Let the looting begin

Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Ahso! »

I'm calling out a person for what appears to be racist views and he is doing exactly what racists do when a light is shown on them by hiding behind others. If I'm wrong, let Dog prove I'm wrong by explaining his comments.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Ahso! »

And as for Scrat: you're right, he's made some pretty vile comments in this thread. However, unlike Dog, he's actually attempted to set the record straight with clarification. Scrat might not be the most level headed person, but at least he's got balls and integrity. You can't attribute either to the author of the OP of this thread so far.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1432037 wrote: And as for Scrat: you're right, he's made some pretty vile comments in this thread. However, unlike Dog, he's actually attempted to set the record straight with clarification. Scrat might not be the most level headed person, but at least he's got balls and integrity. You can't attribute either to the author of the OP of this thread so far.


Why should Tude set the record straight when It's only you demanding that he does?

You don't get It do you?

You carry on with the Insults while Tude has shown restraint and something you lack, dignity.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1432039 wrote: Why should Tude set the record straight when It's only you demanding that he does?

You don't get It do you?

You carry on with the Insults while Tude has shown restraint and something you lack, dignity.Off topic! Going back on your word too, Oscar? Perhaps you should have kept quiet earlier. Restraint is something you seem to lack.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

This line in the opening post should shed some light on whether tude dog is racist, it appears he is defending their intelligence and questioning the content of the video.Am I the only one who considers this patronizing? Is the African American community one which should be address as juveniles/adolescents?
There is no doubt in my mind that there are 'issues' between black and white, world wide, let alone in the US and UK.

I say this as a white man married to a black African.......woman, just for information purposes.

There doesn't have to be blatant, in your face, overt KKK type behaviours to show that it's true.

Even amongst second, third and fourth generation UK West Indian descendants there are cultural differences, some more subtle than skin colour.

The definition of a racism here is apparently, whether the 'victim' believes it to be racist.

So if you have spent a life time amongst whites who mention your tan or your kinky hair, or in isolation amongst fellow blacks, there is a sensitivity of perception concerning race and racial tensions.........................and that is a fact, like it or not.

I don't believe America has solved it, and neither has the UK. A few laws cannot change anything, only time and the slow education process can alter peoples hearts minds and attitudes.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1432041 wrote: Off topic! Going back on your word too, Oscar? Perhaps you should have kept quiet earlier. Restraint is something you seem to lack.


I don't give a flying feck If I am off topic or what you think.

As I said, Tude has shown restraint and dignity but I couldn't give a feck If I haven't/

You are a parasite on this forum.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1432042 wrote: This line in the opening post should shed some light on whether tude dog is racist, it appears he is defending their intelligence and questioning the content of the video.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are 'issues' between black and white, world wide, let alone in the US and UK.

I say this as a white man married to a black African.......woman, just for information purposes.

There doesn't have to be blatant, in your face, overt KKK type behaviours to show that it's true.

Even amongst second, third and fourth generation UK West Indian descendants there are cultural differences, some more subtle than skin colour.

The definition of a racism here is apparently, whether the 'victim' believes it to be racist.

So if you have spent a life time amongst whites who mention your tan or your kinky hair, or in isolation amongst fellow blacks, there is a sensitivity of perception concerning race and racial tensions.........................and that is a fact, like it or not.

I don't believe America has solved it, and neither has the UK. A few laws cannot change anything, only time and the slow education process can alter peoples hearts minds and attitudes.


I have found with Black youth In the UK over the years that there Is a real sense of Injustice, unfairness, what ever we call It. Do you remember when the catch phrase by any black youth when stopped by police was " Is It cos I's black ". I think much of It Is from the fact that they are 3rd or 4th generation Immigrants and although British born and British citizens, somehow they still feel that we view them as less Important or Inferior.

I also believe that's why we have so much black gang crime In deprived area's because a gang Is where they feel a sense of belonging.

How we change that, i am not sure but I do not believe that as a whole, our country Is not racist towards blacks...There Is far more aggro between Afro-Caribbean and Muslims In some area's.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

I wonder if it was racist of me to tell a Mexican co-worker how brown he got after being at the lake all weekend. Even though he was.

This discussion is getting ridiculous.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

oscar;1432024 wrote: If you can't see It then I am not explaining It.

You may think your criticisms are legitimate but they are not. For one, you are making accusations that his Intentions are racist. Then you go on to bully him Into explaining his motives, so for two, who the hell are you, In that he has to explain himself to you?

Judging by other posts throughout this thread, no-one else believes he has said anything remotely racist, In fact, Scrat's posts were far harsher than TD's. Historically on this forum, you have trolled Tude Dog and Half way paraphrasing their every word whilst Ignoring other posts by other members. You have actually offered nothing to the debate other than disect TD's posts. Your criticisms are not criticisms of the topic but criticisms of exactly what one member has written and there Is a world of difference between the two.

You have made accusations, you have Insulted him by questioning his lack of Intelligence because you appointed yourself the Forum Garden education board and you have also appointed yourself spokesperson for all other members reading this thread by falsely claiming he had Insulted everyone here. That Is baiting, trolling and an attempt to bully him.

I am not defending TD per say but the manner in which you present yourself here.


Thank you oscar, you did a lot to describe his attacks on me. I never put him put him on "ignore". I enjoy a silent satisfaction reading his new ploys to lure me into responding to his taunts. I already spent way to much time on him.

Actually, I am fascinated with his obsession that he would spend so much time/energy stalking.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1432004 wrote:

Big cultural difference there and and rather a moot point I would have thought.

Zimmerman rather comes across as a wannabee thug ready to beat up anyone entering his turf who he thinks shouldn't be there and carries a gun to feed in to his ego. (well that's how it looks to me).


So you bought the prosecution's accusations hook line and sinker.

gmc;1432004 wrote: I think anyone from europe has a real difficulty understanding the american fascination with guns.Guns allow aggression where without them it would be tempered.


That is a common assertion here, not born out in fact.

gmc;1432004 wrote: Most teenage or young adults males have the potential to be thugs depending on the circumstances Martin trayon might have turned out OK we'll never know.


Fact is for no good reason he viciously attacked an innocent man and paid the price of his foolishness.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1432048 wrote: I wonder if it was racist of me to tell a Mexican co-worker how brown he got after being at the lake all weekend. Even though he was.

This discussion is getting ridiculous.


LOL

I spent most of my working life in factories which employed lots of Hispanics, at least 50% were Chicano (Mexican/American), immigrants etc. so it is no shock to learn that not just "some" my best friends were of Mexican decent, but like 50% of them.

A very close friend considered himself Chicano. My friend already had tan if you will and never had a problem teasing me after I returned from the beach on how tan I turned. He had no problem comparing white people to chameleons.

He liked taking his family camping, then it was payback time. Over all, my experience with Hispanics is we shared a common sense of humor.

Anyway that is my story.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
Patsy Warnick
Posts: 4567
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Tude Dog

I lift my glass to you....!

Cheers

Patsy
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1432059 wrote: Thank you oscar, you did a lot to describe his attacks on me. I never put him put him on "ignore". I enjoy a silent satisfaction reading his new ploys to lure me into responding to his taunts. I already spent way to much time on him.

Actually, I am fascinated with his obsession that he would spend so much time/energy stalking.Ah, you like playing the victim. Nobody's stalking, attacking or taunting you. You started a thread and wrote the OP in some sort of personal Morse code for which you were called on and you've had difficulty figuring out how to explain yourself by hiding behind acting like you were ignoring my posts. I'm the only person in this thread who has been on topic to try and pry from you the meaning of what you said, and you still haven't been forthcoming.

You finally admitted you didn't mean what you typed when you made your "gene-pool" comment and that you were talking in a riddle. It's anyone's guess why the author of a thread OP would do that, but in this case it appears either you didn't realize anyone would take interest in that aspect of your post or even pick up on it. That's why it's worth it to try and explain oneself clearly.

So what's the rest of the riddle? What does this mean? What do you mean by the last sentence?

tude dog;1431438 wrote: If George Zimmerman is found guilty, expect a lot of bitching, letter writing etc.

If George is acquitted, maybe expect looting and burning?

Well duh. Does night follow day?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Ahso! »

Patsy Warnick;1432070 wrote: Tude Dog

I lift my glass to you....!

Cheers

PatsyWhy Patsy, because he offered an excuse to your inquiry? Even though it was a lame excuse? That doesn't matter?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Bruv »

Bruv;1432042 wrote:

So if you have spent a life time amongst whites who mention your tan or your kinky hair, or in isolation amongst fellow blacks, there is a sensitivity of perception concerning race and racial tensions...................


SnoozeAgain;1432048 wrote: I wonder if it was racist of me to tell a Mexican co-worker how brown he got after being at the lake all weekend. Even though he was.

This discussion is getting ridiculous.


I suppose I need to qualify or explain what I think I mean......because several have picked up on the 'Tan' thing.

I may be wrong to assume that there are obvious drawbacks to being black in a predominantly white country......but.....in the US and UK for instance the percentage jailed from amongst the black population is greater, same as the unemployment figures being higher.

In the UK we used to allow our police to stop and search on Suspicion, this became targetted at inner city black youths due to the expectation they would be carrying weed, an easy target...... Poverty is higher, and educational standards are lower amongst blacks.

There are exceptions.............but generally this is fact.

If my understanding is wrong, somebody show me differently........

Now........on a tangent.....but to try and understand why these things might be as they are......

You either have to believe there is a fundimental difference between the races, or that there is something causing these differences to occur.

I believe it is the expectation or perception of racism from both sides black and white, we tend to pussy foot around each other, embarrased to mention certain words within earshot, ie blackboard, whitewash........not you and me.....of course.....just the PC brigade, but they have infected us all.

If you are, for instance, over weight ( a fatty) or have strawberry blonde hair ( a ginger top) in fact anything out of the ordinary, you will suffer from certain people's cutting remarks. If you happen to be black I suspect you get the same sort of thing........but it never ever ever ends.

So there is a sensitivity towards both sides from both sides, a black university graduate is never sure if they fail because they are black or if it's a personality thing, the white candidate doesn't have that problem.

I have to own up........at times I percieve myself to be racist, it's not a conscious thing, it's an inbuilt result of history.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post

I found Tude Dog insulting with his reply "so nothing".

TD--I should have left that alone. I try not to insult anyone."

I wasn't insulted.
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11518
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Let the looting begin

Post by YZGI »

It absolutely amazes me how there are two sides on this issue that differ so much and without any middle ground.

Side one think that TM attacked GZ and deserved to be shot.

Side two thinks GZ racially profiled, stalked and murdered the nice unarmed poor black child.

How can it be perceived so much differently by seemingly similar people?
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I don't know if he was nice. I don't know if he was poor, in any sense of the word. He was unarmed & he was a black KID. We all agree on that. Just the facts ma'am.
User avatar
valerie
Posts: 7125
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:00 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by valerie »

YZGI;1432110 wrote: It absolutely amazes me how there are two sides on this issue that differ so much and without any middle ground.

Side one think that TM attacked GZ and deserved to be shot.

Side two thinks GZ racially profiled, stalked and murdered the nice unarmed poor black child.

How can it be perceived so much differently by seemingly similar people?


Well I haven't been around much I guess, but I feel I'm more middle ground.

I don't think TM deserved to be shot. But I also don't think GZ racially profiled,

stalked and murdered him, either.

Both of them made poor decisions.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525



User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

YZGI;1432110 wrote: It absolutely amazes me how there are two sides on this issue that differ so much and without any middle ground.


I'm not

From the very beginning, when the professional race baiters, irReverend Jesse Hymietown Jackson appear and proven slanderar irreverand Al Sharpton show up, there is nothing good is going to come of this.

Then we have the Mr Hope and change sticking his two cents into it, adopting Martin as his own. Anybody think there are no race politics involved?

YZGI;1432110 wrote: Side one think that TM attacked GZ and deserved to be shot.


We both know nobody deserved to be shot.

Short of retrying the case here, it should be obvious how the jury came to a not guilty verdict. He wasn't arrested based on evidence, No grad jury, just on the orders of the governor and executed by his henchwoman, Angela Corey.

YZGI;1432110 wrote: Side two thinks GZ racially profiled, stalked and murdered the nice unarmed poor black child.


When we start with NBC news editing the 911 call to make him sound like a racist, it just went downhill from there.

FBI: GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS NOT A RACIST

YZGI;1432110 wrote: How can it be perceived so much differently by seemingly similar people?


Apparently, we are not all that similar.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

valerie;1432129 wrote: Well I haven't been around much I guess, but I feel I'm more middle ground.

I don't think TM deserved to be shot. But I also don't think GZ racially profiled,

stalked and murdered him, either.

Both of them made poor decisions.


I disagree.

George made a poor decision .

Martin made a criminal decision.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1432146 wrote: I disagree.

George made a poor decision .

Martin made a criminal decision.


You have absolutely no way of knowing that. You have chosen to believe Zimmerman's account. Why don't you say that instead? "Look", you can say, "I believe what the shooter said."

Even Zimmerman himself doesn't go as far as his supporters, or display the anger you do.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432147 wrote: You have absolutely no way of knowing that.


I most certainly do.

We all seen pictures of the injuries done done to George's face.

Martin's autopsy reports a 1/4 x 1/4 inch small abrasion on the left fourth finger.

AnneBoleyn;1432147 wrote: You have chosen to believe Zimmerman's account. Why don't you say that instead? "Look", you can say, "I believe what the shooter said."


NO

I come to my conclusion based on facts, not what George said.

AnneBoleyn;1432147 wrote: Even Zimmerman himself doesn't go as far as his supporters,


Be honest, I don't know what that means.

AnneBoleyn;1432147 wrote: or display the anger you do.


Sorry, didn't mean for my anger at opportunists to show. Just don't care if it does.

AND THE BEAT GOES ON
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What do you mean by "opportunists"?
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

All those frou-frou injuries to his face.

Yes. Her name is Mindy & she said to say she's comin' for your man card.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Let the looting begin

Post by gmc »

posted by tude dog

So you bought the prosecution's accusations hook line and sinker.




If I did then no more than you bought the defence arguments. You have made me more inclined to read the transcripts for myself rather than what is reported of them. In my experience bullies or those inclined to throw their weight around are usually surprised when people retaliate and claim the attack was unprovoked. Push someone and they sometimes push back.

That is a common assertion here, not born out in fact.




That's because guns are part of the equation, it's a peculiarly american problem. . Imagine living in a country where the possibility of someone having a gun is remote to non existent. I might have to worry about physical attack in some situations but not being gunned down by some nutter with a gun who decides I am a threat to him in some way. Road rage incidents with no possibility of someone pulling a gun in the heat of the moment - I was involved in an incuident where someone tried to force me off the road, in a country like america where guns are more likely than not I could see there being a case for opening fire first and a strong possibility there would have been lethal force used. As it was it just petered out. That's what I meant without guns the aggression is less likely to escalate.

Fact is for no good reason he viciously attacked an innocent man and paid the price of his foolishness.


We only have one version of events, maybe trayon martin felt threatened and defended himself but didn't have a gun. Whatever zimmerman was he was not innocent I think he was out for trouble that night and picked on the wrong victim - one that fought back.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432150 wrote: What do you mean by "opportunists"?


To begin with, Jackson and Sharpton.

T Martin's parents.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432152 wrote: All those frou-frou injuries to his face.

Yes. Her name is Mindy & she said to say she's comin' for your man card.


LOL

i think
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

TD: "Fact is for no good reason he viciously attacked an innocent man and paid the price of his foolishness."

Thanks for bringing that sentence back to my attention gmc. Viciously. All these adjectives used against Trayvon are just pointing out the viciousness heaped upon the victim. It's enough to say you believe Zimmerman was acting in self-defense. That's an opinion. This goes beyond opinion. These adjectives suggest a deep hatred for some other Americans. A real hatred divides Americans, & it's not coming from the left. It's an unwillingness to see any side but your own; an unwillingness to co-exist. "My way or the highway" is now "My way or I'll kill you". There's an envy I see. Not an envy of what minorities are "getting" that they can't "get" (nothing, not in reality), but an envy of George Zimmerman, that he got to kill one of "them". These white folks are aching for a chance to kill some black punks because "they get away with it". It's truly bordering on illness & it's starting to turn my stomach.

Peace & love. Dying concept. C'mon people.
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1432156 wrote: To begin with, Jackson and Sharpton.

T Martin's parents.


His parents. G-d forbid you should ever lose a child, especially in this way.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1432154 wrote: posted by tude dog

If I did then no more than you bought the defence arguments.


Problem for prosecution was all they had were arguments. Evidence would have been nice or a witness which wasn't more helpful to the defense.

gmc;1432154 wrote: You have made me more inclined to read the transcripts for myself rather than what is reported of them. In my experience bullies or those inclined to throw their weight around are usually surprised when people retaliate and claim the attack was unprovoked. Push someone and they sometimes push back.


I haven't seen transcripts. I watched it live or on video.

gmc;1432154 wrote: That's because guns are part of the equation, it's a peculiarly american problem. . Imagine living in a country where the possibility of someone having a gun is remote to non existent. I might have to worry about physical attack in some situations but not being gunned down by some nutter with a gun who decides I am a threat to him in some way. Road rage incidents with no possibility of someone pulling a gun in the heat of the moment - I was involved in an incuident where someone tried to force me off the road, in a country like america where guns are more likely than not I could see there being a case for opening fire first and a strong possibility there would have been lethal force used. As it was it just petered out. That's what I meant without guns the aggression is less likely to escalate.


Maybe you've heard it before, but guns aren't the problem.

gmc;1432154 wrote: We only have one version of events, maybe trayon martin felt threatened and defended himself but didn't have a gun.


Martin was gone for four minutes. Question is, where did he go and why did he come back, except to do a "ground and pound" on George? Martin had enough time to go home, call 911 but chose to attack.

gmc;1432154 wrote: Whatever zimmerman was he was not innocent I think he was out for trouble that night and picked on the wrong victim - one that fought back.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432160 wrote: His parents. G-d forbid you should ever lose a child, especially in this way.


They went on and beyond anything which deserves understanding, sympathy or whatever one may extend to grieving parents.

Never did find out how much money they held up the HOA for.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1432162 wrote: They went on and beyond anything which deserves understanding, sympathy or whatever one may extend to grieving parents.

Never did find out how much money they held up the HOA for.


Good. You never lost a child, especially in this way. Good for you. I'm not being sarcastic. Consider yourself lucky. You are being beyond cruel now. By HOA, do you mean the homeowner's association? What a payday.

I'm sorry for you that you have such ugly hatred in your heart. I have no desire to continue this part of our conversation. Now just go & thank your lucky stars.
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

YZGI;1432110 wrote: It absolutely amazes me how there are two sides on this issue that differ so much and without any middle ground.

Side one think that TM attacked GZ and deserved to be shot.

Side two thinks GZ racially profiled, stalked and murdered the nice unarmed poor black child.

How can it be perceived so much differently by seemingly similar people?


I was even thinking of making my signature block "TM deserved to be shot".

Are you insane? I didn't say anything like that and I never would.
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

tude dog;1432162 wrote: They went on and beyond anything which deserves understanding, sympathy or whatever one may extend to grieving parents.

Never did find out how much money they held up the HOA for.


Didn't they try to trademark his name?
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1432165 wrote: Didn't they try to trademark his name?


Yep



Trayvon Martin case: Mother trademarks her son's name | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1432165 wrote: Didn't they try to trademark his name?


Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

You three are sick in the head.

The Real Reason Trayvon Martin’s Mother Trademarked His Name | Radar Online

The Real Reason Trayvon Martin’s Mother Trademarked His Name

"Sybrina Fulton, applied for trademarks for two slogans that have appeared on T-shirts, posters and promotional materials, to prevent anyone from profiting off of and exploiting her slain son and has no plans ever to profit herself from the trademarks, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting."

I'm not sure, but I get the impression none of you are parents. If you were I doubt you'd behave so incredibly stupidly over the loss of a child, especially your own, EVEN if your child may have been guilty of something, as we all are. I'm hoping you behave this way because it's the internet, & not because of some innate callousness.
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

And you, tude, you douche bag---1 million was the payout. Zimmerman was in an official capacity acting for the homeowner's association. They settled without quibbling. If it were your family member, your beloved wife, shot for any reason dead within the confines of a condo by someone acting in the name of the condo, you would do the same thing. Anyone would, ANYONE.
User avatar
tude dog
Posts: 4504
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 am

Let the looting begin

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432171 wrote: And you, tude, you douche bag---1 million was the payout. Zimmerman was in an official capacity acting for the homeowner's association. They settled without quibbling. If it were your family member, your beloved wife, shot for any reason dead within the confines of a condo by someone acting in the name of the condo, you would do the same thing. Anyone would, ANYONE.


Speak for yourself.

I believe T learned to be a prig from mom.

She is lying about not wanting money.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles,” Doug Larson.

“Never doubt the courage of the French. They were the ones who discovered that snails are edible.”
― Doug Larson
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

And you're lying if you think you wouldn't sue too. Lying to yourself is worse than lying to me.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have lost a child... a baby daughter.

My husbands first son died of cancer In Guy's hospital aged 4 years old.

My close friend Karens daughter was murdered at the age of 14 and after a bungled police operation that saw the murder trial collapse. ( Charlene Downs )

So I beg to differ...

The last thing most parents want when losing a child Is fuss, trademarking names etc etc.

This Is about differences of opinion, that's all.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1432169 wrote: You three are sick in the head.

The Real Reason Trayvon Martin’s Mother Trademarked His Name | Radar Online

The Real Reason Trayvon Martin’s Mother Trademarked His Name

"Sybrina Fulton, applied for trademarks for two slogans that have appeared on T-shirts, posters and promotional materials, to prevent anyone from profiting off of and exploiting her slain son and has no plans ever to profit herself from the trademarks, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting."

I'm not sure, but I get the impression none of you are parents. If you were I doubt you'd behave so incredibly stupidly over the loss of a child, especially your own, EVEN if your child may have been guilty of something, as we all are. I'm hoping you behave this way because it's the internet, & not because of some innate callousness.


You're going to insult me and call me names because I wrote "Didn't they try to trademark his name?"

Phuck you too.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1432176 wrote: You're going to insult me and call me names because I wrote "Didn't they try to trademark his name?"

Phuck you too.
All I said was ' Yep ' and gave you the link.... I am not sick In the head. I happen to know how the mother of a murdered teenager conducts herself following the death of her daughter. I may be cynical but I know exactly how It feels to lose a child.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
Scrat
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Scrat »

What's all this talk about the "African American Culture"? What makes you think that there is a separate culture between blacks and whites in this country? Show it to me. Blacks and whites both depend on the same economy, the same set of rules, the same laws - they are both born the same way. What exactly is it you're talking about? Are you claiming that black adults allow their children to be more violent and more disobedient? If so, that flies in the face of your earlier "mothers" comment as well as the "gene pool" hypothesis the two of you have been spouting.


You don't know what African American Culture is Ahso? Here, read this.

African-American culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you claiming that black adults allow their children to be more violent and more disobedient?


Why don't you go look up the stats for unwed births in the black community then read a little more about families and the lack of father figures in the lives of children.

Why don't you go study inner city gangs.

Educate yourself.
Patsy Warnick
Posts: 4567
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 am

Let the looting begin

Post by Patsy Warnick »

George Zimmerman was a "Hero" today. stated by news..

There was a car accident and George pulled people from their vehicles.

stated by news.

Interesting

Patsy
User avatar
Fyrenza
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by Fyrenza »

tl/dnr

Is anyone else PROUD of us/US, that there wasn't a bunch of violence over this?

DESPITE the rabble-rousers, doing their BEST to

Make It So?

Maybe,

just MAYBE,

we DID finally get past the final frontier of racism

for us/US?

Let's DO be equal,

and let's do protect us/US.
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Let the looting begin

Post by flopstock »

Patsy Warnick;1432183 wrote: George Zimmerman was a "Hero" today. stated by news..



There was a car accident and George pulled people from their vehicles.

stated by news.



Interesting

Patsy


There are two types of folks in this life..



There are those that step up to the plate and those that stay in their seats and critique the performance of those at the plate.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1432176 wrote: You're going to insult me and call me names because I wrote "Didn't they try to trademark his name?"

Phuck you too.


oscar;1432177 wrote: All I said was ' Yep ' and gave you the link.... I am not sick In the head. I happen to know how the mother of a murdered teenager conducts herself following the death of her daughter. I may be cynical but I know exactly how It feels to lose a child.


Thank you for phucking me snooze. It does get lonely sometimes. Guess I have some 'splainin' to do.

The older we all get the more people we love we lose. Some of us have lost a person, a child who is from your body as well as your heart. There is an ownership we feel, an intense loyalty, to the loved ones in our lives that we lose. We protect them & honor them beyond death. None of us have lost a person who has become international property---whose face is on T-Shirts, who no doubt will have "Movies of the Week Made for TV". Anyone in that position will want to protect, to own as best they can. In today's world unfortunately that involves lawyers & the law. Trayvon's parents are being guided by attorneys. So would any of you in this same position. Be as disingenuous you want to others, but be truthful to yourselves.

Did any one of the 9/11 families turn down the money or not ask for more? No, I'm not comparing the deaths of those victims of terrorism to Trayvon Martin. But to survivors a death is a death is a death. When my husband died, had I received money I would have used it for help in my situation & my son's. It wouldn't have taken the grief but we would have been able to deal a bit better. But alas, there was no one to blame.

When Peter fell in a poorly lit section of town, did you not, Oscar, try to better his situation even though he was terribly hurt?

And snooze, it appeared you answered with glee, not with any thought of explanation or understanding.

No oscar, you are Not Sick in the Head, & you are now dealing with a very hard situation. It can't be easy for you. Pete is a wonderful man & I hope you two will be blessed.

Last night I let my temper get the best of me. I do apologize as I value your friendships.
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Let the looting begin

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Patsy Warnick;1432183 wrote: George Zimmerman was a "Hero" today. stated by news..

There was a car accident and George pulled people from their vehicles.

stated by news.

Interesting

Patsy


Yes, I was interested that he was able to pull several people out of a car but couldn't push one person off of him without deadly force. Especially since the defense portrayed him as such a weak willie.

Too bad I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Maybe it was a set-up. Just sayin'.

Return to “Crimes Trials”