Holiday Thieves

Lady J

Holiday Thieves

Post by Lady J »

Last week at the Dog Park some one broke into two cars in the parking lot by smashing the passenger window out and stealing the pocketbook that was on the seat. Granted that leaving your pocketbook in view in an unattended car is not the smartest thing one can do but holiday thefts are such a bummer.

Today I went out to collect my loose change cans that I have in about 15 local businesses. The cans are for Animal Advocates and each week I swap them for an empty can. They don’t collect much, mostly coins and some times I will get a few bills. I had three of the fifteen cans stolen.

Now stealing is stealing but to rob bits of change that goes to help homeless animals is a bit low in my opinion.

:mad:
Snooz

Holiday Thieves

Post by Snooz »

Oscar's got a similar story about pet food donations. Some people don't deserve to live.
Peter Lake

Holiday Thieves

Post by Peter Lake »

Julie placed boxes in local shops with a sign asking shoppers to buy one extra tin of meat for the local animal shelters. She ran into one shop early morning just to get some cigarettes and noticed the box half full but when she went back in the evening with the car to collect the tins, there were only two tins in the box. Other shops have been very generous but it leaves a very nasty taste in your mouth.
LarsMac

Holiday Thieves

Post by LarsMac »

Hard times.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Holiday Thieves

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Hard times ? We all have hard times In life. We don't steal the food out of abandoned animals mouths. Low life scum.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Holiday Thieves

Post by LarsMac »

That was an observation, not an excuse.

I doubt the thieves cared from whom they were stealing.

Theft is often about opportunity.

And those donation cans, I would suspect the clerks where they disappeared know more than they will tell.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Holiday Thieves

Post by Oscar Namechange »

LarsMac;1412187 wrote: That was an observation, not an excuse.

I doubt the thieves cared from whom they were stealing.

Theft is often about opportunity.

And those donation cans, I would suspect the clerks where they disappeared know more than they will tell.
Yep and I'm In no doubt that the owner of the shop put the cans back on the shelves and re-sold them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lady J

Holiday Thieves

Post by Lady J »

Peter Lake;1412101 wrote: Julie placed boxes in local shops with a sign asking shoppers to buy one extra tin of meat for the local animal shelters. She ran into one shop early morning just to get some cigarettes and noticed the box half full but when she went back in the evening with the car to collect the tins, there were only two tins in the box. Other shops have been very generous but it leaves a very nasty taste in your mouth.

this really sucks too!

It makes it difficult to keep trying when others follow your good intentions with defeat but I for one will never give up.

I'm sure Oscar won't give up either.

Thanks for sharing Peter

Return to “Crimes Trials”