Happy 4th of July weeked to my neighbours!

Odie

Post by Odie »

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend with family, friends, events and fireworks!

what have you got planned?

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Happy 4th of July, Odie.

Just a nice BBQ on the old George Foreman, hamburgers. :)
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Happy 4th of July :yh_flag

BBQing split chickens, hot sausage, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. We have company in for the weekend, from Florida and Wyoming. Playing lots of horseshoes and volleyball. :-6
Peg

Post by Peg »

Going to my niece's party today. I was supposed to take devilled eggs. I'll do anything to get out of cooking, won't I? Everyone have a happy, safe weekend.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1320465 wrote: Happy 4th of July, Odie.

Just a nice BBQ on the old George Foreman, hamburgers. :)

Canada doesn't celebrate it, its just for the US, that's why I said my neighbors!:-4

mmmmmmmm BBQ's are great, enjoy!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1320467 wrote: Happy 4th of July :yh_flag

BBQing split chickens, hot sausage, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill. We have company in for the weekend, from Florida and Wyoming. Playing lots of horseshoes and volleyball. :-6

oh lovely Mustang, I love BBQ burgers!:-6

You and Babe must really be enjoying your company and the games.:guitarist

have a great time!:yh_party
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1320471 wrote: Going to my niece's party today. I was supposed to take devilled eggs. I'll do anything to get out of cooking, won't I? Everyone have a happy, safe weekend.

oh how lovely Peg, omg....devilled eggs are sooooooooooo good!

enjoy your day!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1320492 wrote: You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

that it is.:guitarist
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

along-for-the-ride;1320492 wrote: You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

Thanks for the beautiful flag and beautiful sentiment. I still cry with pride every time I hear the National Anthem played, standing with my hand on my breast. Usually it was at a rodeo in Wyoming. This year friends will be BBQ ing all kinds of stuff, ribs, chicken, carne asada, burgers and I've been asked to make potato salad, macaroni salad, deviled eggs & Pig Pickin' Cake.

Thank you too, Odie, for your good wishes. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1320507 wrote: Thanks for the beautiful flag and beautiful sentiment. I still cry with pride every time I hear the National Anthem played, standing with my hand on my breast. Usually it was at a rodeo in Wyoming. This year friends will be BBQ ing all kinds of stuff, ribs, chicken, carne asada, burgers and I've been asked to make potato salad, macaroni salad, deviled eggs & Pig Pickin' Cake.

Thank you too, Odie, for your good wishes. :-6

your welcome Zap, enjoy your BBQ with your friends!:-6

what is pig pickin' cake?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Odie;1320515 wrote: your welcome Zap, enjoy your BBQ with your friends!:-6

what is pig pickin' cake?

It's a scrumptious cake my mama in Kansas taught me how to make. It involves mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, whipped topping, vanilla pudding & yellow cake. My people can't decide if they like that better or Better than Sex Cake, (or Better Than Romance if you're in a prudish or religious crowd.) :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1320524 wrote: It's a scrumptious cake my mama in Kansas taught me how to make. It involves mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, whipped topping, vanilla pudding & yellow cake. My people can't decide if they like that better or Better than Sex Cake, (or Better Than Romance if you're in a prudish or religious crowd.) :-6

Oh Zaptata, it sounds sooooooooooooo yummy!

sounds better than sex to me!:yh_rotfl
Peg

Post by Peg »

I had such a wonderful day today. Families who don't get along and who are into drama just don't know what they are missing. I spent the day with hubby, my son and his girlfriend, my daughter, all 3 of my nieces, 2 of their husbands, my great nephew, and both my sisters, along with a bunch of friends. What a wonderful, wonderful day.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Happy 4th of July everyone! We did a sampling of all of the above. :-) Weather wasn't necessarily what we wanted - but we had fun none-the-less. And regardless of weather, I ate way more than I should!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Tombstone;1320862 wrote: Happy 4th of July everyone! We did a sampling of all of the above. :-) Weather wasn't necessarily what we wanted - but we had fun none-the-less. And regardless of weather, I ate way more than I should!

We ate to much July 1st, Canada's Birthday, its just normal, then you feel like a stuffed pig.:wah:

Sounds like everyone had a great time, BBQ's are the best!:guitarist

Return to “United States”