John Terry verdict

Bruv

John Terry verdict

Post by Bruv »

Let me give a run down of what I think happened to the English football player John Terry and the subsequent prosecution and verdict.

An off duty Policeman watching a televised football match believed Mr Terry mouthed a racial obscenity towards an opposing player Anton Ferdinand, later a prosecution occurred.

The defence was that Terry *thought* Ferdinand had complained wrongly about a racial slur that Terry was repeating and it was that that was shown on TV.

Ferdinand couldn't remember hearing or complaining about the racial slur or repeating it to Terry.

Terry's account was consistent, in that he was only reacting to Ferdinand's accusation of what Ferdinand denies hearing and repeating.......are you keeping up ?

Nobody denies Terry said what he was alleged to have said, Terry insists he was only repeating what Ferdinand said, Terry said to him, although he doesn't remember saying it.

So......in summary.

Terry is accused by Ferdinand of a racially offensive slur, Terry denies saying anything, but agrees he did repeat what Ferdinand said he heard.

BBC Report plus transcript of verdict (Naughty words included)
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

John Terry verdict

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What a complete waste of money. The only winners are the lawyers.

The F.A. was on the brink of concluding their own Investigation before the police came In uninvited.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

John Terry verdict

Post by YZGI »

So. he said "black"? Isn't the guy black? I can't believe they bring charges like these that happen in a sporting event.

Return to “Crimes Trials”