saw BIG bird.. She was wierd.. lol That guy that wanted to make david hasselhoff cry was good!

he was a pleasant surprise wasn't he, great voice.

― Mae West
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

I'm beginning to wonder what Paula is really drinking in that coca-cola glass. :thinking:

my son
SuzyB

-American Idol 2007-

Post by SuzyB »

I think Simon Cowell is great with his very blunt and often true remarks, what do you all think?? :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

SuzyB;536045 wrote: I think Simon Cowell is great with his very blunt and often true remarks, what do you all think?? :-6

i think if it weren't for Simon Randy would be having all the contestants over for 3 hour tea parties, lordy that man likes to chit chat ahahahahaha

Hey what did you think of the girl with the 6 feet of hair and her matching mother.... oooo that just gives me a headache thinking of hair that long....I wonder how long it takes to brush that all out....

Oiy not to mention the weird places those long strands get wrapped around.

― Mae West
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

what wierd places? :sneaky:

Honestly I'm just ready for them to start Hollywood week. I don't think I can take anymore bad singing. Nor can my pillow. :o

my son
minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

Sheryl;536053 wrote: what wierd places? :sneaky:

Honestly I'm just ready for them to start Hollywood week. I don't think I can take anymore bad singing. Nor can my pillow. :o

do you have long or short hair Sheryl? Ahahahaha:D

OMG Hollywood could be fun yes, is that tonite?

― Mae West
SuzyB

-American Idol 2007-

Post by SuzyB »

minks;536051 wrote: i think if it weren't for Simon Randy would be having all the contestants over for 3 hour tea parties, lordy that man likes to chit chat ahahahahaha

Hey what did you think of the girl with the 6 feet of hair and her matching mother.... oooo that just gives me a headache thinking of hair that long....I wonder how long it takes to brush that all out....

Oiy not to mention the weird places those long strands get wrapped around.

That will be shown Friday night over here :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

I have long hair, but I'm sure to hold it out away from me when washing it. :D

Nope I think it Hollywood week will start next week. Tonight it's Hollywood auditions.

my son
minks

-American Idol 2007-

Post by minks »

Sheryl;536062 wrote: I have long hair, but I'm sure to hold it out away from me when washing it. :D

Nope I think it Hollywood week will start next week. Tonight it's Hollywood auditions.

OOO I am going to watch tonite for sure then I love the rejects

Ahahaha the hair eeeek...

― Mae West
Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

They said they bumped San Antonio from tonight to next week because the ratings are so high here.

I missed most of last night's show, but I'm ready for tonight.
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

SuzyB;536045 wrote: I think Simon Cowell is great with his very blunt and often true remarks, what do you all think?? :-6

I LOVE Simon, I know he's blunt and even rude sometimes...but I think he's hilarious....his facial expressions...

He made me crack up when the woman that sang "Like a Virgin" and sang off the wood floor to see if that improved her singing (ummm NO) anyway when she got mad as she was leaving, Simon said "call me"...thought that was funny...

starting in 5 minutes...I have to watch in my bedroom away from my kids because they talk all through it and drives me batty:-5

plus I make funny faces...and they make fun of me...:thinking:
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

Accountable;536501 wrote: They said they bumped San Antonio from tonight to next week because the ratings are so high here.

I missed most of last night's show, but I'm ready for tonight.

Yep, They're going to air SA on Feb 6th. I missed todays show. Had to work Late.:-5
Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

I watched the Spurs game instead. I do have my priorities, y'know. :yh_silent

I dropped in a couple of times, though. I saw the asian girl with the deep voice whose lips moved as if she were dubbed in English. :-2

And what was with that old guy? Everybody was crying & shaking his hand, but I don't know why.
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Accountable;536812 wrote: I watched the Spurs game instead. I do have my priorities, y'know. :yh_silent

I dropped in a couple of times, though. I saw the asian girl with the deep voice whose lips moved as if she were dubbed in English. :-2

And what was with that old guy? Everybody was crying & shaking his hand, but I don't know why.

He sang wonderfully and had a petition signed that he should be able to audition. His wife died 2 days before the audition and she always supported him in all he did, and he sang a song to her. It was very touching.

As for the asian girl...oh wow...that was weird...and what is it with these people that take time to have their own "drama audition"....the judges said NO, get over it...I am the female version of Simon!!:wah:

and Yes, Paula is not just drinking coke...she's got ahold of some happy dust somewhere!!
nvalleyvee

-American Idol 2007-

Post by nvalleyvee »

He sang wonderfully and had a petition signed that he should be able to audition. His wife died 2 days before the audition and she always supported him in all he did, and he sang a song to her. It was very touching.

I thought that sooo touching. He said it was a way for him to keep his wife from thinking about her death. She helped him with the petitions while she was dying. To get so involved in something so frivilous and fun in your final weeks of life..........how much freaking FUN!!!!! AND......... it was his last farewell to his wife by actually going through with it...............:-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Ciao, Bella!

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

I cried when he sang. He actually had a good voice, and could have gone on in the competition, if he were younger.

Now, that's love. I hope my DH thinks of me like that when I'm gone. :-4
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

It was very touching, I have to watch in separate room than my kids because of different reasons already explained...anyway...my 10 year old came in my room with tears in his eyes and said, "mom that was so sad, and he sang so good!" And then we had to argue that he didn't get a "golden ticket"....but he sure did deserve one...what courage!!
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Yep, next week they are in Holly-weird....looks like theres alot of cryin' going on there...by the previews...

I loved all the flashbacks...
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I like 1 guy alot,As for the girls.... I have a problem with the 2 friends, they just remind me of 2 snobby girls out of a high school movie...none in particular, just "birtha better than you's"....

I didn't see it on Wed., I was out for Valentines Day dinner...so I missed it...the kids told me about it though....my youngest said, "soon, we get to call in and vote", I forgot all about that!! :-3
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

AngelEyes82;551935 wrote: Next week we call in and vote. I don't like those 2 girls either. They bug me & I hope they are gone quick. :-5

Me too, I would've been like the blonde and went and flirted instead of staying with Ms. Thang 1 and Ms. Thang 2!! (trying to be funny like thing 1 and thing 2...ha !!):-5
Uncle Kram

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Uncle Kram »

Watched the selection of the final 24 tonight. Baffled by some that didn't make it and astonished by a few that did. At least it's not predictable I guess.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Uncle Kram

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Uncle Kram »

Soberano;552307 wrote: I have joked about this programme in the past, only watching the auditions for fun etc. Well i watched it tonight for the first time ever after only watching auditions. The only reason i decided to watch is because of the interest you guys show, sort of made me wonder. I have to apologise, i loved the emotion and the heartfelt comradeship but most of all the talent some of these youngsters show shocked me. What a voice on some of the girls performing Aretha Franklin, and i love Miss Franklin, Warwick etc. I am a convert.
If you asked people to name an Aretha song, most would not say "'Til You Come Back to Me" which is one of my all time faves, so it was nice to see that chosen for a change. Interesting to see some renditions reasonably faithful to Aretha in contrast to some fresh reworkings by others.

I like the guy that did Journeys "Open Arms" in his original audition. Unlike some of the others, I think he's got "the look" too

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was going to comment on the lady that sang like Aretha, but couldn't remember if she got booted, I know one did, and thinking another sounded alot like her....

A mind is a terrible thing:-5

I am BIG Aretha fan, my children have grown up on her, (all boys)...my youngest knows "Chain of fools" word for word...pretty cool, we have him on video and he even had back up singers!!:guitarist
ilona17

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ilona17 »

I love american idol and any kind of shows like this, i love music and i love seeing the audtions and all the people's talent develop. But does anyone know what songs they were singing at hollywood week?
[QUOTE]:DLive Everyday Like It's Your Last :-6[/QUOTE]
Twilight

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Twilight »

Is it just me or are the guys sh!te this year?

Return to “General TV Shows”