Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of 1972 murder | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well der nothing knew here. Do you know how many times he's been questioned over this?
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1452956 wrote: Well der nothing knew here. Do you know how many times he's been questioned over this?


Well der

No... he was questioned back In the 1970's. Since then he's been quite free to persue his political stance.

You are wrong... He was Imprisoned In 1972 for allegedly being a member of the IRA. He was Imprisoned again In 1973 and 1976... he bagan his political career In 1983.... perhaps you need to do a little more research ?

Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams held over 1972 Jean McConville killing | Politics | theguardian.com
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

How can a person be wrong over something they didn't say?

I said "over this" . And he has voluntarily spoken to police many times.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1452981 wrote: How can a person be wrong over something they didn't say?

I said "over this" . And he has voluntarily spoken to police many times. No he hasn't. He has dodged difficult questions by media for years. He has not been formally arrested and Interviewed under caution by police simply because a previous Inquiry held the proviso that no details would be released until after all Involved were dead which Is now. The FBI on behalf of the Police service of Northern Ireland only applied to US courts to hand the tapes over last year. Thus they were unable to access them for the Intention of an arrest until now. It would have been Impossible to use any of that evidence until now, so no, he has not been questioned ' many times ' as you put It.

Media throwing difficult questions at him since his last Imprisonment In 1976 Is a million miles away from ' Do you know how many times he's been questioned over this' ? If that were remotely true, he'd have been arrested between 1976 and 2014 In connection with the woman's murder In order for him to be presented with witness accounts that held a proviso and also to be Interviewed under caution.

As I said, a little more research perhaps?

Unless of course, you have factual documented evidence of an arrest and questioning by police from 1976 to 2014 In relation to this particular murder?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm well aware of the Boston Files and tapes.. Who cares? All it means is that England once again goes back on the good Friday agreement. Expected really. and you're anti IRA so it doesn't matter what you say it's mute.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1452997 wrote: I'm well aware of the Boston Files and tapes.. Who cares? All it means is that England once again goes back on the good Friday agreement. Expected really. and you're anti IRA so it doesn't matter what you say it's mute. So no, actual documented, factual evidence of an Interview under caution by police In connection to her murder between 1976 and 2014 then? No evidence to support ' He's been questioned over this many times ' either ?

Yep

Weather you are pro IRA or anti-IRA, It's Irrelevant. The Good Friday agreement does not cover murderers.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

We all know how England acted to turn every war killing into a "murder" and not an act of war. We all know about the hunger strikes and Thatchers bullshit and broken promises, she has more blood on her hands and those of the British armed forces in the north of Ireland than either of the loyalists or the Ra.

Mr Adams has never been charged with membership of the IRA.

He was, however, interned in 1972 under the controversial Special Powers Act, but briefly released in order that he could take part in talks in London between representatives of Sinn Fein and the then Home Secretary Willie Whitela


BBC News - Gerry Adams arrest: Sinn Féin claims 'dark side' to NI police
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453000 wrote: We all know how England acted to turn every war killing into a "murder" and not an act of war. We all know about the hunger strikes and Thatchers bullshit and broken promises, she has more blood on her hands and those of the British armed forces in the north of Ireland than either of the loyalists or the Ra.



BBC News - Gerry Adams arrest: Sinn Féin claims 'dark side' to NI police


If you can offer me a a reasoned explanation of how dragging a Mother, who for her sins attended a wounded soldier In the street, out of her home In front of her children and murdering her In cold blood by up to eight hooded thugs Into ' an act of war', I'll listen.

His arrest Is In relation to witness accounts being obtained by the FBI after the proviso was up. The fact that we are nearing a general election and that being ' the dark side' Is fantasy. Adams has been a politician since the 80's....
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

**** happens in War . It would take centuries to go through everything that happens in a war. You're just biased.

The Proviso wasn't up ...it was a court decision in another country that had those tapes released . Shafted again.

The Boston College tapes are a series of candid, confessional interviews with former loyalist and republican paramilitaries, designed to be an oral history of the Troubles.

The paramilitaries were told the tapes would only be made public after their deaths.

However, after a series of court cases in the United States, some of the content has been handed over to the authorities.


Bell doesn't look very dead to me.

BBC News - Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams held over Jean McConville murder
User avatar
theia
Posts: 8243
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by theia »

Oscar Mate;1453002 wrote: If you can offer me a a reasoned explanation of how dragging a Mother, who for her sins attended a wounded soldier In the street, out of her home In front of her children and murdering her In cold blood by up to eight hooded thugs Into ' an act of war', I'll listen.

His arrest Is In relation to witness accounts being obtained by the FBI after the proviso was up. The fact that we are nearing a general election and that being ' the dark side' Is fantasy. Adams has been a politician since the 80's....


I saw old footage of the 10 children after their mother had been taken away, and also a recent interview with one of the sons. Perhaps it'll never be known who was responsible for this, but what an horrific action it was.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Definately Theia. And on top of that, if they got it wrong, even worse. But it has to be put into perspective and context as well. It was extremely common for people to be dragged from their homes, and their homes literally destroyed, most ended up interned.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453010 wrote: Definately Theia. And on top of that, if they got it wrong, even worse. But it has to be put into perspective and context as well. It was extremely common for people to be dragged from their homes, and their homes literally destroyed, most ended up interned. So I'll ask again... how does up to eight hooded thugs dragging a Mother from her home In front of her children and murdering her constitute ' an act of war ' or Indeed how would you put that Into ' perspective and context' ?

What exactly Is the perspective and context of her murder? Or Is what you actually mean... The British Army killed IRA members so that makes It OK to slaughter an Innocent mother of 10 children.?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

theia;1453006 wrote: I saw old footage of the 10 children after their mother had been taken away, and also a recent interview with one of the sons. Perhaps it'll never be known who was responsible for this, but what an horrific action it was. I think they've always known Theia. The problem was reprisals on those who knew and could testify hence the proviso that public access to witness's could not be used until the last was dead.

Her children certainly have a right to closure. I hope they get It and when they do, reinstate the death penalty.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by gmc »

fuzzywuzzy;1452997 wrote: I'm well aware of the Boston Files and tapes.. Who cares? All it means is that England once again goes back on the good Friday agreement. Expected really. and you're anti IRA so it doesn't matter what you say it's mute.


They dragged a woman out of her house a slaughtered her and beat her oldest child of 11 and threatened to kill him and his family if he told anyone who they were. In what way do you think that was the action of romantic freedom fighters? In what way is it romantic to kneecap teenagers for unacceptable behavior? when hamas do the same in the gaza strip are they romantic freedom fighters or a terrorist organisation?

Do you think terrorism is always justified when it's done in the cause of freedom?
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453003 wrote: **** happens in War . It would take centuries to go through everything that happens in a war. You're just biased.

r[/url]


Biased ?

War ?

No, I am not biased although frankly I don't give a flying fox If I am. However, unlike you Fuzz who has wasted months of her middle aged life sitting on a forum with Sinn Féin wannabe's and supporters because you have some romantic visage of heroic freedom fighters, I actually studied the History of the IRA as part of my college studies years ago. There we were presented with facts and encouraged to come to our own conclusions. I have not like you, sat on some forum listening to half baked, re-inventions of the past by people on a different continent.

Because frankly, If you really believe that ' The Troubles' and It's sectarian violence was a war and that The Good Friday Agreement gave amnesty to civilian murders during the Troubles, god alone knows what further rubbish you have been fed.

Perhaps you really have no clue as to why even most decent Northern Irish people despise the IRA.

The IRA actually began In 1900 much earlier than most believe and It was a Catholic Nationalist Organisation similar to that of the EDL In England. It was only In 1969 that It splintered Into several factions. Now they are all turning on each other, which one do you support ?

If any faction of the IRA be It the OIRA, PIRA, RIRA or the CIRA saw the Troubles as ' War' as you put It then I can actually go along with understanding the targets of some atrocities seeing as at the time, their objective was to create a unified Ireland rather than British rule In Northern Ireland and was to get rid of British Armed Forces In Northern Ireland. The British Army being a target I can understand. Margaret Thatcher who refused to pander to terrorist hunger strikers and letting them die In 1981, I can understand. Military bases I can understand. That's not always the case though. Along with dragging Innocent Mothers out of their homes and murdering them In cold blood, bombings on our mainland England were not targeting the British Army nor It's bases.

Kings Cross 1973 targeted Innocent train passengers.

The Hilton Hotel 1975 targeted Innocent hotel guests.

Harrods 1983 targeted Innocent shoppers Including children.

Enniskillen 1987 targeted Innocent people Including children visiting a war memorial on Rembrance Sunday

1993 Warrington targeted Innocent shoppers Including killing a 3 yr old and a 10 yr old child.

Canary Wharf 1996 targeted Innocent office workers.

Omagh 1998 targeted Innocent shoppers Including a pregnant woman.

I have left out the Brighton bomb targeting Thatcher and her Cabinet and others on Checkpoints and even Hyde Park. As I said, I can partially understand those.

But pregnant women ??? Three and 12 year old children ???

So what were they then Fuzzy ? Collateral damage due to ' The War' ???

It was no war, It was mindless, senseless violence against Innocent women and children who were In fact easy and safe targets. There Is nothing remotely romantic, freedom fighting or heroic about It. It was and Is nothing short of cowardice In the extreme. Thugs who didn't even have the balls to show their spineless faces while carrying out the murderous acts.

War Is targeting the enemy not children and Innocent people and If you really believe that fighting for freedom means going Into a busy London street and targeting Innocent shoppers, then there Is something wrong with you.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Bruv »

Only thing I can think of saying is.......Dresden.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1453089 wrote: Only thing I can think of saying is.......Dresden. Of course but no-one here Is trying to justify Dresden and turn bombers Into romantic freedom fighters.

Within a world war, one can look for cause and effect.

The IRA started as a Nationalist Party with the objective of a unified Ireland over the British rule of Northern Ireland. What that turned Into during the mid 60's when they splintered was nothing short of a campaign of unjustified violence.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by gmc »

It always puzzles me that pro ira people like fuzzywuzzy and some in the states seem to be under the delusion that the ira actually have mass support in ireland and some are unaware that the irish republic exists and the English no longer have any troops there.

The Irish Civil War – A brief overview | The Irish Story

The UDA started in 1971 and are just as big a bunch of hypocritical murdering thugs as the ira attacking mainly unarmed civilians. Anyone who thinks this isn't about religion is kidding themselves.
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Bruv »

Our involvement in Irish history goes way way back, long before 1960's, and it is messy to say the least.

It's only fairly recent historically that bias in the electoral system was corrected.

Partitioning doesn't work. Ireland is the British Palestine and Ukraine, rolled into one.

Historical wrongs take a long time to put right.

It all gets confused when criminals get involved and take advantage of the situation.

Talking of cause and effect, we are still reaping the effects of our colonial past, religion, and bad judgements.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1453092 wrote: It always puzzles me that pro ira people like fuzzywuzzy and some in the states seem to be under the delusion that the ira actually have mass support in ireland and some are unaware that the irish republic exists and the English no longer have any troops there.

The Irish Civil War – A brief overview | The Irish Story

The UDA started in 1971 and are just as big a bunch of hypocritical murdering thugs as the ira attacking mainly unarmed civilians. Anyone who thinks this isn't about religion is kidding themselves. I totally agree with you. Since 1972, hundreds of UDA members are serving life sentences for murder and violent offences, In the main against civilians.

It's always been about religion and exactly why bombing London train stations and shops Is so futile when the dead are of both Catholic and Protestant along with other nationalities caught up In It. That's why IRA bombings were never about targeting the enemy they claimed as their cause ie British Armed Forces but just mindless violence to hold Thatcher to ransom.

It's why even the people of Northern Ireland have nothing but contempt for them and their backers and supporters. Every bomb targeting civilians actually set back the Peace Process In Ireland and they knew It. Not only did they know It, they continued to target civilians... a Unified Ireland my arsse.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

gmc;1453081 wrote: They dragged a woman out of her house a slaughtered her and beat her oldest child of 11 and threatened to kill him and his family if he told anyone who they were. In what way do you think that was the action of romantic freedom fighters? In what way is it romantic to kneecap teenagers for unacceptable behavior? when hamas do the same in the gaza strip are they romantic freedom fighters or a terrorist organisation?

Do you think terrorism is always justified when it's done in the cause of freedom?


Ummmmmm Who said Romantic? Since when were freedom fighters romantic ya effing twat? Why am I being accused for the second time in this thread for saying something I haven't? Get off the drugs man!!! Although I think the new 'Reals' have some if you want them .

Oh and btw people were kneecapped when they did something wrong and drew unwanted attention to others . and mostly they were warned not to do things again sometimes up to 6 times. Harsh justice I know but they were fighting a war. and that **** happens.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by gmc »

posted by fuzzywuzzy

We all know how England acted to turn every war killing into a "murder" and not an act of war. We all know about the hunger strikes and Thatchers bullshit and broken promises, she has more blood on her hands and those of the British armed forces in the north of Ireland than either of the loyalists or the Ra.




**** happens in War . It would take centuries to go through everything that happens in a war. You're just biased.

The Proviso wasn't up ...it was a court decision in another country that had those tapes released . Shafted again.


Since when were freedom fighters romantic ya effing twat?




throughout history.

You really do seem to think this is some kind of noble conflict that justifies the use of terror and the killing and maiming of women and children. You also dodged my question - if hamas or al queda do the same kind of thing are they terrorists or freedom fighters.

How about the brave protestants fighting to save their religion and country from the threat of domination by the catholic church which from their point iof view is what is at the back of it all. Ireland was partitioned because the protestants had made it clear they would go to war to prevent and the first irish government accepted that reality

Oh and btw people were kneecapped when they did something wrong and drew unwanted attention to others . and mostly they were warned not to do things again sometimes up to 6 times. Harsh justice I know but they were fighting a war. and that **** happens.


Yeah right. How would you react to vigilante gang crippling one of your neighbors children just because he was a bit wild? You do understand kneecapping was not something you ever recovered from you were crippled for life.

Sod it, if you can find it in your heart to justify that kind of atrocity and can't see it as an unspeakable act designed to terrorise a population I'm not going to waste any more time talking to you.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1453107 wrote: posted by fuzzywuzzy







throughout history.

You really do seem to think this is some kind of noble conflict that justifies the use of terror and the killing and maiming of women and children. You also dodged my question - if hamas or al queda do the same kind of thing are they terrorists or freedom fighters.

How about the brave protestants fighting to save their religion and country from the threat of domination by the catholic church which from their point iof view is what is at the back of it all. Ireland was partitioned because the protestants had made it clear they would go to war to prevent and the first irish government accepted that reality



Yeah right. How would you react to vigilante gang crippling one of your neighbors children just because he was a bit wild? You do understand kneecapping was not something you ever recovered from you were crippled for life.

Sod it, if you can find it in your heart to justify that kind of atrocity and can't see it as an unspeakable act designed to terrorise a population I'm not going to waste any more time talking to you.


Fuzzy has also dodged my questions and she will continue dodging them ( yer effing twat ) :wah: For the simple reason that joining an IRA supporters forum as she did does not actually give you enough fact In order to debate sensibly. They think throwing up the odd key word such as ' Good Friday Agreement', Thatcher or Peace Process, It makes them sound authorities on the subject.

The Irony with that Is I have a damn good memory and remember Fuzzy crying her eyes out on this forum when Al Qaeda killed 88 Australians In the Bali bombing. In fact, I particually remember her exaltation when Imam Samudra, Amrozi Nurhasyim and Huda bin Abdul Haq were executed by firing squad.

I noted her her reference and hatred toward Thatcher for all her sins for refusing to pander to hunger strikers. Perhaps Fuzzy Is one of those females who also joined the Bobby Sands fan club, I don't know.

Yet, hypocritical In the extreme eh ? Thatcher would never negotiate with terrorists and let them die. This apparently justifies bombing the Grand Hotel In my home town to kill Thatcher and her Cabinet. But again, Innocent hotel workers were caught up In It, Including my ex husband, a Fireman who specialised In chemical and electrical fires.

So although I am In no doubt Fuzzy will dodge the questions again, how about this ?

So she relished In the joy at the executions of the Bali bombers because It killed 88 Australians but how would she have felt If our governments Instead had stepped In and negotiated with Jemaah Islamiah, a terrorist cell of Al Qaeda? After all, that's what pro IRA supporters believe Thatcher should have done. Is she all for our governments to negotiate with Al Qaeda even Hamas or does that just apply when Australians get blown up ? I think we know the answer. Maybe those 88 dead Australians were Collateral damage to the war eh Fuzzy ?

That's why Pro IRA supporters are uneducated morons bereft of fact, history and understanding and will never be able to justify blowing up civilian children In shopping Malls even If they lived to be 500 years old.

eta.... Here's another one Fuzzy but I am sure you will dodge this also. If by your reckoning deaths of Innocent children and civilians should be put Into perspective In ' the war' then what your saying Is, we should also give amnesty to the British Army for opening fire and killing 26 Innocent civilians In Bogside In 1972 ? So we let Gerry Adams off and we allow the British Army off also ? Yeah right !!!!

As for Gerry Adams, I don't actually think much will come of It. I don't know what Is on those tapes the FBI has released but I am doubting he'll be charged... what do you think Auld Yin ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by gmc »

Oscar Mate;1453109 wrote: Fuzzy has also dodged my questions and she will continue dodging them ( yer effing twat ) :wah: For the simple reason that joining an IRA supporters forum as she did does not actually give you enough fact In order to debate sensibly. They think throwing up the odd key word such as ' Good Friday Agreement', Thatcher or Peace Process, It makes them sound authorities on the subject.

The Irony with that Is I have a damn good memory and remember Fuzzy crying her eyes out on this forum when Al Qaeda killed 88 Australians In the Bali bombing. In fact, I particually remember her exaltation when Imam Samudra, Amrozi Nurhasyim and Huda bin Abdul Haq were executed by firing squad.

I noted her her reference and hatred toward Thatcher for all her sins for refusing to pander to hunger strikers. Perhaps Fuzzy Is one of those females who also joined the Bobby Sands fan club, I don't know.

Yet, hypocritical In the extreme eh ? Thatcher would never negotiate with terrorists and let them die. This apparently justifies bombing the Grand Hotel In my home town to kill Thatcher and her Cabinet. But again, Innocent hotel workers were caught up In It, Including my ex husband, a Fireman who specialised In chemical and electrical fires.

So although I am In no doubt Fuzzy will dodge the questions again, how about this ?

So she relished In the joy at the executions of the Bali bombers because It killed 88 Australians but how would she have felt If our governments Instead had stepped In and negotiated with Jemaah Islamiah, a terrorist cell of Al Qaeda? After all, that's what pro IRA supporters believe Thatcher should have done. Is she all for our governments to negotiate with Al Qaeda even Hamas or does that just apply when Australians get blown up ? I think we know the answer. Maybe those 88 dead Australians were Collateral damage to the war eh Fuzzy ?

That's why Pro IRA supporters are uneducated morons bereft of fact, history and understanding and will never be able to justify blowing up civilian children In shopping Malls even If they lived to be 500 years old.

As for Gerry Adams, I don't actually think much will come of It. I don't know what Is on those tapes the FBI has released but I am doubting he'll be charged... what do you think Auld Yin ?


Can't say i totally agree with you mysterious oscar person. The only way it will end is if people can forgive and forget atrocities from both sides I just cannot see it anytime soon. I don't know if gerry adams was involved in any killing directly but he must have known who was involved - so must ian paisley et al on the protestant side. If you could just stop religion getting in the way of peace but no one seems to see this as the result of religious bigotry that is perpetuating itself.

It would end in a generation if they ended separate schooling and mixed all the children together and kept religion out of the classroom but in the name of religious freedom we allow separate schools - just got worse thanks to tony blair and his academies now we have islam added in to the mix. Cameron was wrong we are not a christian nation we are a secular one for the simple reason that when we were a christian nation the carnage was so appalling we ended up with a tacit agreement that we should all leave each to their own.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1453111 wrote: Can't say i totally agree with you mysterious oscar person. The only way it will end is if people can forgive and forget atrocities from both sides I just cannot see it anytime soon. I don't know if gerry adams was involved in any killing directly but he must have known who was involved - so must ian paisley et al on the protestant side. If you could just stop religion getting in the way of peace but no one seems to see this as the result of religious bigotry that is perpetuating itself.

It would end in a generation if they ended separate schooling and mixed all the children together and kept religion out of the classroom but in the name of religious freedom we allow separate schools - just got worse thanks to tony blair and his academies now we have islam added in to the mix. Cameron was wrong we are not a christian nation we are a secular one for the simple reason that when we were a christian nation the carnage was so appalling we ended up with a tacit agreement that we should all leave each to their own.


I agree effing twat.

The Irony being of course Is that England Is heading the exact same way with segregation In schools. It could In many years to come turn Into another Ireland and the EDL becoming the IRA.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

LOL I'll just let you two get on with it and come back when you've finished.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453134 wrote: LOL I'll just let you two get on with it and come back when you've finished. Come back when you've read a little on the subject and understand that the Good Friday Agreement does not cover civilian murders along with understanding that Gerry Adams has not been questioned by police over that particular murder ' many times '.

Come back when you have an explanation as to why the IRA targeted train stations, hotels, war memorials, and why they blew Innocent children to pieces. Then we'll pay attention to you.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

go on ..get it all out of your system . I'll correct you later. :)
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453137 wrote: go on ..get it all out of your system . I'll correct you later. :) I think what you really mean Is... I can't answer these questions so can you give me some time so I can ask on the Sinn Féin forum ?

Because surely If you had the answers yourself, you would have given them off pat by now. Why the wait ?

I think we know.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1453111 wrote: Can't say i totally agree with you mysterious oscar person.




Tell you what effin twat :wah:

Why don't we have a sing song while we're waiting to be corrected ?

A nice little American Pro IRA ditty while we wait about the bombing of my home town. You can even spot crew from my ex husbands brigade In the film...



All together now

the ira brighton bomb - YouTube
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Gerry Adams has been released without charge although a file has been sent to the CPS...

Gerry Adams to be released from custody - RTÉ News
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Gerry Adams arrested .......under the heading Crimes and trials...well he was arrested held for four days not charged with a crime. Isn't on trial ....nuff said.

Maybe he can get on with the elections in a couple of weeks and get on with government stuff. :)

Oh and the reason I won't get sucked in to your questions is because I believe they are absurd under the circumstances of this arrest.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1453178 wrote: Gerry Adams arrested .......under the heading Crimes and trials...well he was arrested held for four days not charged with a crime. Isn't on trial ....nuff said.

Maybe he can get on with the elections in a couple of weeks and get on with government stuff. :)

Oh and the reason I won't get sucked in to your questions is because I believe they are absurd under the circumstances of this arrest. If you actually bothered to read the link provided, bothered to listen to news reports on the subject you profess to be an authority on, you will note the emphasis on ' A file has been handed to the CPS ( British Crown Prosecution ). Read a little further and you'll find that British police have as often the norm, handed all Info to the CPS and It will be their decision as to If he Is charged In connection with the murder. If you knew anything about the way British policing works, you'd understand that Police hand Information to the CPS In order for them to make the decision as to wether there Is a realistic possibility of getting a conviction.

It Is far from over for Gerry Adams until the CPS have made the decision to take him to trial or not. What they will do, Is weigh up all the evidence and If they believe they can get a conviction, then they will charge him. I thought you understood the British system a little better and would have realised that. If the CPS, possibly believe that witness's would be In danger or refuse to testify, he may well go without charge. However, he Is not off the hook yet as you seem to believe.

All It means Is that the actual police have run out of question time and are letting the CPS judge wether a conviction Is possible. British police can only hold a suspect for 36 hours without charge without applying to a Magistrate for further detention. Understand, he was held for a civilian murder and not terrorist charges where you can be held for 28 days. It Is standard practice for police to have no choice but to release a suspect after 36 hours and hand the decision to the CPS.

Frankly, I don't care If he's charged or not. What most are concerned with, Is that what was a civilian murder does not go forgotten and without justice.

The questions put to you are perfectly reasonable given that you share an IRA support forum and are an IRA sympathiser.

It's perfectly reasonable to ask you how you justify blowing up a three year old child and pregnant woman In what you believe was a war.

It's perfectly reasonable to call Into question the misinformation you have given In your posts.

It's perfectly reasonable to call you a steaming hypocrite when you have expressed your anger at the Bali bombers here who killed Australians yet you seem to think children murdered by the IRA were collateral damage and need ' putting Into perspective'.

It's also perfectly reasonable to call you a hypocrite when you have also posted on this forum your sorrow at the loss of life to Australian Firefighters In your Bush fires yet seem to accept the nice trick the IRA had of setting off a secondry bomb In order to kill firefighters and police on my mainland.

Finally, It's perfectly reasonable for gmc and myself who have both experienced living through sectarian violence and witnessing It first hand and you growing up In the safe outback on another continent to think you are deluded.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Posted by Fuzzywuzzy

I'm well aware of the Boston Files and tapes.. Who cares?

The children who saw their Mother taken away In the night and murdered care.

I sincerely hope that you never lose one of your children Fuzzy. That may just come back and bite you on the bum.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Don't just take my word for It.... Taken from tomorrow mornings newspapers.

' The threat of charges over the murder of Mrs McConville still hang over the Sinn Fein leader.

He also faces possible prosecution for alleged membership of the IRA after being quizzed by detectives over his suspected role in the terrorist network at the height of the Troubles.



A file will now be sent to Northern Ireland’s Public Prosecution Service, which will decide whether to charge Adams.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z30nMmSQhA

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: Gerry Adams goes free... and he says HE is the victim: Family of murdered widow Jean McConville demand justice as leader of Sinn Fein blames his arrest on 'sinister' British forces | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Oh what an Irony !!!

Gerry Adams Warned Of 'Credible Death Threat'
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Bruv »

Sinn Féin sources last night claimed Gerry Adams had yet to be questioned on any substantially new material on the Jean McConville murder.

For a problem that has lasted so long they don't seem to learn much......Polish Homes attacked

Only time will heal the mind set, all the divisions and suspicions that have built up.

Amazingly it is only in the late 60's that one man one vote put Catholics on an even footing.

Many of the problems seem to be hardwired into their phsyche, there most definately was institutionalised bias and segregation on every level through housing, employment, schooling.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1453255 wrote: Sinn Féin sources last night claimed Gerry Adams had yet to be questioned on any substantially new material on the Jean McConville murder.

For a problem that has lasted so long they don't seem to learn much......Polish Homes attacked

Only time will heal the mind set, all the divisions and suspicions that have built up.

Amazingly it is only in the late 60's that one man one vote put Catholics on an even footing.

Many of the problems seem to be hardwired into their phsyche, there most definately was institutionalised bias and segregation on every level through housing, employment, schooling.


Taken from the article..

While declining to go on the record, sources within the party claimed there was “growing anger” in working-class areas in places such as west Belfast and Tyrone '

Sums It up really.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by Oscar Namechange »

[QUOTE=Bruv;1453255]Sinn Féin sources last night claimed Gerry Adams had yet to be questioned on any substantially new material on the Jean McConville murder.

For a problem that has lasted so long they don't seem to learn much......Polish Homes attacked

Only time will heal the mind set, all the divisions and suspicions that have built up.

Amazingly it is only in the late 60's that one man one vote put Catholics on an even footing.

Many of the problems seem to be hardwired into their phsyche, there most definately was institutionalised bias and segregation on every level through housing, employment, schooling.[/QUOTE

Especially during the depression of the 30's, Protestants were favoured over Catholics In social housing, jobs, schools etc.

The Polish attacks are nothing new... a 2009 article



Racism and violence in Northern Ireland: Romanian Roma driven out of Belfast

Possibly a link between the attacks and some Loyalist Paramilitaries. It's always been alleged that the UDA had links to the National Front.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
High Threshold
Posts: 2856
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:20 am

Gerry Adams arrested on suspicion of Murder

Post by High Threshold »

Gerry Adams: Slice it any way you like. I do not like that smug man. I'm sure he thinks of himself as a white Nelson Mandela. He reminds me of Ghaddifi with his "camera/interview face" on.

Return to “Crimes Trials”