-American Idol 2007-

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Last year was the first year I ever watched American Idol. I would never watch it in the middle of the season because I'm anal about watching shows from the very beginning, so I know EVERYTHING...To be honest, don't know if I'll watch it again this year...I was extremley dissapointed with the out-come of it all...but It's just a competition..so probably will watch again, it is entertaining and something the boys and I can watch together.
CARLA

-American Idol 2007-

Post by CARLA »

ME OF COURSE. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have to agree, the auditions are alot of fun to watch...hence me watching from the very beginning...neat to see them start out and then see how far they make it.

Do you remember the real spastic guy that jumped around last year...he was very memorable. He reminded me of my son who was extremly hyper when younger...was entertaining!
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

I'll start watching it when the season starts, and just see if I'm gonna watch the whole season or not.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Marie5656

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Marie5656 »

Actually, I do not watch much anymore. Now I just watch the beginning...with all the folks who think they can sing. Then I just hold off till they are down to the final 4 or 5..the cream of the crop.
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

I'll be watching. They had auditions here in San Antonio. A couple of my friends tried out. I cant wait to see them try to sing!:wah:
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
guppy

-American Idol 2007-

Post by guppy »

Marie5656;478847 wrote: Actually, I do not watch much anymore. Now I just watch the beginning...with all the folks who think they can sing. Then I just hold off till they are down to the final 4 or 5..the cream of the crop.

i watch it about like you do Marie......the funny beginning and the end to see who wins.....:)

(dang, we are sisters..........)
AussiePam

-American Idol 2007-

Post by AussiePam »

I'm enjoying American Idol too. I think Aussies are specially privileged here. We get not only to watch several episodes edited into one session, but we also get the results at the end!!! In Australian Idol, that would have dragged out over three weeks.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

nvalleyvee

-American Idol 2007-

Post by nvalleyvee »

I already have the series in TIVO.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

Starts in five minutes!
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Accountable;519639 wrote: Starts in five minutes!

Thank YOU....almost forgot!!!

starting NOW!!
ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

:D Hello everyone i am codee white and i am 11 and i am a great singer... i mean ask all my friends and i want to go to the american idol jr place and be the next american idol jr... but, the prob. is where is the American Idol Jr place... in what state becasue i live in michigan... ok... well e-mail me if u have my answer on where American Idol Jr is k :-6 e-mail me at kitten11010@aol.com or if u have aim mine is kitten11010
ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

ciarasheepdo;519655 wrote: :D Hello everyone i am codee white and i am 11 and i am a great singer... i mean ask all my friends and i want to go to the american idol jr place and be the next american idol jr... but, the prob. is where is the American Idol Jr place... in what state becasue i live in michigan... ok... well e-mail me if u have my answer on where American Idol Jr is k :-6 e-mail me at kitten11010@aol.com or if u have aim mine is kitten11010

So Any one wanna help me hehe i am soo great and i watch american idol and say man i will be one of them... first i got to go threw american idol jr. so will anyone help me please:o
ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

ciarasheepdo;519660 wrote: So Any one wanna help me hehe i am soo great and i watch american idol and say man i will be one of them... first i got to go threw american idol jr. so will anyone help me please:o

well.. uhh.... please tell me becasue i will travel any where to win that!:-6 :p ;)
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

So I watched tonight. I sure hope they find some talent somewhere, cause it was few and far between tonight. Even though there was one girl who did a great Wookie impersonation. :D

my son
Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

I think Randy has psychological issues with vocal coaches. :D
Bill Sikes

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Bill Sikes »

tmbsgrl;476271 wrote: The auditions make ma laugh so hard sometimes.. Really why on earth do some of these people think they can sing!!? Maybe they are deaf:-3.. I can't wait..

Because the whole thing is entirely stage-managed to appeal to the portion

of the population that finds this sort of thing interesting!
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

Accountable;519942 wrote: I think Randy has psychological issues with vocal coaches. :D

I think your right! But I'm still laughing over Wookie girl. :wah:

my son
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;519968 wrote: I think your right! But I'm still laughing over Wookie girl. :wah:

YES...we found her entertaining as well...I felt sorry for her in the end, she REALLY was different!!

I can't believe what people will do....and yes I believe it's staged, telling the background of just SOME of them...pulling on America's heart strings....it could be labeled as a "comedy - drama"!!
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

It seemed to me they just showed mainly the bad ones, and just a few of those who made it through. And good grief there were some bad ones. :o

my son
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;520014 wrote: It seemed to me they just showed mainly the bad ones, and just a few of those who made it through. And good grief there were some bad ones. :o

Yeah, I think that they have to do that, of course there are too many, but to do the "story lines" on some, doesn't seem really fair to the thousands that actually live for the moment to maybe be on tv once and don't, due to the time they spend on these other people...but I know, it helps ratings and makes it a little more interesting...

I agree with some of the bad ones...I was CLUTCHING my pillow to see if it would help them sing better....NOPE, didnt' work!
ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

WonderWendy3;520025 wrote: Yeah, I think that they have to do that, of course there are too many, but to do the "story lines" on some, doesn't seem really fair to the thousands that actually live for the moment to maybe be on tv once and don't, due to the time they spend on these other people...but I know, it helps ratings and makes it a little more interesting...

I agree with some of the bad ones...I was CLUTCHING my pillow to see if it would help them sing better....NOPE, didnt' work!

Hi i am codee... (did u see my other threads) umm.. i have a question is there a American Idol Jr.? for 2007?:confused:
SuzyB

-American Idol 2007-

Post by SuzyB »

ciarasheepdo;520424 wrote: Hi i am codee... (did u see my other threads) umm.. i have a question is there a American Idol Jr.? for 2007?:confused:

Hi Codee, i'm not sure what happens where you are, but over here in the UK you have to be 16 to take part (think it's the same in USA but not 100%).

American idol starts here tomorrow, two years ago when i was hospital, the lady in the bed next to me and me started watching the auditioning stage, it was so funny, we was howling with laughter and we was supposed to be very ill! The lady next to me laughed so much she popped her stitches, after being restitched she was banned from watching American Idol.

Auditions start for the UK version in March this year, my niece is going to the auditions in London.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

SuzyB;520432 wrote: Hi Codee, i'm not sure what happens where you are, but over here in the UK you have to be 16 to take part (think it's the same in USA but not 100%).

American idol starts here tomorrow, two years ago when i was hospital, the lady in the bed next to me and me started watching the auditioning stage, it was so funny, we was howling with laughter and we was supposed to be very ill! The lady next to me laughed so much she popped her stitches, after being restitched she was banned from watching American Idol.

Auditions start for the UK version in March this year, my niece is going to the auditions in London.

no no no i mean go to ask.com and type in American Idol Jr. and there is an American Idol Jr. for kids 6-12 and i am 11 and i am a VERY GOOD singer and i wanna go to American Idol Jr. First and prove to my friends i could do it and then when i get 16 and then i will go to regular Amercian Idol and win that and become a great singer like Ciara!:driving: :-6 :p
SuzyB

-American Idol 2007-

Post by SuzyB »

ciarasheepdo;520437 wrote: no no no i mean go to ask.com and type in American Idol Jr. and there is an American Idol Jr. for kids 6-12 and i am 11 and i am a VERY GOOD singer and i wanna go to American Idol Jr. First and prove to my friends i could do it and then when i get 16 and then i will go to regular Amercian Idol and win that and become a great singer like Ciara!:driving: :-6 :p

Go for it, sending you Good Luck :-6

ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

SuzyB;520441 wrote: Go for it, sending you Good Luck :-6

well.. here is my question.... where is it located... and.... who runs....it...

:-p
SuzyB

-American Idol 2007-

Post by SuzyB »

ciarasheepdo;520447 wrote: well.. here is my question.... where is it located... and.... who runs....it...

:-p

Sorry i wouldn't have a clue, i live in England. Maybe you could ask your parents or a teacher to help you. :-6

Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

ciarasheepdo

-American Idol 2007-

Post by ciarasheepdo »

SuzyB;520450 wrote: Sorry i wouldn't have a clue, i live in England. Maybe you could ask your parents or a teacher to help you. :-6

Oh.... becasue... i want to call American Idol (real) and ask what American Idol Jr.s' phone # is becasue i wanna audition
Clint

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Clint »

Coming soon to a theater near you…………….

American Idol’s

Talentless in Seattle
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

The talent was definatly few and far between in Seattle! :-2

my son
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

The Brother and sister were pretty good though! :)
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
CARLA

-American Idol 2007-

Post by CARLA »

It's not a good showing so far even the ones they have selected aren't all that good. Boy I hope there is a sleeper in the bunch or it will be the worst season of all. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Accountable »

We haven't seen San Antonio yet. :guitarist
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

The only good thing from Seattle was my sides hurt from laughing so hard. :o

my son
Sheryl

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Sheryl »

oh that was funny. Simon's face though when several just walked in, was priceless. :D

my son
WonderWendy3

-American Idol 2007-

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I agree, Simon was quite entertaining, one of the things I found funny was how they kept on going to the wrong door...and Simon..."wrong door"...I just found that hilarious both days...and yes the little guy with the bug eyes..."he said I look like a monkey!"

I feel sorry for these people!!

Brother and sister were good though, honestly, I liked the boy better...but both were good...at least something good came out of Seatle.....that was a rough city!!
Fibonacci

-American Idol 2007-

Post by Fibonacci »

What was the deal with that guy who sang Unchained Melody?

Return to “General TV Shows”