Khalid Sheikh Mohammad Trial

spot

Post by spot »

The trial date has been announced. 11th January 2021. What we in the trade call fifteen months from now.

What is scandalous is that the trial will be performed - note my hint toward scripted theater - at Guantanamo Bay instead of in a public courthouse where it would be open to scrutiny.

This is a show trial. The very name "Camp Justice" ought to be enough to have the trial aborted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49532731
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I would have thought that it would be far more effcient and of course, speedy, to just top him and feed him to the pigs (American ones of course). Job done and body disposed of - neat and tidy.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1524821 wrote: I would have thought that it would be far more effcient and of course, speedy, to just top him and feed him to the pigs (American ones of course). Job done and body disposed of - neat and tidy.

I'm sure there are many people who think as you do, Khalid Sheikh Mohammad being foremost of those who would vote for your enlightened proposal given the chance.

I (and he, as he has already explained) can think of little that would more effectively inspire a new generation to support asymmetrical conflict, much as the continued existence of the Guantanamo Bay prisoner of war camp has already done.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

G#Gill;1524821 wrote: I would have thought that it would be far more effcient and of course, speedy, to just top him and feed him to the pigs (American ones of course). Job done and body disposed of - neat and tidy.

An expedient solution, yes.

Return to “Crimes Trials”