America The Beautiful

BTS

America The Beautiful

Post by BTS »

I would like to see a thread for something like (AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL) if not for our great country then just because...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

Have you ever spent the later afternoon watching the purple shadows deepen in the Arizona desert, or seen a herd of elk plow their way through waist deep snow on a cold Colorado dawn?

Did you ever watch the sun go down in Hawaii or see the stormy waves break over the rock bound coast of Maine, or have you ever seen an eagle fly up out of the mists of Alaska or a big October moon hanging full over the still Dakota badlands?

Have you ever tasted the gumbo in New Orleans, the barbecue in Carolina or the chicken wings in Buffalo? Have you ever had Brunswick stew in Macon or cornbread in Birmingham or brisket slow cooked over hill country mesquite wood?

Did you ever drink water from a gurgling branch in Utah or stand on the mountain above El Paso Del Norte and see the lights twinkling clear over into Mexico?

Did you ever jingle horses in the predawn stillness of a perfect Texas day and watch their shod hooves kicking up sparks on the volcanic rock or tended a trot line on a foggy Carolina morning, or heard the distant song of a lovesick whippoorwill in the pristine Tennessee late night?

Have you seen the faces on Mount Rushmore or stood at the Vietnam monument? Have you ever crossed the mighty Mississippi or been to the Daddy of ‘Em All in Cheyenne, Wyoming or seen the mighty Vols run out on the football field on a chilly autumn afternoon?

Did you ever see the Chicago skyline from Lakeshore Drive at night or the New England foliage in the fall or the summer beauty of the Shenandoah valley or Indiana covered with new snow?

Did you ever see a herd of wild horses running free across the empty spaces of Nevada or caught a walleyed pike out of a cold Wisconsin stream, or marveled at the tall ships docked in the harbor at Baltimore?

Did you ever see the early morning dew sparkling on the bluegrass or the wind stir the wheat fields on a hot Kansas afternoon or drove the lonely stretches of old Route 66?

Have you ever heard the church bells peal their call to worship on a early Sunday in some small town in the deep South, or passed through the redwood forests as the sun was going down?

Have you ever been to Boise or Baxley or Beaufort or Billings? Have you ever passed through Sanford or Suffolk or San Angelo? Have you seen the falls at Niagara, the ice palace in St. Paul or the gateway to the west?

This then is America, the land God blesses with everything and no Eiffel Tower, no Taj Mahal, no Alps, nor Andes, no native hut, nor royal palace can rival her awesome beauty, her diverse population, her monolithic majesty. America the free, America the mighty, America the beautiful.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Copyright © 2005 Charlie Daniels

All rights under copyright reserved. Used by permission.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BabyRider

America The Beautiful

Post by BabyRider »

*bump*

I like this idea!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Philadelphia Eagle

America The Beautiful

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Excellent thread!

One of the great differences between us and many other countries (particularly old Europe) is that we are all so very proud of our nation - and justifyably so.

We love to fly our flag.

We have an open society which is the envy of the world.

We stand hand on heart while our national anthem is played before each public occasion, sports event etc.

Everywhere we look in the United States there are examples of' America the Beautiful'

I live in an area which has heavy tourist traffic and I have heard on so many occasions foreign tourists saying "I wish our citizens would show the sort of pride in our country that you Americans do"
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
minks

America The Beautiful

Post by minks »

As an outsider I would like to add

Pearl Harbor is the most heart moving place I have visited

San Francisco is Gay (and I do not mean the sexual persuasion) with its unique bay culture.

Las Vegas Dazzeled me,

Cabrillo Park in San Diego amazed me with it's Navel splendor.

Californias West Coast is playful and laid back.

Palm Springs and area was both Opulent and gut wrenching.

Diversity at its best is what I found out about your country.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

America The Beautiful

Post by lady cop »

i was raised in Washington DC and took it for granted. my Dad took me to all the momuments and archives. and to dinner at the White House. at the time i did not know everyone was not so privileged. he taught me to love America. the Fourth of July at the Washington Monument was spectacular. another thing i took for granted. but now when it runs on PBS every year, i cry with the emotion and memories. he also took me to Arlington National Cemetery to teach me reverence. now he and my Mom are buried there. i am not worthy. :-1
capt_buzzard

America The Beautiful

Post by capt_buzzard »

Well, let us hear more from 'All of you American mambers on the real America The Beautiful in your part of the UNITED STATES
David813

America The Beautiful

Post by David813 »

The mighty American Great Plains are boring, hot, windy and humid. In winter it's cold, no vegetation and dreary. I'd rather be in the Simpson Desert!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Tombstone

America The Beautiful

Post by Tombstone »

Great suggestion. I'll get this done this week.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Lon

America The Beautiful

Post by Lon »

David813 wrote: The mighty American Great Plains are boring, hot, windy and humid. In winter it's cold, no vegetation and dreary. I'd rather be in the Simpson Desert!
Is there anything you particularly like about the U.S. David?
turbonium

America The Beautiful

Post by turbonium »

lady cop wrote: i was raised in Washington DC and took it for granted. my Dad took me to all the momuments and archives. and to dinner at the White House. at the time i did not know everyone was not so privileged. he taught me to love America. the Fourth of July at the Washington Monument was spectacular. another thing i took for granted. but now when it runs on PBS every year, i cry with the emotion and memories. he also took me to Arlington National Cemetery to teach me reverence. now he and my Mom are buried there. i am not worthy. :-1
Your pride glows out of this post, LC - You certainly are worthy!! :)
lady cop

America The Beautiful

Post by lady cop »

turbonium wrote: Your pride glows out of this post, LC - You certainly are worthy!! :)you are much too kind! thankyou!

Agnes

America The Beautiful

Post by Agnes »

well we're harvesting a lot of bales, making lots of dirt, and excavating for many new homes. :-6 sweating it up.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
Accountable

America The Beautiful

Post by Accountable »

I grew up in northern Louisiana and have lived in upstate New York, northern California, Utah, and now Las Vegas. the only ugly I remember is old snow and cityscape in the daytime. But countryside is a beauty to bring tears to your eyes, whether it is a tall pine forest or snowcapped mountains. And city lights at night come in a close second to a cloudless, moonless night.

PS: The most beautiful night sky I ever saw was in the middle of nowhere in central England, miles from the nearest light pole.
greydeadhead

America The Beautiful

Post by greydeadhead »

OKay...

LC should know this one.. standing on top of Killington on a clear winter day.. getting ready to cut first trax down the hill... you can see forever...

Hiking Mt. Washington in the fall.. colors everywhere.. or climbing Katahin in Maine... end of the line for the AT...

Spring time on the lake..

Old Northend of Boston for dinner.. the Modern bakery.. best Italian pastries I have tasted since Italy...

and sooooo much more..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
lady cop

America The Beautiful

Post by lady cop »

greydeadhead wrote: OKay...

LC should know this one.. standing on top of Killington on a clear winter day.. getting ready to cut first trax down the hill... you can see forever...

Hiking Mt. Washington in the fall.. colors everywhere.. or climbing Katahin in Maine... end of the line for the AT...

Spring time on the lake..

Old Northend of Boston for dinner.. the Modern bakery.. best Italian pastries I have tasted since Italy...

and sooooo much more..stop, you're killing me! killing fields and durgin park! north-end! why are you doing this to me? aaaggghhhhh~ X-rated trails, OMG i love it! grey i am going to have to smack you!
BabyRider

America The Beautiful

Post by BabyRider »

Ahh....FR, you have just met our resident Anti-America American citizen, David813. Basically harmless, just a bit warped in some of his ideas...Hi Dave!! :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Jives

America The Beautiful

Post by Jives »

America...the beautiful and intelligent.

Name a cool invention that changed the world, Americans probably invented it:

The Airplane - the Wright Brothers

The Computer - Steve jobs and Bill Gates

The Telephone - Alexander graham Bell

The Light Bulb - Thomas Edison

The Mass Production Line - Henry Ford

MTV, Levis, satellites, the list just goes on and on!

No wonder everyone wants to come over here!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
anastrophe

America The Beautiful

Post by anastrophe »

Jives wrote: America...the beautiful and intelligent.

Name a cool invention that changed the world, Americans probably invented it:

The Airplane - the Wright Brothers

The Computer - Steve jobs and Bill Gates

The Telephone - Alexander graham Bell

The Light Bulb - Thomas Edison

The Mass Production Line - Henry Ford

MTV, Levis, satellites, the list just goes on and on!

No wonder everyone wants to come over here!
The Computer - Steve jobs and Bill Gates - false (computer was invented long before jobs and gates were even born)

The Telephone - Alexander graham Bell - conditionally true (bell was a scottish citizen living in the united states when he invented the telephone. he received his US citizenship several years after the invention was patented.)

The Light Bulb - Thomas Edison - false (he perfected the already existing design)
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

America The Beautiful

Post by anastrophe »

(topic moved to the regional:united states forum)
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Renovatio

America The Beautiful

Post by Renovatio »

Hey. I was just browsing the place and I think its great youre so proud of you're country - but I just gotta say that, while no single person invented the computer we brits had the first working computer to find out where shells were falling from and to crack the enigma codes. British sci-fi author Arthur C Clarke came up with the concept of satelites. And we had a hand in inventing the lightbulb.

Rule Brittania!
Accountable

America The Beautiful

Post by Accountable »

Renovatio wrote: Hey. I was just browsing the place and I think its great youre so proud of you're country - but I just gotta say that, while no single person invented the computer we brits had the first working computer to find out where shells were falling from and to crack the enigma codes. British sci-fi author Arthur C Clarke came up with the concept of satelites. And we had a hand in inventing the lightbulb.

Rule Brittania!:yh_clap

Congrats, thanks, and welcome! :-6
JayDee

America The Beautiful

Post by JayDee »

America The Beautiful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see a thread for something like (AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL) if not for our great country then just because...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL

Have you ever spent the later afternoon watching the purple shadows deepen in the Arizona desert, or seen a herd of elk plow their way through waist deep snow on a cold Colorado dawn?

Did you ever watch the sun go down in Hawaii or see the stormy waves break over the rock bound coast of Maine, or have you ever seen an eagle fly up out of the mists of Alaska or a big October moon hanging full over the still Dakota badlands?

Have you ever tasted the gumbo in New Orleans, the barbecue in Carolina or the chicken wings in Buffalo? Have you ever had Brunswick stew in Macon or cornbread in Birmingham or brisket slow cooked over hill country mesquite wood?

Did you ever drink water from a gurgling branch in Utah or stand on the mountain above El Paso Del Norte and see the lights twinkling clear over into Mexico?

Did you ever jingle horses in the predawn stillness of a perfect Texas day and watch their shod hooves kicking up sparks on the volcanic rock or tended a trot line on a foggy Carolina morning, or heard the distant song of a lovesick whippoorwill in the pristine Tennessee late night?

Have you seen the faces on Mount Rushmore or stood at the Vietnam monument? Have you ever crossed the mighty Mississippi or been to the Daddy of ‘Em All in Cheyenne, Wyoming or seen the mighty Vols run out on the football field on a chilly autumn afternoon?

Did you ever see the Chicago skyline from Lakeshore Drive at night or the New England foliage in the fall or the summer beauty of the Shenandoah valley or Indiana covered with new snow?

Did you ever see a herd of wild horses running free across the empty spaces of Nevada or caught a walleyed pike out of a cold Wisconsin stream, or marveled at the tall ships docked in the harbor at Baltimore?

Did you ever see the early morning dew sparkling on the bluegrass or the wind stir the wheat fields on a hot Kansas afternoon or drove the lonely stretches of old Route 66?

Have you ever heard the church bells peal their call to worship on a early Sunday in some small town in the deep South, or passed through the redwood forests as the sun was going down?

Have you ever been to Boise or Baxley or Beaufort or Billings? Have you ever passed through Sanford or Suffolk or San Angelo? Have you seen the falls at Niagara, the ice palace in St. Paul or the gateway to the west?

This then is America, the land God blesses with everything and no Eiffel Tower, no Taj Mahal, no Alps, nor Andes, no native hut, nor royal palace can rival her awesome beauty, her diverse population, her monolithic majesty. America the free, America the mighty, America the beautiful.

God Bless America

So, back on thread.

I'm a Brit who has lived in the States and have done a number of the things you mentioned.

I miss the US so much- you have such a wealth of riches.

Get off your butts and enjoy !
JayDee

America The Beautiful

Post by JayDee »

Favourite plce- Big Bend National Park, TX. Go there in the Spring, and the desert smells like a perfumery!
Samantha Cline

America The Beautiful

Post by Samantha Cline »

I Love America. I'm a History Buff! As a matter of fact I am going to be interviewing a Veteran from World War 2 On Monday. There Interview will be Posted on the Internet. I am so Excited!:D
guppy

America The Beautiful

Post by guppy »

there is nothing more beautiful than the site of a soft quiet snowstorm moving over the mountains of wyoming. see heards of antelope running through the valleys.

the landscape of new mexico. the site of all the paper lanterns lit up at night when you pass the gorgeious adobe houses in the hills.

the site of the indian reservations in new mexico.

the old forts in florida built along the beaches. it is a walk back in time.

the site of the sunrise in the keys. the sun peeking up over the water. the sunsets are just as breathtaking.

the thunderstorms that move in around houston at night. watching the lightning flash over and over is awe inspiring. the power almost humbling but very beautiful

going into the okeefenokee swamp by boat. right in the middle of it you can imagine you are the only person on the planet such is the quietness and majesty of the swamp.

god bless america and all its diversity.....:)

Return to “United States”